“Birthday deal???”

Mia Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are situated on the heart of Sleaford Town centre right in the markert place, we have parking available which is free after 6pm
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Booked for a birthday meal, only to find out that it has to be on the day ie sunday. O.K. moved it over to sunday from saturday only to then be told that the restaurant closes at 9:00pm on sunday even though it states until 10:00pm on the menu and the takeaway menu. The overall impression was that the staff just wanted to get home as soon as possible. The thing that really pissed me off is the fact it says one thing on the menus and another when you ask about the birthday meal. I think that it underhanded at best when you are drawn in with an offer and they change the terms on the spot. Needless to say we won't be going back again. Building not really fit for purpose as it was the local courthouse. A bit like a school canteen for ambience.

1  Thank allan m

Reviewed March 6, 2013

been three times now, always got order wrong, food cold and staff not that great. You are crammed in like sardines too, not nice, wont be returning sadly

1  Thank Nikitynoobiloo
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Went on a Monday night to celebrate a friend's birthday who lives locally (we came for a few days from Gloucestershire). What fab food, service was spot on, great friendly waiter - made us order in Italian - good fun - must have made ourselves understood as we got what we expected!!
We thought the prices were competitive and the price of the house red was acceptable - must have been as we had two bottles! Thoroughly recommend and we look forward to visiting again when in the area. A final comment, but very important, my husband visited the "Gents" and he said they were best he had Ever Visited in a restaurant - I always think the condition of a restaurant's toilets reflects the care of the kitchen as well!
"BEN COTTO IL MIA"

1  Thank Angela G
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Dined here with 3 friends recently. It was a very quiet night with only a few other diners. I ordered the pork medallions which I was very dissappinted with. They were incredibly thin slivers of meat and quite grissly. My food also seemed to be swimming in olive oil which completely ruined the meal for me. There was very little in the way of an atmosphere, the staff keeping very much to themselves. It would have been nice to have had a little more interaction with them, for this reason we were quite mean with the tip we left. It is unlikely we will be returning in the future I am sorry to say.

1  Thank RnBHarrison
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I dined here on a Saturday lunchtime and really enjoyed the food and very good service from the young waiter. The restaurant was not busy so did lack a bit of atmosphere but it was a cold day in March so probably very different in the evenings. We chose from the lunchtime special menu so the price was very reasonable. I chose the pasta with tomatoes, aubergine, and courgettes which was very tasty and a generous portion. Just a little disappointment that the house red was Chilean and not Italian although for £3, very acceptable. We would certainly eat here again.

1  Thank BarbaraS321