The Traddock
Orcaber Farm Caravan & Camping Park(Austwick)(Great Value!)
$31
Pitchup.com
Austwick Hall(Austwick)
$167
TripAdvisor
Game Cock Inn(Austwick)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshomemade biscuitslovely hotelmolton brown toiletriesyorkshire dalesdog friendly hotelbefore dinnerwine listvenisoncountry house hotelbirthday treatsmall villagedining roomspublic roomslog fireboth nightsmini suitebottled water
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here for one night in July, on way from Scotland to Manchester.
A lovely peaceful location with good food. Situated in small village, but within easy reach of local attractions. Nothing too much trouble for friendly staff. My wife and I booked the room at the front, with free standing roll topped bath ---- bliss!!

Room Tip: Rooms at front have lovely country views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel on our way back home from Scotland. Fed up with the usual chains I Googled independent hotels in Yorkshire and this popped up. I read the reviews and quickly booked.
Upon arrival I was very impressed with the external look and the location - was so peaceful. We entered the building through a very welcoming room and made our way to the reception and was warmly greeted by a man I believe to be one of the owners. He was friendly, helpful and made you feel at ease and at home very quickly. He offered a tour of the rooms or to take us to our rooms, we choose the room option and he insisted on taking my bags - touches that make all the difference to us.
As we walked to our room I was very impressed by the decor and is just how I want my hotel in the country to look. Then we got to our room - oh my - I loved every last detail from the Molten Brown 'full' size smellies (impressive in itself) to the decor, bedding, furniture and the sash windows looking out on to the garden - gorgeous! I cannot fault our room - didn't want to leave! We wandered out our of room round the various rooms you could relax in, all differently furnished and lovely and with only 12 bedrooms rooms you weren't tripping over other people! The garden was beautiful too and very relaxing to sit in. We booked a restaurant table that evening and again faultless, the meal was amazing and the service outstanding - this is a bench mark that all hotels should achieve. Breakfast the next day again was the best I have ever had - and we both checked out feeling like we had been spoilt and very relaxed. I cannot rate this hotel highly and cannot wait to go back. Thank you The Traddock ( especially the chef and the gentleman on the front desk!) Please don't ever change a thing!

Room Tip: All good, doesn't matter!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mrsmac28
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Although we only stayed one night we felt as though we had been on holiday for a week.. The hotel was so relaxing and the service was superb. Lovely evening meal and breakfast too. The gardens are also very nice.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We returned to The Traddock in August 2013 to escape the children for the night! The service was fantastic, the staff were all very friendly and happy to help, show you around etc!
We stayed in room 1, a Junior Suite, for the first time. It has recently been refurbished, with a new bathroom suite. It is luxurious, his and her sinks, roll-top bath and a large 'wet-room' shower. With the complimentary Molton Brown goodies, it's definitely worth taking the time to relax in the bath (which I did- twice!).
The food in the restaurant was second to none. And the wine was lovely. The breakfast was wonderful, fresh, organic food, locally sourced.
There is only one thing I would like to see in this room and that is net curtains. It is very overlooked and when you are relaxing, or getting changed, you have to put the thick blinds down and turn the light on!
We are already planning a return visit next year, and even considering celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary there (in 3 years time!)
It truly is a beautiful hotel in a wonderful setting, we love it and wont share our secret find with any friends (only the whole trip advisor community!)

Room Tip: Room 7 is the way to go!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cookiemonsta
Reviewed August 20, 2013

my partner and I were due a break and picked The Traddock. I travel extensively for work and stay in a lot of hotels but choosing the Traddock was an excellent choice.
The staff were extremely helpful and enthusiastic. Our room was spacious with a large comfortable bed and recently refurbished bathroom with a roll top free standing bath, walk in shower, his and hers sinks and bathrobes. Orders for dinner were taken in a comfortable lounge bar Dinner was easily 2 rosette standard served in an informal dining room complimented by an excellent selection of wine. Breakfast was one of the best I have had with home made preserves ( that we would have bought to take away if available ) the full English was freshly cooked with fresh ingredients and set me up for the day we look forward to returning

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul R, Owner at The Traddock, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear Paul,

Your idea about selling Rosie's homemade Jam's and Curd has set us thinking!

Thank you for you review, delighted to read you enjoyed your stay so much.

Kind Regards