“Brilliant food at low prices” 5 of 5 bubbles

Agra Tandoori
Ranked #21 of 37 Restaurants in Horncastle
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Horncastle, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food at low prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a very intimate little Indian restaurant in the Market Place. The menu is quite extensive and the food is excellent value for money. The take away service is very good too - quick and free if you live in town. The waiters are very friendly and eager to please. Can't fault it!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Jayne S

Horncastle, United Kingdom
“Good Indian Food in Horncastle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We have been using the Agra for many years as a restaurant and a take away. We have always found the waiters attentive & polite, the food consistently good and the ambience pleasant and relaxing. The price is very reasonable as well. My only request would be a few 'dishes of the day' to vary the menu? A definite must for lovers of Indian food for visitors and locals alike!

Woodhall Spa, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is ok..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

The food is ok but I am not so happy with service........ The food we always have is better in comparison with Agra... But I will not complain about the food...... place is very congested which is bit annoying ....... Over all experience wasn't good enough....

1 Thank Katie B
“Excellent food.......rushed service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I use the Agra quite a lot for both dine in and take-away! I normally have no problems or grumbles, however, on this occasion I feel the whole evening was let down by the un professional and rushed service. It was a first meal out together with a friend and we both agreed to go the Agra because we both love the place. When we arrived we asked for a table for 2 and were promptly shown to our table, however it wasn't set for service and there were plenty around that were set and clearly not in use! Our drinks order was taken swiftly and was soon followed by the waiter asking for our food order (we hadn't even looked at the menu at this point) at that point that waiter said "I shall come back then shall I?"
We did eventually order and when the food arrived it was hot and very tasty. We were enjoying each others company and talking a lot that it was taking us some time to eat, which I felt a sense of disapproval from the staff, we were the last ones in the restaurant but it was by no means late.
It didn't ruin our evening, but when your trying to make a good first impression the venue does help.
I would go back, but I just hope the service is better next time!

• 2 of 5 bubbles