$69
Kirks Korner Motel(Scunthorpe)
$41
$85
$37
The Lindsey B & B(Scunthorpe)
$51
$56
PremierInn.com
Budleigh House(Susworth)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssunday roastmaking us feelyorkshire puddingcomfy bedtown centrewould stay againfull englishsainsburysfootball
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Sc*nthorpe isn't packed with great hotels. The Royal's staff are friendly and make you feel welcome. Rooms are clean and have decent modern decor with free wifi (coverage is patchy) and LCD TV's. The bar has some decent enough beer and satellite TV. Food is of the mass produced variety - I've only eaten here once- but the "Mexican" burger, despite sounding like a disaster, was actually pretty good. Parking is tight. Book in advance, hotels in Scunny can get pretty booked up ( Lord only knows why!)

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank northodog
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear northodog, thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the team made you feel well looked after. Your comments have been duly noted and will be passed to the Hotel Management Team.

Many Thanks

Good Night Inns

Reviewed May 6, 2012

As the football season has ended so will my reasons to visit the Royal ...until next season that is. I have had another 8 visits since my last review so has anything much changed. I have to say I am still extremely impressed with the place. It gives me great value, a good location and great service. The updates to the rooms were needed and have improved the experience. In the 8 visits I have had 4 different rooms - all of which have been clean, warm, and welcoming. The rooms are well serviced daily - it is certainly a 3 star hotel that gives great value, which is why I have rated it as very good. It is not a 4 star luxury hotel - I don't expect it to be. I have had several friends who have stayed in the hotel this season - all of whom have had a really great stay and have indeed returned (despite the football!) . I do sometimes have to wait to check in - but a walk into the bar and alert the staff usually brings a prompt response, as the fronk desk is not staffed 24-7. I am mostly here at weekends and the music can be loud in certain rooms until 11.30 on a saturday - it would be intrusive for some I have to say, I tend not to be in bed until then - but if your a light sleeper and want an early saturday night would ask about a suitable room not over the bar. Whilst I am not a breakfast eater several of my friends are - There is a serve yourself cereal / Juice / Coffee ... option plus a full cooked option which goes down well with those who like a "Full English" I have to say that I prefer the Royal to the other options in Town in terms of value, Location and service having tried most of them over the years; The Royal has served us very well this season. I wish I could say the same about S.U.F.C.!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Martin D
Reviewed March 5, 2012

After looking at the reviews i thought i would try this "hotel" if you want to call it that out, when i arrived here there were no staff about which was quite worrying after there were people details on the reception area, after finding a staff member to check me in who was rude and told me to wait until she had served some one at the bar, after waiting 15 minutes listening to her life story, after finally getting check in, i was hoping for a nice relaxing night to find in my room bath water still in no clean bedding and dirty towels on the floor ( surely this couldn't be right) after then revisiting the reception and telling the lady about the room, i got a rude comment back saying " well we tell the housekeeper what rooms to do so its not my fault" im no genius on customer service but this was a complete joke, to then be told i would have to wait for my room to be serviced because they had no more rooms to put me in!! after a 5 hour drive this is not what i wanted, so i decided to go look for another hotel.
would not recommend this hotel to any one more like a pub with rooms, over priced for what it is!!!

3  Thank 405ceh
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I have stayed at the Royal before and was not to impressed but after hearing they had managed to get Scott formally of the white swan at scotter i knew things would be better and i was not dissapointed good on you Scott hope you finally get your own place you deserve it.

3  Thank bazzbazoo
Reviewed February 11, 2012

The Royal Hotel is one of the Goodnight Inn properties. It is on the Doncaster Road, in the centre of town. Parking can be a bit tight, but early arrival will make sure you get parked on site. The building is very nice, inside and out. I stayed in room 18 on the 7th February 2012, one of the coldest nights so far in the year, with temperatures falling to -12, my room was really warm. En suite facilities very good, tea and coffee facilities very good, and a medium sized good quality flat screen TV. Restaurant and bar area were both very nice, a huge menu to choose from, and a good selection of beers and wines. I chose the surf and turf, it was really very good, so good I took a photo ! Breakfast was also very good, I will certainly be returning to stay here. The Wi-Fi was supplied free and this worked in the room as well as the bar area. I have nothing bad to report at all, I paid only £59 for bed and breakfast, which was very good value for money.

Highly recommended. I will return and stay here for sure.

Richard Kaminski.