TripAdvisor

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Asenby
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Top service lovely little shabby chic bolt hole would recommend for a special treat. Restaurant service impeccable

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,668)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed and ate at the Crab for a birthday meal booked over a year in advance.
The room was lovely but the food was well, poor. Really sorry about the one star but it doesn't deserve more. The chefs shouting loudly all night in the kitchen didn't help.
We had lunch at The Angel close by which was far superior.

1  Thank GlobeTrotting493989
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I took a drive out for our anniversary meal yesterday evening, it’s not our first time at C&L... have to say the food, the team were amazing and feel I should make a special mention to my main course, I opted for a lemon sole dish (picture 3), a big statement but I have to say this is one of the best dishes I have ever tasted and I do dine out regular. Thank you for a lovely evening, will be back again soon, Emma & Simon

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our third visit to the Crab & Lobster and I have to say it was a little disappointing compared to our previous visits. The restaurant was very cold ( although the heating did eventually come on) but whilst I was mulling over the menu I was actually shivering and thinking I would not enjoy my meal if I was so cold. The food just did not live up to expectations and the standard was not up to previous visits. I can't say it was terrible, as we did eat it, but at the prices they charge it wasn't the Wow we have previously experienced. I had the prawn cocktail, which lacked taste and had virtually no sauce, but the biggest NO NO was that the battered king prawn that comes with the cocktail had not been deveined and the black tract was still intact and was most definately off putting! I deveined it myself and enjoyed the prawn!!! I did mention it to the waiter when he cleared our plates, and showed him the black tract I left on my plate, but was met with a silent stare. My partner had the ribs which he said was tasty. For mains I had the half garlic lobster which was nice, but not exceptional. Partner had the halibut which was overcooked and very dry. I asked for a side salad (which I had to pay an additional £4 for -on top of the £30 cost for the main dish - which just happens to be one of my biggest gripes at any restaurance who dont put salad or veg with the main and then charge extra for it! hey ho...) but the salad was overpowering with far too much red onion, it was 80% onion and 20% other salad, so I didn't enjoy it at all. For 2 starters and 2 mains, 1 G&T and 1 small glass of wine it was £105, so not easy on the pocket. Come on Crab & Lobster, you can do better than this, there are a lot of good restaurants in the surrounding area - you need to up your game! On a positive note the young waiter was very friendly and attentive, much more that the one who gave the silent treatment for mentioning the lack of deveining the prawn!

4  Thank dianehitchen
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We got married here last September. We had a relatively small wedding and it was absolutely perfect. A very special thank you to John and Heather who lifted the pressure off our shoulders...they seriously could not have made it any better... it was faultless! Interestingly, our Son and several of our guests had attended much bigger wedding ceremonies earlier that year in the UK and abroad and they all said that there was nothing to compare with the experience of our wedding day.... everything ran like clockwork. The staff worked tirelessly all day and night and with smiles... This of course does not happen my accident... big thanks to John! Everything you organised on our day was so very much appreciated and will always be remembered. We spent so much time researching venues etc., We eventually found ‘the one’ It’s very different and extra special. A perfect venue to make your vows....

We have had many amazing beautiful dining experiences at the Crab and Lobster prior to tying the knot and afterwards,,.. For us this restaurant is up there... We really enjoyed Christmas Day luncheon 2018 and we stayed overnight. A very different experience... jumping in the hot tub at tea time instead of falling asleep on the settee (try it, great fun)

I would recommend this restaurant/venue to anyone for Lunch, Dinner, Anniversary, Wedding, Birthday’s or for a special overnight stay with a dining experience. The rooms are different too.... they have several themed rooms in beautiful grounds that are really special, with lots of attention to detail.... check out their website. We are working our way through trying all of the rooms.... I would personally recommend the rooms with the individual private hot tubs... fabulous! A treat... well worth it! We have stayed in 4 different rooms to date...

We visited the restaurant for our first official Wedding Anniversary recently (we have been together 19 years... it’s a long story) We should have been in Taormina, Sicily, but because of personal circumstances, we had to sadly cancel our holiday. Despite not being where we should have been, thanks to the Crab and Lobster team, we managed to have a fabulous meal and make another special memory. We could not have celebrated our day in a better restaurant....

A very special thank you to John, Matthew, Franchesco, Jayne and all the team. Not to be forgotten.... a huge thanks to all the chefs/commis chefs and everyone behind the scenes, you are the ones that make us return time and time again... the team effort works... booked for my birthday November.... can’t wait... thank you all again...

Date of visit: September 2019