“Always great service”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Lincolnshire, UK
“Always great service”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We've been to Wania a few times - spotted its 'drink promotion' one day - Stella and Stella Cidre at £2 a pint - brilliant! The food is generally fine, although the last couple of times we've been its actually seemed even better. I had a curry which didn't contain much meat the last time but they knocked a bit off our bill and were so apologetic.
We went again tonight and enjoyed the Chicken Tikka and Chaat for starters (the Chaat is lovely), and two lovely mains.
Its really light and open, clean, and you are made to feel welcome.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank KittyandWol

Market Rasen, United Kingdom
“Disaster!!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

As per the previous couple of reviews, my husband and I went on 15th July to celebrate their 1st Anniversary with a pre-paid discount voucher. We had booked our table, as required. On arrival there were a few empty tables but we were told it would be at least 10 mins. So we waited and I ordered some drinks. The waiter got an order for 2 drink wrong 3 times!!! We eventually got a table after finally getting the right drinks and having watched other parties of 2 and larger coming in and be seated immediately. We then waited 10 mins for plates to be provided for the buffet. There were no starters and the rest of the food looked awful. I asked for a refund and we walked out. I cannot possible comment on what the food tasted like as I did not stay long enough to eat, although in the time it took to get to the food, we could have had 2 courses in a nice restaurant!!!
I guess you get what you pay for when you go for bottom of the pile, my mistake but I won't make it again.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“I have never seen anything like this before,..”
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

I have been to Wania on its 1st year celebration with my daughters. It has been an wonderful feelings. Kids had complementary Heena tattoo, bangles. They ware traditional Indian dress and all these for free. Then we joined the lunch. Loved all the food. A lots of item for a non buffet restaurant. Very busy restaurant. Me & my daughters had great time. Looking forward for their next year celebrations.

All the best Wania.

3 Thank Rebbeca T
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Restaurant packed staff could not cope”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We went to Wanni on the 15th food was cold plates cold asked for a glass of white wine they had run out ended up with 2 glasses of water we saw people come in and leave they did not stay for food.

1 Thank Marleen937
Spilsby
“needs to improve to retain custom”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

A group of six went on Sunday, 15th to celebrate their 1st anniversary using discount vouchers. The place was packed with similar people who wanted to celebrate the anniversary too. The restaurant tried a buffet style meal but there was no starters, the main courses were cold, very limited in choice and very ordinary. They admitted that they are not geared up for a buffet and normally would cook directly off the menu. They were overwhelmed with the people who took up the offer but most people leaving clearly had not an enjoyable experience.

The drinks were amongst the cheapest I have ever seen in a restaurant but we had to wait 30 minutes for these to be served.

We will not be returning.

1 Thank stoneybroke22