“Wonderful honeymoon break”

The Finch Hatton Arms
Ranked #4 of 13 Sleaford B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Booked via laterooms and were given the excellent family room as a free upgrade as it was our honeymoon! We had stayed before and the second visit did not disappoint. Very laid back place but with real charm and fantastic attention to detail in the culinary department! The three course meal was outstanding with an excellent Merlot to accompany it. Nice touch that the Chef/owner offered his congratulations on our arrival and as mentioned gave us such a fantastic room as an upgrade, we particularly enjoyed the freestanding bath in what must be the biggest hotel bathroom in Lincolnshire!
We also felt breakfast was nicely done as the Chef came out to ask what we would like and cooked it to order, rather than the usual hotplate/self service type affair.
Cannot recommend the Finch Hatton highly enough, we will be back again very soon :-)

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 9, 2013

At last we got to the Finch, only 5 miles from our home and heard rave reviews from friends. They were right. 4 of us went Fri night (8/2/13), place was buzzing, good job we booked. Food, we were all delighted with all courses, presentation etc was super. Service excellent. Can fully recommend John deserves to do well he puts in a lot of effort and it works. Thanks for a supe evening to John and all his staff, from the Bradfords in Quarrington.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I discovered this hotel just over a year ago, it is now our favourite eating place we go at least once a week. The food is very good from its famous bangers and mash to mouth watering Game, Beef and Fish, meals all of high quality. The meats are sourced from a very high quality butchers locally, which is the building blocks of a good meal. The staff all make you very welcome and are very helpful. We had Christmas lunch there last year and it was a joy. We are booked in for this years Christmas lunch and new years eve as well. All in all we recommend this lovely hotel very much.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank raymond h
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and myself visited the Finch hatton Arms for lunch. There was a lovely fire in the bar area and the atmosphere was lovely. My husband had the local butchers sausage and mash, which was heavenly, and I had shoulder of lamb. The lamb was superb. It had been boned and the meat melted in your mouth. Lunches are from Wednesday-Friday from 12.00pm, and for myself and my husband there is nowhere better

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

The finch hatton hotel seems very mixed up, the standard of the food is outstanding. The bar and front of the hotel also look great, so why did I give an average ratin?
I think the small things let the finch hatton down, like.
Staff wearing hoodies to serve breakfast
Light bulbs not working in the room
Dirt on most surfaces and light shades
Noisey pluming
Blocked shower head
Unmotivated staff ( apart from one young lad who served in the evening) he is wasted there, he would make a great mate a dee?

I think that with a little bit of attention to detail the finch hatton will be outstanding.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Worldwidetravelr
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had a lovely two-course dinner at much reduced prices by going early evening. No starter was offered, but a main course plus dessert were quite sufficient, given the portion size of the mains. The quality & style of the food was far better than a typical hotel restaurant at these prices.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed at the Finch Hatton for a night recently whilst in the area doing touristy things. Arrived around 4ish on a wet Saturday and headed straight for the bar where we were checked in straightaway and shown to our room: and what a room it was, quite enormous and beautifully furnished with a just as enormous en suite with massive bath and shower. Possibly the nicest room I've stayed in anywhere, nice enough to be a bridal suite! Noticed there were no tea bags or milk with the tray set, obviously an oversight. Downstairs in the historic building are 2 bars and a separate restaurant, which is where we had our dinner. The food was very nice indeed: I had the Cheese Souffle with Smoked Salmon, Pork Loin, and Creme Brule, all of which was well cooked and chosen off a huge menu with something to suit most tastes. Personally I found the portion sizes a little on the large side but my better half did not so perhaps it's a girl thing. After an excellent nights sleep, breakfast was a hearty plateful of all the usual stuff. We paid a very reasonable rate for our night compared rates in Lincoln which I found too high, I was delighted to have found this place: still not sure if it's a pub, restaurant with rooms or hotel, but frankly who cares.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thehippohaslanded
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sleaford
Travelodge Sleaford Hotel
Ramada Resort Grantham
Woodland Waters
Woodland Waters
#1 of 1 in Ancaster

Been to The Finch Hatton Arms? Share your experiences!