“better than expected”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Manchester, United Kingdom
“better than expected”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

stoped here for breakfast sat 24th august (bank holiday weekend) very busy, attended to very quickly food very good and not overpriced. Would stop there again on our next trip too scarborough.
Read reviews about the toilet facilities not being clean they were fine when we used them

Suffolk, England
“Pleasant Suprise, lovely staff”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

First time I've been in a Little Chef in a long time and I was really pleasantly surprised. Due to its convenient location next to the Travelodge we ended up having three breakfasts here and one lunch! They were lovely with my two young boys and we had a nice time with reasonable tasting food for a reasonable price. There's a nice under-6 soft play area that we only discovered on the last visit! I'm afraid I can only remember the name of Danny our waiter on the last day but all the staff were equally welcoming and friendly.

Visited August 2013
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“Perfect stop off”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We always call in here for a coffee and bacon sandwich on our way north. We've never been disappointed by the friendly greeting, quick service, decent coffee and great bacon sandwiches. It's always spotlessly clean but they do need some different piped music in the loos!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Not Welcoming”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I called in yesterday and thought I would go to the ladies first. A member of staff came straight in front of me and I asked where the toilets were he said abrubptly, the toilets in the corner but are you dining here. I said yes we were and he said we couldnt use the toilet unless we were. I said we need a table for four, anyway there were empty tables in the main restaurant but he said they were saving them for someone else and could we use the high stools at the breakfast bar, well Im 64 and crippled with arthritis so that was not a good idea. He then said we could go into the self service area which they dont staff and it was empty so we went in there and just had a coffee and left as soon as we could. My daughter has a cafe and we said no wonder small independents are opening up all over the place the big companies do not deserve custom how they treat you and fancy having an empty area when people are queing for seats in the main area just because they cant staff it. If tha'ts Little Chef I wont ever bother again.

York, United Kingdom
“Avoid”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I remember the Little Chef from THF days and it was the stop enjoyed by me, my wife and two young children. Sadly they are a shadow of their former self and we only ate here because we stayed at the Travelodge next door.

There were only a family of 4 in the restaurant and the staff were talking amongst themselves. It took ages for someone to take our order. No drinks arrived as 'someone put a tray on the order'. Coffee was bitter, but my wife's tea was fine.

My wife had Hot Dog with Caramellised Onions. The hot dog was smoothered in onions and covered the bread roll which was soggy. She had to remove them before she could eat the hot dog - very poor.

I had the BIG WORKS burger which was okay but failed to live up to the description. It was so spicy (not warned) that it caused severe reflux and prevented me from sleeping. Yes - lesson learnt!

Do avoid if at all possible.

Visited August 2013