“An enjoyable stay”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Grimsby
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“An enjoyable stay”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed here for two nights, Friday-Sunday and were very pleased.

The staff were very helpful and polite throughout the duration our stay, giving us local information and offering to order a taxi for us.

The rooms cannot be faulted, they were spacious and had everything we needed including a hair-dryer. We both had two very good nights sleep and heard virtually no noise from other guests. Another positive was that there was plenty of parking spaces and we could see the car from our window.

The hotel is situated near a very busy road and appears to be only accessible by car. As such you would have to drive or get a taxi to get into Grimsby town centre or to any bars. However, it is only a short 10 minute drive to Cleethorpes.

We really enjoyed our visit and would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
England
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

As with all Premier Inns it was clean and comfortable. The staff were very good, friendly and helpful. Just my usual Premier gripes, only 30 minutes of "free" wi-fi, which takes about 20 minutes to log-in and log-out, and no telephone in the room.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Stafford, England
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Was staying in this hotel for a friends wedding. The staff were really helpful considering I'm travelling as a single parent with a 7 month old baby. They helped me to my room with the pushchair & luggage as there was no lift in the hotel, & when they saw me arriving back to the hotel after festivities with my baby asleep they opened all the doors for me. They always had a smile & cheerful persona when greeting us in reception. Breakfast was the same in the pub next door. They got me food & things I needed for baby like hot water & highchair. Very helpful staff all round :) Only down side for me was a very hard mattress.

Keighley, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2014

good value. clean room. Excellent breakfast. I will certainly be staying at a
premiere Inn again in the future. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.
It was good that we could book for all the family to stay in the same place.

1 Thank Lesley C
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Friendly welcome on arrival, room clean & comfortable. Didn't eat there on this occasion but have previously. WiFi available. Large car park so no problems parking. Would stay here again while visiting family.

N. Wales
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Lovely to be back again. 100% as always.We were late checking in but we had a very warm welcome as always. Room excellent. Stayed before but had a disabled room. Had our grandson with us so had to have a family room.Bed was so comfortable. Lovely and warm. Lovely fluffy towels, great after a bath or shower. Food was 100%. They were very busy but as always 100% breakfast was spot on. Would highly recommend and we will be back again later in the year.

Skipton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here over the Easter bank holiday, special price of £29 for a family room. On arrival my son was presented with a good bag with treats and puzzles etc. The website stated that the inn was placed next to a busy road and to expect road noise. I brought earplugs and thought it helpful they actually pointed this out so I could be prepared, although if I was staying for a longer time it could have put me off. However, I didnt experience any road noise at all and the earplugs were redundant! We were in a ground floor room, I dont know if other rooms experienced more noise.

The Hotel was clean and well maintained as was our room. My little boy found a biscuit under the double bed right in the centre, but I cant really complain about it, everywhere else was spotless. We ate in the brewyers fayre next door for breakfast which was usually standard affair, although a little unorganised.

If I was to be picky, the amount of coffee and milk available in the room was short and having had a hot drink on the evening, i didnt have enough milk for one in the morning. However, Im sure if i had made a fuss I could have obtained some more milk. Also the room was very warm and the heating controls made no difference. I think there was a maintenance issue, which was looked into when we left. As the hotel is near the fish docks there was often a smell of fish guts when outside the hotel in the carpark. Overall very pleasant stay.

1 Thank Lindsay S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grimsby
Holiday Inn Express Grimsby
The St. James Hotel Grimsby
The Burlington Hotel
The Burlington Hotel
#1 of 8 in Cleethorpes

Been to Premier Inn Grimsby Hotel? Share your experiences!