“You won't leave hungry.”
Review of The Granary

The Granary
Ranked #3 of 3 Long Sutton B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We found the Granary whilst staying at the Travelodge. We enjoyed our evening meal experience. My partner ordered the mixed grill, and it was excellent. You would have to be a dedicated eater to finish it all. There were at least nine items on the plate, and each piece of meat was a whole piece, so a whole piece of steak, chicken, pork, liver etc, plus a fried egg and a sausage. I had a curry, and it was very tasty. I was very happy that the staff were able to understand and cater for my gluten intolerance. In fact, some staff suffer the same way, so I knew I could trust them, and it was fine. There was a band later on in the evening. It was fun, although the music was not particularly to our taste, and it lead to a nice buzzing atmosphere in the bar. Altogether a very positive and enjoyable evening. Can't comment on staying over, because we only visited for a meal.

Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Sheena M
There are newer reviews for The Granary

Reviewed May 13, 2013

If any one grumbles about The Granary, I cannot for one reason see why, the staff are excellent the rooms are clean, the food is superb value for money, I have never had portions so sufficient, I stayed a Monday and Tuesday which were steak night and carvery the carvery is in my opinion one of the best ive ever had, brilliant keep up the good work.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank billy5965
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had Sunday lunch here some months ago. My father-in-law had booked a table but I was a little apprehensive as I am a Coeliac and have to keep to a gluten free diet. However, I had a very good carvery meal. The restaurant was very busy but the staff still made the time to be extremely helpful and made it clear that they were aware of what a gluten free diet involves. I had my own small jug of gravy as I had brought my own gravy powder with me to which the chef added boiling water, and I didn't have a Yorkshire pudding, but I was able to eat the rest of the meal. The food was very tasty. I chose the turkey but my husband had a mixture of beef, pork and turkey. I had a glass of white wine with my meal and that arrived nicely chilled. We will be visiting again soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2012

after a long drive i found the granary hotel and to be honest i wish i would have drove past ! after being served by a very rude member of staff, i was shown to my room round the corner and to say my shed was cleaner then the room, but i thought i would make the best of it, so after finding my way back to the pub i spoke to the same member off staff about a evening meal, well to be honest it was the worst dried dull food i have ever had tasted i left most of it and spoke to the member of staff and his reply was he would tell the chef but there was nothing he could do. so i had to go to the local takeaway wich was beautiful ( mabie they should get the chef from there to show them what to do) then about a hour later some very noisy at plain awful band started and what i can discribe as a cat being stepped on.
do not go to this pub you have been warned !!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank david t
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed at The Granary for one night as I have relatives in the area that I visited.
The room was very clean even though it was very small. The breakfast was tasty and plenty of it.
The only real downside is if you stay on a weekend they have live music in the pub which you can hear very clearly from the hotel rooms. Also, the traffic on the main road can also be heard very clearly so not good if you are a light sleeper.
It's a good place for the odd night but I wouldn't stay for more than that.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Granary, Long Sutton is a great place to eat. Tuesdays and Thursdays they do a carvery for £5.95. Plenty of meat and all the vegetables you can eat! Superb quality and very friendly environment. Have not stayed in the hotel, but I'm sure the standard is high.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris K
Reviewed December 10, 2012

lovely service. I had the steak which was cooked to the right specification. I did feel the sauce was abit over priced for what it is.... I had the peppercorn and it was too creamy for me in which the taste of the pepper did not come through. Chips were lovely but a lot given..... I did feel bad for wasting lots! really filling! it's was nice for what is a pub, the service has improved compared to my last visit. Nice for a quick lunch or for a few drinks!

• Stayed: December 2012
#2 of 3 in Long Sutton
The Anchor Inn
The Anchor Inn
#1 of 5 in Sutton Bridge

Been to The Granary? Share your experiences!