“Super location, grand house, friendly service.”

Crathorne Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crathorne
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Bad points: Nasty plastic fake wood flooring in bathroom. Bed too hard (I was in a Deluxe room), woke up in the middle of the night with hip ache. Breakfast - half a fried tomato: it was cold, half a mushroom: cold too, two poached eggs: yolks were almost hard, the rest of breakfast was lovely though :)
Nibbles (dried crunchy mini bread-stick type things) to go with drink in the evening a bit pathetic considering price of stay.
There was a slightly 'tired' feeling to some of the decor in my room (a bit of peeling wallpaper next to the headboard), and the upstairs hallways (ghastly looking fire-doors) but maybe that's me being pedantic.

Good points: My room was spacious and clean and I felt very relaxed. I was able to turn the heating down to suit the low temperature I like at night. The view from my windows (on the top floor) was beautiful, a snowy white vista with the trees poking through.

Service was friendly and efficient all round. A very nice waiter found me browsing artefacts in the corridor and asked if I needed anything, I did, a glass of champagne ... which was brought through to the drawing room for me. The same waiter brought a pot of tea to my room in the morning, friendly but non-intrusive, perfect.

Had a very pleasant walk around the grounds in the morning.

Room Tip: "Huworth" = Large room in the middle of the top floor at the back, facing sweeping views o...
1  Thank Flea B
MarkClayton, General Manager at Crathorne Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am naturally disappointed at the issues you had but am pleased that it did not detract from your relaxing stay. Our aim is to keep the hotel as close to its country manor routes as possible, but I understand that this is sometimes not to everyone’s taste. I have passed on your comments to our maintenance team regarding the décor that you felt was ‘tired’ and your mixed views regarding breakfast have been passed on to our breakfast team.

I am glad that you were able to enjoy the beautiful views from the back, which especially look spectacular when the snow falls. We have various types of mattresses in rooms within the hotel, sorry that the bed in the room you stayed in was not to your taste, when you plan your next visit please contact me directly so that I can personally oversee your booking and select a room that will suit your taste more accordingly.

There are newer reviews for Crathorne Hall Hotel

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business:

Positives are: Spacious rooms, cosy, good size, free internet, nice bathroom, very comfy bed, quiet, good breakfast, polite/helpful staff, free parking

Negatives are: Bathroom was absolutely freezing! And I did expect a bath whic there wasnt :/ No lift and rooms are hard to find as they ae named not numbered.

Overll a really nice stay, only a couple of minor things but nothing that would put me off from staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review after your business trip to Crathorne Hall. I am pleased that you found our rooms cosy and that you had a good night sleep in our comfy beds (these have only recently been changed). Our rooms have a homely feel to them which attracts business people to the hotel and our excellent staff make sure that guests receive a warm welcome. I note your comments on the bathroom. The majority of the rooms in the hotel come equipped with a bath; it seems that on this occasion you were allocated a room with a shower only. When you return in the future please contact reception prior to your visit who will be more than happy to allocate you a room with a bath and who can arrange for a porter to help you with your luggage and finding your room (all our rooms are named after the local areas).

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We would highley recommend this hotel! The hotel is picturesque inside and out, It has a lovely cosy atmosphere, partly due to the friendly staff who are all so helpful, nothing a bother. The Porter, Elli was extremely helpful and friendly, not only did he show us to our room but insisted he carry our luggage, then he found time to give us a tour of the hotel. Our room was of high standed,Food was excellent! We could not complain about our stay, even if we tried!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of you stay with us. I am thrilled that our staff, and in particular Elli, went the extra mile to ensure that your stay was special. We pride ourselves on producing high quality, locally sourced food in our Leven Restaurant so I am pleased that our chefs hard work continues to pay off and that you enjoyed your meal. We look forward to welcoming you back to Crathorne soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

we have been to this hotel 3 times and loved every one- would definitely recommend. lovely hotel and decor with wonderful attentive staff without being overly burdensome. You are made to feel truly welcome.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your glowing review following your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you continue to choose Crathorne Hall Hotel and that our staff make you feel so welcome. It is always great to see that returning guests continue to thoroughly enjoy their stay with us time and time again. I hope to welcome you back to Crathorne Hall again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

On arrival greeted at hotel entrance by Head Porter Elli who showed us firstly where to check in and then took our bags to our room, complimentary upgrade to deluxe room as it was a special occasion, the room was absolutely beautiful with a balcony overlooking the grounds. Room of a very high standard and the staff service in all departments was brilliant and the food wonderful, we will be going again in the future. No complaints whatsoever!

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for your fantastic review. I am pleased that we were able to make your celebration even more special with a room upgrade! I have passed on your comments to Elli our porter, who has always been a favourite with our guests. Thank you for your kind comments on our fantastic staff and food, I am thrilled that our service continues to live up to the grand manor house experience offered here at Crathorne. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Just home after staying at Crathorne for my God-son's wedding, we stayed many years ago over Christmas, which was brilliant, then a Virgin hotel, so were interested to see how it had changed-or not! The hotel still has a super atmosphere & the staff are just so friendly & helpful. The wedding was superbly organised & everything flowed through the day. Food good & tasty breakfast served by the delightful Gloria.
Our room was Glaisdale, on the top floor, with wonderful views. Could have done with extra storage shelving/freestanding unit in bathroom & the lighting for reading in the bedroom was rather dim but minor issues when staying in such a lovely character building.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time leave us some brilliant feedback from your recent stay with us at Crathorne. I am pleased that handpicked hotels have impressed you as much as your previous stay. Please pass on my congratulations to your God sod on his recent marriage. I am delighted to hear that our staff here impressed you and have particularly passed on your comments to Gloria who stood out for you at Breakfast. Glaisdale is indeed a wonderful room with fantastic views over the valley of the River Leven. Thank you for your comments regarding the lighting and storage we value guests honesty so that we can improve our facilities even further. I look forward to welcoming you back to Crathorne Hall soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We just spent the weekend here as part of a wedding party and I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. The location is beautiful even in the dreary winter time, the food was lovely but above all the attentiveness and friendliness of all staff was very impressive. It is a four hour drive for us but is definitely on our list of return to places.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
MarkClayton, General Manager at Crathorne Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for your review following the wedding you attended here at the Hall. I am glad that you appreciated that the hotel is set in a beautiful location, we are all equally proud of the hall and its stunning location. I have shared your praise with all our team, there is no better reward for team to read and hear that they make such a good and lasting impression on our guests. I recognise the fact that I do have a special and dedicated team who are all committed to deliver the highest standards in customer care. I am delighted that you are already planning your next trip to Crathorne and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Do contact me directly so I can personally oversee your return stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crathorne
Gisborough Hall Hotel
Redworth Hall Hotel
Redworth Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Redworth
Swinton Park Country Club and Spa

Been to Crathorne Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!