“Great value great service great atmosphere excellent food”

Normanby Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 12 Scunthorpe B&B and Inns
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great value great service great atmosphere excellent food”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I had a one night stay on business, my room was warm, comfortable and well kept. Jo was efficient and welcoming without being intrusive, just what I like I will definitely stay there again.
Bob Bridge

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night on 10/12/13 as we was in the area for a works Christmas party. On arrival we was welcomed by Jo the manageress and Lloyd the lovely dog we was promptly shown to our room. The room was lovely and clean with a modern feel to it. A decent size tv occupied the wall at the bottom of the bed which itself was very comfortable. Tea and coffee making facilities were also a welcomed featured. In the morning we went to the dining room for breakfast. There was plenty to choose from and nothing was too much trouble. We opted for the full English breakfast which was cooked perfectly. The bonus for us was that we got to play ball with Lloyd and the only downside being we didn't get to take him home with us. This is a lovely, friendly place to stay and should we need to stay in this area again there will only be one place that will be and that's The Normanby Guesthouse.

• Stayed December 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here last week whilst on business and was very impressed. I was welcomed so warmly, the room was fine and everywhere was immaculate! Jo is a wonderful host, nothing is too much trouble and her love for her work is evident in everything. Her team are great too and the only small problem I had was the Wifi in my room at the top of the house was a bit shaky and dropped out from time to time. The breakfast has to be experienced to be believed - wonderful fresh local produce and sets you up so well for the day. I would happily stay here again and again and heartily recommend it to anyone and everyone! Thank you for such a great stay.

Room Tip: I had a twin en suite which was great, from the reviews on here I don't think you can go wrong...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CurrymonstersTbone
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was our second visit, and once again it was everything you could wish for in a B and B. Jo is a perfect host that clearly takes pride in what she does and it shows. The rooms are beautifully maintained and clean, the breakfast choices will suit anyone and you feel relaxed and at ease the moment you arrive. Very reasonably priced and great quality makes this, without doubt an excellent choice for a B and B

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Martin D
South East Qld
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel would have to be our favorite so far in our trip around England: so much so that we are detouring back to stay again before we leave. Hostess Jo could not be more welcoming, and her smaller black shadow is equally delightful ( particularly if one has any interest in ball-throwing). The room and bathroom were immaculate, the breakfast substantial, and the olde-world dining room charming. Jo loves her work, and it shows: she really goes the extra mile to make her guests feel at home. We are so glad we chose to stay at the Normanby Hotel and are looking forward to our return:)

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Christyloz
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We spent two nights at the Normanby Guest House last weekend . We received a warm welcome from owner Jo, who was a friendly and superb hostess.
The family en-suite room was spacious and comfortable with a large bathroom , tv and tea/ coffee facilities.
Shower was hot and towels fresh and numerous.

Breakfast - superb - served in a charming dining room , with an additional lounge area with comfortable leather sofas ideal for perusing the newspaper over a coffee.

To be highly recommended.
Phil and Jane Barton ; Orrmskirk, Lancashire

Room Tip: just phone hotel for options;- owner very helpful
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank barton655
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Unfortunately my review with the company I booked through has not materialised but I could not let my experience of this excellent B and B go without formal comment. I had a 60th party in the area so needed a room for the night. The Normanby came up during my search with a quote that, to be honest, was very cheap. As I needed somewhere to sleep, leave my bags and have a breakfast, good standard was not essential so I assumed I would be occupying a very basic room.

Incredibly this was not the case with décor and standards throughout immaculate and very clean. This was not a negative for me but some may prefer not to share shower and loo as I was in a non en suite room. Again the bathroom seemed very modern and clean with no issues at all from me about sharing.

I was worried that I may not arrive at my stated time but in the end didn’t do so bad. I was first greeted by a gentleman with 4 legs and floppy ears who I was told was Lloyd. His owner and manageress of the establishment, Jo swiftly followed and after exchanging pleasantries I was shown to my room, with Lloyd ensuring I had settled in before getting his tip of me playing ball with him.

If the rest of the house was immaculate the dining area took it to another level with excellent furnishings and cleanliness immediately visible. Jo again was on cook and waitress duty with nothing being too much trouble, although she was serving several guests at once.

I could find no fault at all but I suppose that given the comparatively low price of staying here many may feel there is a catch. Believe me; there isn’t, just quality living for a more than reasonable price.

My only negative was that I didn’t have enough room in my case to sneak Lloyd out with me to bring home.

Before leaving I had assured Jo I would do a review for her as she certainly warranted it but, as I had said earlier, the company I had booked through have been slow to produce my comments. Imagine my surprise therefore to receive a message from Jo apologising for the problems I had with my mattress and arranging for an immediate replacement. We had to laugh as I had no issues and had not produced a review at that time. It is a good complement therefore that she is responsive to the feelings of her guests and takes immediate action in case of problems.

I was pleased to hear that Jo intends to be around for a long time to come so I will shortly be booking for the 70th birthday party in 10 years time,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MrOre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scunthorpe
Premier Inn Scunthorpe Hotel
Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
San Pietro Hotel
San Pietro Hotel
#2 of 12 in Scunthorpe

Been to Normanby Guesthouse? Share your experiences!