“Great restaurant”

San Pietro Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 171 Restaurants in Scunthorpe
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Modern and innovative cooking reflecting the tastes of the Mediterranean in sophisticated surroundings.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Had end of term lunch at San Pietro. Food was amazing. Fantastic relaxing atmosphere. Excellent staff. Also managed to get a peek at one of the rooms in the newly opened hotel attached to the restaurant. Would recommend a visit. Do some really good value menus at lunch and dinner.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

More than food which was delicious btw, I loved the way the staff behaved. Every issue handled in a very professional manner, especially when it came to advice on the right wine, thank you, it's not always the case in other places!

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend arranged a meal here as a surprise for my birthday, which is very close to valentines day so we rarely go to a restaurant as it's usually so difficult to get a table, and I can safely say it's the best place in Scunthorpe. The staff are so attentive and knowledgeable, and we were thoroughly looked after from start to finish. I even had a sparkler in my dessert!
Would definitely recommend San Pietro, and I'll definitely be coming back!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was on a corporate trip to the Immingham area. My hosts had sounded out their colleagues as to the best place for dinner and they recommended the 50-mile round journey to Scunthorpe. We were not disappointed although the restaurant is in a scenically challenged part of town close the vast Tata steelworks. The tables are well spaced, the décor light but I found the staring cows around the walls painted by some random modern artist less than attractive. The menu is slightly complex with table d'hote, a la carte and gastronomic tasting fare all presented. Nevertheless my starter of carbonara style tagliatelle with cream and bacon was delicious and sensibly portioned and the scallops (£5 extra) also looked and tasted very good according to a dining companion. The black leg chicken breast with chicken and bacon boudin etc was definitely OTT in terms of presentation and mix. Simpler is often better? One of the highlights was the Broglia "La Meirana Gave 2013". The cortese grapes offering a light but flavourful white wine with our starters. Yes, it was a most pleasant evening - perhaps the Maitre D' was a little overpowering but he meant to be helpful. Recommended as I am sure this part of Humberside/Lincs needs restaurants that attempt to provide great food.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have been to this place of fine cuisine many of times, and would not hesitate to return.
Time and time again, the staff and food is excellent constantly setting the standard for amazing service and food.