“Over night stay”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Scunthorpe
Doncaster
“Over night stay”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Not impressed with this hotel. Bedding had mold spots on them radiator not working small heater in the room which warmed the room up. Bathroom well what can I say about the toilet Hubby had to fix the toilet every time we had to flush it lucky for us it was only one night.
Staff was lovely breakfast was good enough for me as I only have cereals and toast, Hubby's cooked breakfast was very nice.
This place lets the staff down

Room Tip: find a different place
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Jacquiwoodward,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, we are soory to hear of the issues you received whilst visiting and have asked our management team to investigate.

Good Night Inns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Food is usual pub chain fare but reasonably nice, prices are very reasonable. Service is a little slow but friendly Worth a visit if you like cheap food and drink

When football is on TV can be busy. If you don't want to watch the football don't come here

• Stayed November 2012
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Riachsion,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, your feedback will be used to help improve the service at the Royal Hotel.

John Barras
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Dreadful service, no, make that no service at all.
Arriving in the snow, I was advised by the very same person who'd I'd made the booking with, they didn't have my room available.
Reasonable explanation or help to address the issue, had to be firmly insisted upon.
They could have done the honest and decent thing to prove some level of customer service, but would rather be ignorant.
By all accounts I had a lucky escape, the very decent local cab drivers were more than honest and helpful. Decent place for a drink but, awful accomodation by all acconts.
Best avoid.

Room Tip: Bring a cardboard box.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank M60LAN
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear M60LAN,

Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear of the issues you received whilst trying to book in, we have asked our management team to investigate your feedback to understand why this happened.

Good Night Inns

Travelers are raving about these Scunthorpe hotels

Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I liked the hotel location and the free wi fi. Room was clean although the toilet wasn't as clean as it could of been!
They do a very good pint of Becks vier!
On the downside, after a 4 hour drive to the hotel, I was told to wait in reception when I wanted to check in, I waited for 10 minutes before someone eventually came out to me.
They had not opened the e-mail from my boss with payment details etc so i had to phone him and it took another 10 minutes to actually get my room key.
When I went down for dinner, my starter was out quickly but it was not hot. My main was okay but then I waited 25 minutes for my pudding (the waiter said the food alarm had been put on silent??)
There was no breakfast menu so I asked what I could have, I was told "you can have a full English" "erm okay then I'll have that"
It was swimming with grease. There really was no need to make it that greasy.
What has struck me with the staff is that 1. They are obviously understaffed and 2. The staff that they currently have really don't are about customer care.
As it stands now, the hotel isn't worth more than £35 b&b a night. My boss paid £54 a night. Expand the workforce, re-train or as a last resort replace staff and you will have an hotel with potential.
As it stands now, I won't be returning or recommending to any one.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Craig R
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Craig R,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, we ar sorry to hear of the experience you received whilst visiting the Royal Hotel, we have asked our management team to investigate the issues you have raised.

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I really enjoyed my one night at this hotel. All the staff were very happy to help. I had to go into the bar to check in as the reception was not manned but someone checked me in straight away. I asked for a an ironing board and I got it very although it was very old and shabby. The staff were also really knowledgeable about the local area. I was provided directions to the place I was going and also advice on how to avoid the traffic which was nice. I had my evening meal at the bar and it was really tasty and good value for money, I would definitely recommend eating at the Royal. The breakfast the next morning was excellent and I left feeling stuffed. I also thought the room was well maintained and very clean. The staff obviously work very hard. The only negative was the building was in need of some maintenance work as the roof was leaking in several areas and there were pans in the corridor to collect water, they really need to get the roof fixed.

Room Tip: I stayed in a king size bed which was really comfortable. The room was of an adequate size and the b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sassy4885
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Sassy4885,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is well located for the town centre The rooms are dated but functional, however they seem to be neglected in cleaning and maintenance.
On arrival I to had to go to the bar to check in, given a key to the room and the front door, as there is no night porter luckily as suggested by a member of staff I checked the key for the front door which did not work but was quickly changed.
The bathroom grout needs a good clean, the shower curtain rail was held together with tape, the headboard was wonky and an electrical heater in the room only had one leg( which was probably a hazard). The light in the room did not work on Sunday morning but I could n't be bothered to contact reception and they came on later.
During the 2 days there was a couple if buckets in the corridor due to a leak in the ceiling, the reception was never staffed but the bar is close by.
On check out nobody was around so I have not received a bill or credit card receipt.

• Stayed November 2012
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear GMG68,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, your feedback has been duly noted and passed to our management team to support improving the standards at the Royal.

Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Sc*nthorpe isn't packed with great hotels. The Royal's staff are friendly and make you feel welcome. Rooms are clean and have decent modern decor with free wifi (coverage is patchy) and LCD TV's. The bar has some decent enough beer and satellite TV. Food is of the mass produced variety - I've only eaten here once- but the "Mexican" burger, despite sounding like a disaster, was actually pretty good. Parking is tight. Book in advance, hotels in Scunny can get pretty booked up ( Lord only knows why!)

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank northodog
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear northodog, thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the team made you feel well looked after. Your comments have been duly noted and will be passed to the Hotel Management Team.

Good Night Inns
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scunthorpe
Wortley House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Goole
Larchwood Hotel
Larchwood Hotel
#4 of 12 in Scunthorpe

Been to The Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!