“Fantastic Place to Stay”

Crathorne Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crathorne
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed here and had a wonderful time. The staff were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. We shared afternoon tea which was fantastic. We had dinner in the evening which was outstanding and breakfast in the morning which was excellent. The room was beautiful and relaxing. The lounge bar after our dinner was great and a nice place to relax and unwind. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning to stay in and around the area(North Yorkshire and North East). All in all a Fantastic Place to Stay

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
MarkClayton, General Manager at Crathorne Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for reviewing Crathorne Hall as a ‘fantastic place to stay’. Your review was a pleasure to read as you had such an enjoyable and relaxing stay from the start to the finish. Your recommendation really is appreciated and we look forward to seeing you back again at Crathorne next time you are in the area.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is the first time i have been to Crathorne and used the facilities for Business rather than pleasure.

Once again the team at Crathorne did not dissapoint!

I arrived the evening before my conference/training and was recognised by the team from a previous stay (over 6 months ago) and addressed by my name on arrival - a great touch

I was given access to the conference room to set up in the evening which allowed me to kick back and relax in the lounge and have some dinner.

The food was fantastic and the waitor read my mind when he arrived with my drink of choice before i had even asked for it.

Breakfast was lovely on the morning of the conference and the chef didnt mind cooking me something slightly different to what was on offer (fussy eater but the staff were happy to help).

The conference room was light and spacious and had all the equipment i required (projectors, screens, power points etc). A gentleman was setting up for drinks and the layout was perfect for my needs.

Lunch was provided as part of the conference and as our conference was 'Health' focused the chef had provuided a wide variety of healthy foods and to add a great touch to each dish he had printed little cards which explained what was in the dish and why it was healthy.

Overall this was a faultless business experience and i cant wait to return again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of Crathorne Hall after your business visit. I was pleased to read that you found our business facilities and team ‘faultless’. Our aim is to always take the stress away from planning such events by doing everything we can to make it easier on the day. The fantastic building along with the breathtaking surroundings does have a real and positive impact on all our visiting business and conference guests, we do receive amazing feedback on this on a regular basis. I am thrilled that you were able to relax and enjoy your stay before your conference. We really do appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back for another conference shortly.

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Booked with my wife for a short stay. Beautiful rooms, large comfy beds. The lounge is great to chill with drinks before you dine and the food was excellent. The staff are attentive without being over bearing and catered for all our needs. The service would certainly embarrass some of the alleged luxury chains. I'd certainly recommend it for a treat break away.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you have chosen Crathorne Hall as your wedding venue, I am sure that Rachel will be already excited about planning a magical day for you both. Crathorne is a beautiful place to get married, each season does offer a different landscape and back drop, always great for wedding photos all the year round. The indulgence package which you booked on is popular with our guests as it offers a dinner bed and breakfast stay with cream tea on arrival and a special glass of our hand picked fizz (fantastic value if I may so myself!) I am pleased to hear that our team looked after you so well. We look forward to welcoming you back to Crathorne soon to carry on with making the exciting plans for your big day.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My partner and I had stayed at Crathorne Hall about a year ago and had a lovely stay. We recently got engaged and thought of this place straightaway as a possible wedding venue. So we decided to book another night stay and make an appointment with the event co-ordinator. From the minute we arrived the staff we very friendly and attentive. There was a wedding that day so we got to see all the rooms set up as they would be on our day. We had a meeting with Rachel and she was very informative and talked us through everything. This time we stayed in the Welbury room. It is a lovely spacious room with a beautiful view. As part of the Indulgence package we had dinner the Leven restaurant. The food and wine was excellent and we was looked after by all the waiting staff. We have provisionally booked our wedding and I can't wait to go back and stay again very soon!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I really am delighted to hear that you have chosen Crathorne Hall as your wedding venue, I am sure that Rachel will plan a magical day for you both. Crathorne is a beautiful place to get married, each season does offer a different landscape and back drop, always great for wedding photos all the year round. The indulgence package which you booked on is popular with our guests as it offers a dinner bed and breakfast stay with cream tea and a glass of fizz (fantastic value if I may so myself!) I am pleased to hear that our team looked after you so well. We look forward to welcoming you back to Crathorne to make the exciting plans for your big day.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Me and my girlfriend have just got back from a 1 night stay at Crathorne Hall. We took both sets of parents as a Mothers day treat and have got to say it has to be one of the best hotel stays i have experienced.

On the first day we enjoyed a late lunch and dinner and on mothers day we enjoyed a Sunday roast (we all agreed one of the best we have had) with the most impressive Yorkshire Puddings! I would love to know how they are made so big??? and an afternoon tea just before we departed.

All the staff were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble, the place was immaculate and the food was amazing. I expected the busyness of the place when we arrived to impact the service but this was definitely not the case! This place must be a local favorite.

Even the usually winging mother in law didn't have a bad word to say!

We will be back again soon to stay with the family and to look at the place as a potential wedding venue!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review following your mothers day treat and stay. I am delighted to hear that you regard Crathorne as ‘one of the best hotels’ you have stayed in, it is a fantastic comment and accolade to the hard work of our team who work to try and make each individual guest experience special. Our kitchen team were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your mothers day lunch, especially the giant Yorkshire pudding’s which they are very proud of even more so after I discussed it with them. Our wedding co-ordinator would love to discuss with you how we can make your special day magical at Crathorne Hall. Please contact the hotel on 01642700398 and we will be happy to arrange an appointment with you to discuss this.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed at Crathorne hotel for 2 nights the service from all the team was first class. I used the conference and meeting facilities which were set to my exact requirements and my specific request for a healthy lunch for all my delegates exceed my expectation. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the ones with the large baths !
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review following your recent business stay. I am delighted that our team continue to provide a ‘first class’ service to our guests and that you business requirements were not only met but exceeded. Thank you for your kind recommendation of Crathorne for both a hotel and business venue. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future for your next stay and conference

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Just one night but more than enough to be able to recommend this hotel. From the imposing building to the great staff experience you get this is a classic.
Rooms are maned not numbered - a little difficult to find mine but a kind 'Sherpa' helped me. Room was good with comfy bed and plenty of space. Breakfast was also good with a great choice. Special mention for the night barman who showed concern after my little accident and the reception staff for their patience..
Well done

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

.Thank you for your review and recommendation of Crathorne Hall. It is always a pleasure to read that team here are as impressive as the grand building itself. Each room in Crathorne is named after a local area which we feel makes the guest experience even more special, especially since each room is different to the next. I am pleased that the reception and night team were able to help you with your accident and I have passed on your kind words to them. We look forward to welcoming you back to Crathorne in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crathorne
Judges Country House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Billingham
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
23 mi away
Swinton Park Country Club and Spa

Been to Crathorne Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!