“Pre-Christmas Stop-over” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bilbrough
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Pre-Christmas Stop-over”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were 2 couples staying for a pre-Christmas week-end. Hotel, reception & reception staff were wonderful (usual Premier Inn staff!), but the small restaurant was understaffed (or untrained staff, couldn't tell), we had a disappointing dinner & a disastrous breakfast. The breakfast was the worst we have ever experienced in the Premier name; staff didn't know what they were doing, unkempt & not very clean looking waitress, who huffed & puffed her way through the entire experience! No tea, coffee, napkins, cutlery etc. etc..... I did, however, write to Premier Inn and they were very apologetic, refunded our money and promised to look into the matter. It won't put us off using Premier Inn as they are 'usually' fantastic! Let's hope this was just a glitch!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Daventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed in December for 2 nights during school holidays. It was absolutely fantastic. The room was lovely and had a big modern TV and a sitting area, we were provided with a travel cot for our baby and the bed was super comfortable. Breakfast was lovely and really good value! Going back again in a Feb half term because we loved it so much!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Hotel on New Years Eve 2012. We had a very pleasant evening with a lovely three course meal in the Restaurant adjoining the Hotel. We chose the meal deal which cost £22.50 per person, and which included three courses plus a glass of wine, beer or tea and coffee. It also included a full breakfast in the morning.

All the staff who we encountered, were friendly and helpful, and nothing was too much trouble for them. The bedroom was lovely, comfortable and with all the facilities needed for an over night stay.

We drove into York on New Years Day, and although alot of places were closed, we saw alot of things just be walking up and down,

We shall definitely be back.

Room Tip: There is a busy main road close to the Hotel, but the windows are double glazed so noise is minimal.
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for two nights for New Year as wanted to go out in York and the hotels in the centre were quite expensive. We used the park and ride to go into York during the day and drove in for the evening as we weren't drinking. Both ways were easy and the hotel really didn't feel too out of the city at all.

The hotel was reasonably priced and we used the restaurant for dinner on our first night, and had breakfast the following morning. It was typical of a PI restaurant and was fine, although service was slow for dinner and they had run out of vegetarian sausages for breakfast [although they offered French Toast instead and did apologise].

Improvements? To fully clean the room after the first night, and a personal bug bear of mine - if check-out is 12 noon, it's always frustrating to be woken by the knock of housekeeping before 11am wanting to clean the room on the day you're due to leave...

• 3 of 5 bubbles
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights between christmas and new year. Very friendly staff and good food.

Excellent location for park and ride,(about 3 1/2 miles away)

We have stayed here before because of free parking close to the park and ride, which costs £2.60 per person.

This hotel tends to be cheaper than the city centre one and where it costs about £10.00 per day to park and no guarantee that there are spaces.

Meal deal for 3 course meal,drink and a "eat as you much as you like" breakfast for about £22.50.

I would like to see a cheaper traditional breakfast for about £4.50 as the all you can eat is expensive compared to Wetherspoons which I used twice during my stay for a small breakfast for around £5.00 inc. toast and a cup of tea.

Room Tip: ask for the rear, facing the Land Rover Garage. Quiet area.
Chesterfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a recently refurbished Premier Inn with it's own restaurant facilities. Excellent staff. Also only a short drive into York and with plenty of free parking. Other facilities on site - a good chippy, petrol station and Mcdonalds.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Edwina A
Northallerton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I needed to stay in or around York over Christmas 2012 whilst visiting relatives who had no spare room at their house. In October 2012 I started to look for somewhere to stay. I managed to get an 8 night stay with all but one night priced at £19.00 (Boxing Day night was £29 but that was still very good value). Being a disabled traveller, staying alone, I had booked an accessible disabled room.

There is ample car parking at the hotel with 3 disabled car parking spaces. Check in was quick and easy with a very helpful lady on reception who could not do enough to help. I had a friend with me when I checked in to help carry my bags etc to my room but I am sure if I had asked, then one of the staff would have helped me with this.

My room was easily accessible in my powered wheelchair. There was a low bed and also a low bath with overhead shower. I can manage with this arrangement but if one cannot then it maybe worth specifying that you need a 'wet room' type bathroom which is fitted into some disabled rooms apparently.

There was plenty of room in the bedroom to move about in the wheelchair and a wide sliding door leading into the bathroom. Everything was at an accessible height for me. There were spare soft pillows available in the room and enough towels for my use. The room was spotlessly clean and obviously well maintained. There was a large television with Freeview in the room. Also guests get 30 minutes free internet access per night which is enough to check e-mails etc. After the 30 free minutes I used my own T-Mobile dongle to get online (which had a good signal strength so I do not know how much extra hotel internet access costs).

The double bed was very comfortable and I slept very well every night (They do offer a full nightly refund if one does not get a good nights sleep but I never needed to take up this offer).

Although I had not paid for it in advance, I had breakfast in the hotel each morning for which I paid £8.25 daily for the 'as much as you want' full English breakfast (There is also a Continental Breakfast Option priced at Five Pounds something). The cooked breakfast was freshly cooked, very well presented and overall excellent. There was also plenty of toast, cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit salad etc and unlimited tea/coffee. I was told when my cooked breakfast was served that if I wanted any further cooked breakfast items then it was no problem and I could submit a fresh order (if I had room inside that is, as I was already full after my 'first' breakfast order).

Although Premier Inn offer a fairly standard product overall (and I generally find it a very good standard) I found all the staff at this hotel to be very friendly and exceedingly helpful. The hotel, restaurant and bar and my room were clean and tidy and very well presented.

For £19.00 per night, it was exceedingly good value. Infact at double this, it would still be good value. I have stayed at hotels at 4 or 5 times the price I paid and found them to be lacking but no such problems at this Premier Inn.

Room Tip: If you need a disabled room with a wetroom type bathroom be sure to specify 'wetroom' when b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bilbrough
Premier Inn York North West Hotel
Days Inn Wetherby
Days Inn Wetherby
#1 of 3 in Wetherby
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,769 reviews

Been to Premier Inn York South West Hotel? Share your experiences!