The Beeches Hotel
$78
$75
$70
Hotels.com
The Yarborough Hotel(Grimsby)(Great Value!)
$43
  • Restaurant
$64
PremierInn.com
$89
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdeluxe roomfull english breakfasthotel is lovelyno fusscooked to perfectionfor sunday lunchvisit familystayed for one nightcouldn't do enoughbeachestinacleethorpesvenue
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Went to the Beeches with a friend for Sunday lunch.There was plenty of choice and the courses we chose were excellent.The staff were very obliging, if fact as my friend wanted a smoke after the meal, and the normal outside seating area was full by a party the waiter took two chairs and a table outside for us in a different area and served our coffee out there.I was most impressed by the service we got and would certainly visit there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Manager867, General Manager at The Beeches Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Beeches Hotel,
We are striving for excellence with our silver service waiters and waitresses, I'm sure the member of staff will be very pleased with another customer being happy with the service provided and we look forward to being of service to you again in the future. many thanks

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed at hotel whilst on business working in nearby Cleethorpes great value rooms clean staff very helpful will use again free wi-fi connected instantly which is a bonus for us....also plenty of free parking again a big plus also local taxi firms are superb arrive in minutes and reasonable rates for getting around...

Room Tip: I stayed in the ground floor rooms which are slightly newer verr comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tony S
Manager867, General Manager at The Beeches Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have recently stayed again at The Beeches, having stayed there last year with my family last April.

It is now under new management and has had a very modern, trendy, good makeover.

I found the guy on reception very matter-of-fact and not overly friendly or greeting us in a friendly manner. He also seemed quite frightening!!! He seemed not bothered really to be there? This was a shame as we found The Beeches very friendly last year when we stayed.

Funny enough, myself and my parents ended up practically in the same rooms as we stayed in last year, although we had a room between us last time. This time I noticed just how THIN the walls were!!! I could literally hear every single word my parents were saying in their room as well as the TV programmes they were watching; I could also hear pretty much every word of the people staying next to me in Room 12 with their baby - this is not good. I am not sure how this problem can be sorted but it could be a big embarrasing problem.

I found the rooms to be of very high standard with everything one needed; a plentiful supply of tea/coffee facilities; a good quality hairdryer; good clothes storage and an amazingly wonderful bathroom - very clean and modern - but the shower gel did smell a bit strange (dispenser on the wall).

Yes, as others have said, the breakfast is now self-service which has good and bad points, but mainly good. We found the breakfast good quality and plentiful supplies although we were left to get on with it with no member of staff around to explain that we needed to get our teas/coffees etc.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel as, for a 3*, it is excellent and good value for money

Room Tip: You should get an De-Luxe Room - very nice indeed
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank madmichyLondon
Manager867, General Manager at The Beeches Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for your recent re-review of The Beeches Hotel, the hotel as now been put under new management and we are in the process of eliminating any minor issues straight away, We can only apologise for the previous owners for the below standard service that you received from the receptionist. This we hope, will not happen in future and we hope that it will not deter you from visiting our hotel again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was travelling on business, this hotel was a great find and will use it again and recommend to others.

The staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. Room was small be clean, comfortable and had everything I needed. Nice big shower.

Free WiFi throughout hotel was a bonus.

Food was very good and the hotel easy to find with nice big car park.

Good hotel, nice staff, great breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Manager867, General Manager at The Beeches Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

We would like to thank you for your positive/negative comments and assure all our customers both new and old that our standards are now increasing to a higher level due to new management. We look forward to all feedback and we will address all comments be they of a positive or negative nature so that all our customers receive the very best service that we can possibly offer. Thank you

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have only stayed one night in this hotel, and I was impressed with the cleanliness. The bathroom was especially nice, not luxury, but very spacious and looked as if it had been done up recently. There are plenty of parking spaces which is useful. I would have preferred much better lined curtains to stop the light coming in, especially as at night there was a strong light projected on the wall next to my room's window.
I have to applaud the member of staff that was doing both bar, reception and breakfast duty. He was trying very hard and doing a good job.
If I will visit Grimsby again I wouldn't hesitate to stay at The Beeches again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business