“Can't wait to go back for food”

Crab & Lobster Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Asenby
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We came for a family meal out, couldn't fault the staff, very attentive, helpful, went above and beyond for us and a few other staff that we encountered and they were all just as good, food was amazing the scallop starter was juicy, I'd eat that daily it that so yummy, the deserts there are the best I've had in a long time, I rate this top marks in all areas

1  Thank Chantelled1990
Write a reviewReviews (1,655)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Saturday night very busy but what a atmosphere great food great service by the gm may I add. Wine top up with no question asked. Made me and my wife feel like the royalth. First visit but will back for our anniversary in November

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Second visti we love it Beef nice and pink fish pie was nice and hot servos by stuart was nice an attentive jazz duo nice a quirky.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This isn’t the first time Iv been to the crab,but Iv let it go thinking the poor service was a one off but we went over the weekend for a family meal and the food was great, however the service was appalling again.The staff were very unfriendly and kept us waiting for a very long time to order our puddings. The lady taking our order was inpatient and not helpful at all. I think for the price of the food the service needs to be spot on and the waiters need to be charming and attend to your needs but unfortunately they do not do that here. The staff disappeared for around 30-45 minutes at around 3/3.30. We needed to change my niece so went to use the baby changing facilities and were told to refrain from using the room as they had a wedding reception coming later. My sister asked where was she meant to change her and he said to go to the ladies toilets-no changing facilities there! I will not be going back any time soon-a lot nicer country pubs/restaurants around that have excellent service.The food is lovely here but the service really does let it down! Also not great for elderly disabled-can’t fit wheelchair into the disabled toilet.

2  Thank JosieSi
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have visited this place a few times and it is always the same - the service is very very poor! I have always visited at lunch so cannot comment on the service at night but it is severely lacking and I will not visit again because of this.

The most recent visit went like this - bolshy server that every request seemed to be too much for her to deal with, told we could not use the children’s changing facilities after a certain time as they had a wedding (so had to use the woman’s toilets which would mean changing child on the floor). And the worst bit is at 3pm all staff seemed to clock off and we were left with no one looking after us - no pudding or coffee orders taken and no drinks etc. (As mentioned this was not because of the weddings s has happened the last 2 times)

It was an embarrassment for the family who had suggesting we go there for a family meal and as mentioned it is not the first time this has happened.

To recap - food ok (nothing particularly special), prices are high and the service is the worst I have received in a whole year. I will not return until they sort it out.

DO NOT GO IF YOU WANT A RELAXED AND PLEASURABLE DINING EXPERIENCE WITH ATTENTIVE AND KNOWLEDGABLE STAFF