“Indulgent, wonderful and hugely romantic”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Crab Manor Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asenby
Crab Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Asenby
Northumberland
“Indulgent, wonderful and hugely romantic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed here for our second wedding anniversary and I can't recommend it enough. We stayed in the Mount Nelson room as we had visited Cape Town on our honeymoon, so it was perfect. It is in the main house and has use of the communal hot tub as opposed to having it's own. But actually we didn't mind that and we still got the hot tub all to ourselves. The room was beautiful, I didn't want to leave. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the bathroom was stunning with a roll top bath. They really have thought of everything here, from a secret beer tap, to stunning grounds and free canapes before dinner. The staff were lovely and it really was the perfect place to spend our anniversary. We ate in the Crab and Lobster restaurant, which again was wonderful, delicious food and great service. The breakfast the following morning was also delicious.
This is obvioulsy not the cheapest of places but I think for a special occasion or for a bit of indulgence it's worth every penny.
I have got my passport now so we will be coming back to try out some of the other rooms!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Co,Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

Stayed for dinner bed and breakfast from walking through the door just total perfection. Room was full of character and charm and 5* staff very friendly food was just perfect live jazz played in the restaurant just so unique walked round grounds wow ,Loads of nice perks sauna and hot tub. We recived a passport and each time we stay in a differnt bedroom we get a stamp for rewards so my goal is to stay in every room so hubby will have to save up thanks for a super fab experience

Room Tip: If you stay in any of the rooms you will be very happy .And the food is excellent 5* service
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
East Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

This trip was a complete surprise for my forthcoming birthday with my parents & husband & what a gorgeous surprise!
Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by the staff, who kindly showed us to our rooms, which were simply stunning. My parents opted for Sharrow Bay, which was decorated in a country style with a little seating area, whilst we went for the trendier Cipriani Suite. Both rooms were spotless, as were the bathrooms.
Had I been aware of where we were going, I would have taken a swimming costume, as all rooms have access to the hot tubs just outside the main building.
The grounds surrounding the hotel are gorgeous - the perfect backdrop for wedding photographs I expect! Parking was at the front of the hotel, and quite tight when we arrived, although we did manage to squeeze in - perhaps I would suggest arriving early-ish to stay there & ensure a parking space, however I don't expect it would be a problem to park in the restaurant carpark (Crab & Lobster) which is only a minute's walk away.
My parents have been on several occasions & I can see why they keep returning - we can't wait for another excuse to treat ourselves!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

This is a long overdue review - we were married at Crab Manor in Sept 10, and all I can say was the day was just perfect! The location and hotel is so special and the food for 50 guests was faultless (everyone was raving about it - even the bacon butties in the evening).
The staff made our day so special and it certainly was a day to remember!
The night before the wedding we had 8 rooms booked for our family and the hotel offered us a private dining room (upstairs in the crab & lobster) which was just lovely to all be together away from other guests. Relaxing in the hot tubs on Saturday was a great way to chill out before the wedding too!
We had booked all 14 rooms for the night of the wedding - our honeymoon suite was Bora Bora, and was just so special. All the rooms are quirky and have a lot of attention to detail. Our wedding photos are amazing - the gardens and hotel offer some fantastic photo shots..
We are now looking going back this September for our first wedding anniversary - just can't wait!
Thank you all the staff for a truly unique wedding - especially to Damien, who did a fantastic job of planning our day.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank thesnowmen
Sowerby Bridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

This hotel is the best for value and service I have been to. Returning nearly every year for our anniversary it again did not disappoint. Food at the Crab and Lobster is to die for and we had a fabulous time as always. It was wonderful to see Damien again (wedding coordinator for our wedding in 2007). Thank you.

Northumberland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

My wife read an article on the hotel some months ago and we thought it worth a visit and to it's restaurant. Her birthday gave us the incentive and we booked for the end of June.
We stayed in the Ritz room which was not over large but it made up for that in comfort and style.For the more mature among us the stand alone victorian bath, while decorative,was difficult to clamber out of without the help of a hand rail or the likes but then we only bathe once a day! All in all very enjoyable with some quirky adornments throughout including it's own Yeti on the landing!

England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

I surprised my boyfriend and took him here for his 21st birthday. We stayed in the Bora Bora room and all I can say is that it was absolutely spectacular!!
Although a little bit pricey, I loved the extra touches. My boyfriend loved the hidden beer tap! The private hot tub was beautiful and the room looked brand new. Well kept and the grounds are stunning, well worth a walk around.
We were just next to the restaurant and the food in there was beautiful too.
All in all, a lovely place to stay for a special occasion. I would definitely return here and try another room. Bora Bora was absolutely amazing, but I think it's going to have to be a log cabin next time!
The car park is a little small. However, there is a carpark on the restaurant for use of hotel guests I believe.
Beautiful place, faultless! The receptionist was also lovely and polite, such a pleasure to stay!

1 Thank SophieTravels91
Also consider these accommodations in or near Asenby
Rudding Park Hotel
#2 of 5 in Ripon
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,210 reviews
Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa
The Grand Hotel & Spa

Been to Crab Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!