“Lovely”

Ranked #36 of 198 Restaurants in Grimsby
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I went with a group of friends to a themed murder mystery night. The food was very good, the bar isn't too expensive and the place was very clean in a nice setting. Well worth the money & we would definitely go again.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went for the 'bogof' option which is clearly very popular. The fish and chips were voted a great success, the fish salad pronounced fresh and tasty and I had the scampi which was also tasty and plentiful, the accompanying peas and chips were okay. The staff are very pleasant and helpful especially Alissa.

There is a bit of a drawback in some lack of efficiency, for example I booked for 12 and added three more guests then I cancelled one of the 15 meals I'd pre-ordered so 14 people were booked and ordered for but when we arrived they claimed to only have meals for 10 people ordered. They soon rectified it with a good attitude but it's a little lackadaisical isn't it? Also I booked for a 4.30pm arrival with 5pm booked to eat, twice my son asked where the food was and it eventually arrived about 40 minutes late.

It is obviously a popular place with traditional pub-grub seeming to be the order of the day, the surroundings and staff were pleasant and the food good for what it was. Just a little more attention to detail would see it improve even more!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

A one night stay here for business, organised for me by my Travel Agent.
The hotel is easy to find and within easy walking distance of the centre of Grimsby.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful.
The room was OK and clean although verging on the shabby and dated. Good clean bathroom and reasonable shower and bath. The bed was great - nice and firm. WiFi access from the rooms was free but pretty slow.
The restaurant was very popular although I didn't eat there. The bar was lively in the evening with locals and guests which is a good sign I guess. A large leasure complex has been tacked on to the back of the hotel and includes two squash courts and a fitness suite whatever that is.
Breakfast was mediocre. No proper boiling water for tea - a pet hate - and only a few pieces of fruit if you like that sort of thing. The cooked breakfast looked reasonable although I didn't have that myself.
Would I stay again? Probably yes as it was very friendly and the rooms were clean.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Having had excellent experiences in this establishment in the past, we took friends with us but were very disappointed. There was a good selection of real ales and they were in good condition, for once. Service was a little slow but courteous and efficient. However, the fish salad, which used to be excellent value for money was very disappointing indeed. It should be renamed as fish, cheese and egg salad. As I am on a low fat diet, the chese was not appreciated. The portions of smoked salmon, prawns and tuna were small. Desserts were somewhat overpriced. If we go again, it will not be for the fish salad!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

A wedding breakfast of fish and chips! A brave but inspired choice,not easy to serve freshly cooked fish,chips and mushy peas to 60(ish) guests,and some patience was required. However the wait was so worth it,the best fish and chips I have ever had-quite an achievement cosidering I live on the coast.