“Excellent value wholesome meals”
Review of Marquis of Granby

Marquis of Granby
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sleaford
Marquis of Granby
Ranked #3 of 13 Sleaford B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Fantastic value for money and very generous portions. Came recommended while trawling facebook, and have to agree with how good the food is.

We have tried most places to eat out in Sleaford now and this has to be near the top of our favourites list for good honest home cooked food.

We'll definitely recommend the Marquis Of Granby.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank William G

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed overnight Nov 26th 2013 for family get together and my sisters 70th birthday party/ sunday lunch. stayed in the stable room it was very clean and comfortable, breakfast was ok, poached eggs were over cooked but otherwise quite good. sunday lunch was not carvery but pre-ordered prior to the party of about 40 people. service was slow from the two young waitresses but they did try their best and kept smilling, , food was fairly good but not exceptional. The bars were very noisy - tv on loud and drinkers having to shout over it. would I stay again ? yes.

Room Tip: room in the stables
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have eaten here twice now and both times the meal was perfect. The 12oz rib eye was cooked exactly to our liking at a very reasonable price. We rang up last minute on Saturday night and even though the restaurant was fully booked, Alex the chef, said if we're happy to eat in the snug in the bar he'd feed us.I had the steak & ribs -, £8.50! and my husband had the rib eye with peppercorn sauce again, both meals were fantastic. The service of the staff was friendly and very quick. We've already decided to book a table with friends next month for my birthday as I know we will not be disappointed eating here and it doesn't break the bank. Definitely one of the best places to eat in Sleaford.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GSXR1100
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Sheffield & were very pleased with our choice.
The owners & staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms well decorated & clean.
Couldn't ask for better food or ales.
We will return for a longer stay....Hopefully very soon.
In the meantime I will teach my husband how to park!!!
Many thanks.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karen r
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We made a last minute decision to visit The Stables Restaurant at the Marquis & what a great decision it was. My husband ordered t bone steak which came out perfectly cooked to his taste. I ordered steak & half a rack of ribs for an amazing £8.50. I'm personally quite fussy about my steak & never normally order it when out for a meal as I never want to spend £20 on a meal that isn't perfectly cooked to my taste. As the price wasn't an issue I went ahead and ordered. My steak was perfectly cooked, was a great cut, no gristle & not fatty. Ribs were delicious too. Chips were great too. We didn't have to wait long for our meals, out in no time, even though there was a large party. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Living locally, I had heard good reports of Stables (behind Marquis of Granby, on Northgate), so decided to book a meal for the two of us and give it a go. We often have a pub or restaurant treat, but have to drive out of Sleaford. So.... it was a pleasure to get a Saturday night table reservation and walk from home of a warm summers evening. The restaurant was not full, and I can only assume this is due to it being either fairly new, or struggling to get known, because the food was great. It is a predominantly steak restaurant, that does vegetarian options and lite bites during the day, with a more traditional pub fayre. I like my steak medium, but my wife is not keen, and often nervous of choosing steak, However she went for 8oz well done + chicken, me 8oz medium + scampi. Both meals arrived together and were 'cooked as ordered' - we both enjoyed our steaks and extras (chips salad chicken/scampi). We took a light pudding after, with a coffee (only regular coffee) and mints with the very reasonable bill. The two young ladies looked after us well and the chef/s (two or chef and assistant?) popped out to ask if we'd enjoyed the food. I think that as this venue becomes better known and assuming the food, service and value remain as good, it will become a 'need to book' restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Bar meal of a busy Friday night having been tempted in by the selection of steaks on the chalkboard outside.
We were not disappointed. The range of size of steaks was great as most restaurants offer only up to 8oz.
Rump steak was superb - requested rare & it was perfect, cannot believe it was only £8.50 (8oz rump + scampi).
We had almost given up ordering steak in restaurants because it frequently disappoints but this was the best by far. We will definitely be regulars here now.
Great atmosphere and friendly staff were very helpful even though they were rushed off their feet because the place was packed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobLincoln
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sleaford
Travelodge Sleaford Hotel
Mareham House Bed & Breakfast
The Houblon Inn
The Houblon Inn
#1 of 1 in Oasby

Been to Marquis of Granby? Share your experiences!