The Traddock
  • Breakfast included
Austwick Hall(Austwick)
TripAdvisor
Pitchup.com
All reviewshomemade biscuitslovely hotelmolton brown toiletriesyorkshire dalesdog friendly hotelbefore dinnerwine listvenisoncountry house hotelbirthday treatsmall villagedining roomspublic roomslog fireboth nightsmini suitebottled water
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Cannot recommend highly enough; fabulous B&B, delicious food, organic wine, juices and local beers, great service and beautiful gardens. It was so nice we were hard pushed to leave and go explore the gorgeous surrounding countryside. Needless to say, we're already planning our next visit!

Room Tip: I'd recommend any of the rooms with a bathtub, however all of the rooms are individually furnished, with something unique to offer in each. Hope you enjoy as much as we did!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul R, Owner at The Traddock, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Delighted you enjoyed your stay!

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Husband had booked four nights for us as our 25th Wedding Anniversary holiday. We had an lovely room, dual aspect with views of the dales in two directions, a bath in the room and gold and white decor. Breakfasts are hearty and of very good quality. Good choice and cooked to order with fruit etc available prior to hot food. Lovely bar lounge area to relax on an evening and home made biscuits in the rooms every day. I had quite a few deep baths with Moulton's products after long walks. The bath is so wide and deep and I wanted to take it home with me. The only two changes I would make is a better restaurant menu. We did not eat there as the choice is restrictive and not to our taste and no specials to add variety. We ate at the Game Cock up the road. The second change I would make is a more personal touch. I felt nobody remembered we were there; as one evening one staff member asked if we were checking in and could we move our car. We pointed out we had been there all week. A small hotel should be able to remember names or faces.

Room Tip: The Gold room with bath in room is a lovely room. There is one we heard was very small.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul R, Owner at The Traddock, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Many thanks for your nice review of The Traddock, we are very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us so much.

I was the gentleman who approached you in the car park. I was checking the front garden and as your car pulled up thought I'd go and say hello and help you with you bags if you where checking in. Now I'm very sorry I did not recognise you but as you had not eaten with us on any of the evenings I'd not had (nor had my team) any opportunity to get know you.

In your review you mentioned that we don't offer specials, which I'm afraid is not correct. We do Starter, Main and Dessert specials that change every day on top of the A la Carte menu you probably saw. I'm sorry you did not take the chance to try our excellent food, we would have happily tried to provide something more to your taste or preference as we do with a large number of our guests.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Traddock where I hope you give us the chance to impress you with our restaurant offering.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My partner and I booked the Traddock for an overnight stay on our drive back from Scotland. It's a stunning place, in a picturesque Yorkshire village. The staff were really friendly and polite. Our room was on the top floor of the hotel and was spacious, with a comfortable bed and good sized TV. The extras in the room were fab - such as the Molton Brown toiletries and the homemade shortbread biscuits. As we were tired we decided to dine in The Traddock's restaurant. I had lamb with butter beans and chorizo, and my partner had steak. The food is all locally sourced and was delicious. The dining room was full of evening diners - always a good sign! There's also a fabulous wine list of New World wines. Overall, a great place to stay. I only wish we'd had a few more days in Yorkshire to enjoy the place! Would definitely book again. My only quibble was that I left my iPhone charger in the room and when they phoned to say they'd found it and would post it, they said they'd charge my credit card for the postage, which seemed a tad mean given how much we'd spent!! Apart from that, loved it!

1  Thank ScotsMel
Paul R, Owner at The Traddock, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Scotsmel,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

I'm sorry to read about your issue with us returning your left phone charger. It was myself who spoke to you on the phone. I'd ask if you'd mind contributing to the cost of postage and you'd seemed to happily agree. In the end as the cost was relatively small you where never charged.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Traddock in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at the Traddock. It is a lovely combination of comfort, friendliness and efficiency combined with good food and a relaxed atmosphere. As a vegetarian, menus often treat ve getarians as an inconvenient afterthought. Not in this case though...the food was excellent. The room was lovely and we wil certainly go thereagain.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were given a warm welcome on arrival and all the staff with whom we had contact were friendly and helpful. The Traddock is a very traditional country hotel - lots of small public rooms, mismatched patterned carpets, traditional bedroom furniture and so on. The atmosphere is very peaceful and surprisingly relaxing.

The restaurant is rated with two A A rosettes and overall the quality of cooking is competent (but again traditional). There is a good, sensibly priced wine list including a reasonable range of wines by the glass.

This is not a hotel that is going to have you going 'wow' but you will leave having been well cared for at a price that is value for money for the quality of hotelkeeping you will experience.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple