“Excellent customer service”
Review of Crab Manor Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asenby
Crab Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Asenby
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I visit this hotel every year for our anniversary, staying in one of the rooms with private hot tub. It truly is a special place. When we visited in October 2013, our hot tub broke. We were given a discount off of the bill which we were happy with. Within a week of arriving home, we received a letter from the hotel apologising and they also gave us a voucher for a free overnight stay which is valid for a year! Excellent customer service that goes above and beyond. A stay here isn't complete without a meal in the crab and lobster restaurant. Breakfast is included and there is plenty of choice.

Room Tip: Pay a little bit more and choose a room with a private hot tub
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed in the villa serbelloni room and the overall standard was very impressive- even down to the complimentary snacks! The decor is so beautifully hand painted and we loved the huge bathroom. Very elegantly done and the location being away from the main buildings suited us and meant we had a very peaceful nights sleep.
The private hot tub was a very relaxing way to finish a lovely night away.
We had dinner and breakfast in the crab and lobster restaurant- a very interesting and quirky place! Food was okay and the staff were attentive yet not imposing.
It certainly wasn't a cheap stay, but worth the money for a special occasion and we will definitely return to explore a different room!

Room Tip: Push the boat out and go for one with a private hot tub! Villa serbelloni and bellagio were quite of...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
redcar
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went to stay as a special gift from my children for my 50th birthday. I had been before and raved about it and so was expecting a very special time. First impressions were favourable, the room was lovely. We went for our evening meal and it was so disappointing. I ordered prawn cocktail, it was ok nothing special, the prawn toast was just so greasy it was dreadful. The main course was duck with stir fry veg, my first mouthful was so salty it made me physically sick and I had to spit it out, very very embarrassing in a restaurant, the duck was ok but the garnish and vegetables were inedible. I had no option but to complain. It was taken away, the waiter returned and told me that both he and the chef had tasted it and agreed it was very salty. Giving the excuse that they had changed their soy sauce so that was why it was salty. I was amazed as for a restaurant with a high reputation I would expect the chef tastes the food before sending it out. I was asked if I wanted to choose something else, but my husband had his meal, I didn't want to wait too long and also had felt sick so requested something light, was offered fish cakes, they came with some chips, were ok but not outstanding. My husband had the fish platter, it again could only be described as ok, disappointing. We went back to our room, later we couldn't sleep as the room was too hot and we couldn't alter the temperature. We couldn't open window or door as we couldn't switch the hot tub off, we were unable to get in touch with reception as nobody answered the phone. Next morning we did not receive the early call we had been offered and requested, as a consequence we missed breakfast also. When we went to settle the bill, the receptionist did apologise and didn't charge for breakfast. We had been charged for my fish cakes which my husband refused to pay for. We outlined our complaints and the receptionist did agree that we had been let down by two departments. She said that we would probably receive a follow up phone call. After a couple of weeks we hadn't received any communication. I sent in an email complaint. The response was wholly shockingly inadequate, considering that it cost £250 for the experience of a very poor meal, disturbed sleep and no breakfast. My children had saved hard to give me an extra special treat and this hotel and restaurant ruined my gift. I got a very brief email apology from the managing director, which basically thanked me for my feedback and my comments would be taken on board. Certainly not enough to win me back as a customer and prevent me telling as many people I can about my terrible experience.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank carolyn-green
Newcastle
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was our second visit to Crab Manor, this time on a special boxing day rate.
We selected the Burj Al Arab room and we weren't disappointed. We were greeted by friendly and professional reception staff and a helpful porter who showed us to our room and explained the hotel facilities to us.
Despite it being a cold and drab December day, we opted to spend some time in the sauna and hot tub, which was a great way to start our stay.
The room was beautiful, the bed comfortable and we took the opportunity to try our the roll top bath before canapés and drinks in the main lounge.
This is a beautiful hotel, filled with curious, historical objects from around the world, which add to the charming character of the place.

Whilst the rooms are expensive, especially the outdoor suites, this is a lovely venue for a special occasion.
We hope to be able to come back soon.

Room Tip: The outdoor suites have their own hot tubs and some have saunas too.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay...such a treat...we loved everything about it...
...the outdoor hot tub...communal but we had it to ourselves
...the secret beer tap...free and you can have as much as you want if you find it
...our room...loved the Cipriani Palace Theme...all rooms themed on famous hotels from around the world, we liked this one as in the main house, actually one of the cheapest. Some of the more expensive ones are in separate buildings...you might prefer this but we enjoyed being in the main house.
...quirky decor...loved the monster at the top of the stairs...
...canopies in the lounge before dinner
...nice grounds for a stroll
...an amazing dinner at the Crab & Lobster restaurant next door...just amazing, one of our best ever...see separate review
...great breakfast...lots of interesting choices, kedgeree etc as well as Full Yorkshire...Tony had steak, eggs and hash browns
...informal feeling to it yet very special
...great service but very relaxed...we felt very comfortable and at home
...molton brown toiletries
Not cheap but really worth it for a real treat...we came for 1 night and it was such a lovely stay.

A few things would have made it even better but not making a big deal out of these...
...room too hot...we had the window open while at dinner and over night and still woke up in the middle of the night hot
...canapes were complimentary pre dinner in the lounge...a free drink per guest in addition would have been a nice touch
...TV in our room didn't work, didn't let them know as just wanted to relax and sure they would have sorted it but would have been good if it had worked in the first place
...Just a hand held shower over the bath...bath lovely but a proper shower would have been good too

Room Tip: Some of the cheaper rooms are the ones in the main house...we preferred to be in the main house rath...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Took my partner for a birthday treat and stayed over in the main house. The room was lovely and well appointed in a morrocan style, the only down side being you have to share the hot tub unlike the villas which have their own. Free beers on tap in the hallway behind a hidden panel were very welcome.

Food in the restaurant both for dinner and breakfast was exceptional - some of the best I have ever had and that's saying something.

Will go again, probably to a Villa and just wince when its time to pay !!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
accrington
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i decided to stay on xmas eve as a treat to ourselves. We chose the bora bora room and were seriously excited to have a private hot tub!
We arrived 40 mins early expecting to wait but the room was ready so we were shown to our beautiful room and were not dissapointed-it is stunning. They really have thought of everything and even left a christmas stocking filled with edible goodies.

the hot tub is a real draw and even though the weather was not great we still spent all afternoon in there and all evening after our meal and its not at all overlooked so feels very private. I would definitely recomend to anyone wanting a luxurious night away. I cant wait to go back and try a different part of the world.

• Stayed December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Asenby
Rudding Park Hotel
#2 of 5 in Ripon
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,232 reviews
Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa
The Grand Hotel & Spa

Been to Crab Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!