“Best base for the Southern and Western Yorshire Dales”
Review of The Game Cock Inn

The Game Cock Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Austwick
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Welcome to The Game Cock Inn a Traditional Yorkshire Dales pub, restaurant and B&B with a cosy bar, real fire, award winning restaurant, delicious food with a French twist and comfortable, quality accommodation.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

A very warm welcome by friendly people. Bed comfy. Food just brilliant and great value for money. Monsieur Le Chef provided some delicious and inspiring culinary creations. The menu is very imaginative; steaks, rabbit, lamb, fish, sauces and perfect vegetables too. See the picture of the pud I had. If you take the full breakfast well what can I say ? 1. you will not be running up those hills and scars and 2. you will not need anything until your evening meal. Would I go back - Oh Yes, very much yes and hopefully before too long.

1  Thank Paul B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,118)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Without notice a group of us descended on this pub on a dry November afternoon after a days hiking, and the young lady behind the bar (sorry I didnt get her name) wasnt phased by the instant increase in custom or our varied orders / requirements.
If we would have had time we would also spent longer having a meal from here (which judging by the value for money portions, I would recommend ). Hence the title of my review :-)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Cosy and warm to return to after a days walk in stunning scenery. Very comfortable room and great full english breakfast with a French twist, loved it ! Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Me and my girlfriend decided to celebrate my 30th at the Game Cock Inn in September 2012. Im not going to go on and on, but the place is great. A fantastic selection of real ales and decent largers too. Beautiful wines and the food was out of this world. A great selection of French and English dishes. The staff were very friendly and you got what you paid for. The only thing i can say is that the decor in the rooms was a bit shabby, but you get what you pay for and please please don't let this put you off. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I were staying at the B&B next door, Wood View, so decided to come here for a drink on our first night as it was local.

Staff are lovely and we got a cute little table next to an open fire - very cosy!

On our second day, we'd just finished the Yorkshire Three Peaks, so were starving! I ordered the soup of the day, which was a lovely, flavoursome creamy tomato soup, with crusty bread. My boyfriend ordered Steak and Guinness pie which tasted delicious. I honestly could not fault the food - scrummy!

They also have a very cute black and white pub cat who will happily sit next to you, or on your lap if you invite her to - so cute.

Food stops at 9pm, so make sure you don't arrive too late.