“Genie out of the bottle”
Review of Crab & Lobster

Crab & Lobster
Reserve with OpenTable
Crab & Lobster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Asenby
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
“Genie out of the bottle”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

When coming to Tripadvisor I always try to take a balanced view. I read 10 reviews and then make a judgement based on those reviews. My 'system' rarely lets me down SO whilst the genie is out of the bottle as far as these open forums are concerned I really must take issue with zena z. A rambling and very personal review so I do hope that people coming to this site will read other opinions and then make a decision as to whether or not to visit. We visited again on Tuesday, sat in the bar and yet again, the best service, the best food in the area. Bar none! Oh! and what a pity that zenz z didn't operate spellcheck.

• Visited November 2012

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“POOR FOOD RUDE SUNDAY MANAGER”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

went to crab and lobster on sunday food was shocking staff were rude and did not listen to what you asked them food came out wrong ,,,, told waiter to leave oysters in shell and only open they came to the table looked like they had been eaten already i asked him to take them away then he brought them back to the table and said there is nothing wrong with them i told him to take them away he then returned and said i have given you some new ones i saw he had put 4 new ones on my plate and tryed to palm the others off on me i was descusted i told him to take them away and forget my main course i then asked for the manager ...... well the manager then came out and was so rude it was unbelivable i said to him we come here twice a week spending a large amount of money he would not have it he stated you need to ask if you want them serving different ,,, i stated i did and asked him to bring the order tab which he said he could not find the bloke is a total joke the staff were rubbish and our whole evening was spoilt we ended up walking out and leaving my telephone number but sure that has been lost to .it is such a shame when people have lost interest in there job and make customers stay bad my favourate resterount has turned into my worst i will not go back unless some rings me and i get a full appology from the manager. the manarger is called mark spenloy or somthing like that a bad man that does not care if he drags the resterount into the gutter ,,,, get him sacked and bring back the great staff you normall have ......

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank zena z
UK
“Lunch or Dinner always top quality”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is my 4th trip to the Crab and Lobster so thought it was about time to write a review. Previously I have only been for dinner in both the bar and restaurant and although yes its not cheap, however the quality of the food, atmosphere and service to me means it is worth every penny.

On this occasion I went for lunch and had the 2 courses for £16.50 offer, which I have to say was great value and of the usual high standard. This is a place that keeps you coming and coming back for me. If you want a nice meal or a treat the Crab and Lobster should be on your list.

• Visited October 2012
Wakefield
“Expensive but nice”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We ate here yesterday for lunch and while the food was nice it was most definitely over-priced. I had the fish curry priced at £20 - there was plenty to eat but the sauce was quite bland with absolutely no heat. The scallop starter was nice but again, overpriced. We did have a good time but I wouldn't go again in a hurry simply because I felt 'ripped off'

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Just fabulous”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I used to go regularly to the Crab and Lobster for dinner but hadn't been for years, so decided to revisit. I was not disappointed. The place itself is just as lovely and quirky as it was, the staff were charming and attentive without being overbearing. The food was out of this world, just as I remember it. I don't know why I stopped going, but I will certainly not let it be as long until I go again.ni cannot recommend it enough.

• Visited October 2012