“Good meal”

Ranked #23 of 206 Restaurants in Grimsby
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The meal was fresh, tasty and well presented. The service was good too. I had lamb shank and couldn't resist the sticky toffee pudding.

Humberab, Manager at The Brasserie at Humber Royal, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Customer,
Your feedback is so lovely to hear – thank you. I really appreciate you highlighting the classics that we have tried to shout about. Our food is cooked fresh to order and our chefs are very passionate about what food they prepare and how they present it. The sticky toffee puddings is a firm favourite and I agree it’s very difficult to resist! Thank you again for you positive comments, I will certainly endeavour to make sure all staff know how great the response is from our customers. We hope to see you again soon, many thanks.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Ate Sunday Lunch with 3 others. The Hotel is a 70's classic! from the outside and I was not expecting the modern, clean, classy decor inside. We were greeted on arrival and the staff throughout the meal were attentive, friendly and could not be faulted. There was already water on the table, a bread roll / butter and the napkins were cloth (not paper). The menu had enough options and could be used for a single main course or a mix and match of starter / main course, dessert / main course or all three for a set price. We ordered Roast Beef, Roast Lamb and Baked Haddock in a Lime & Dill Sauce. The variety of vegetables was excellent and we were informed if we did not like one of the veg we could omit / replace it with another. Simple things such as this make great service. Plenty of gravy was available. Veg on our plates - Peas with Leek & Bacon, Parsnips, Roast and Mashed Potatoes, Cauliflower Cheese and Mashed Swede. The portion sizes were very good and everyone enjoyed the meal. The plates also came out hot when served. We did not eat desserts or starters but observing others they looked very nice. They also offer a privilege card which promotes various offers each month. ie a free bottle of wine or dessert. The view is also great overlooking the golf course through floor to ceiling glass. My Wife had previously experienced slow service but there was no such thing this time. I will return. A single main course was £9.95 and well worth it.

Dear customer,
Our exterior is definitely a talking point and we appreciate we’re not the prettiest of buildings but as you have emphasised it is a ‘classic’. I like to say ‘do not judge a book by its cover’ as clearly the refurbishment shows how stunning the building is internally and what can be done with a classic. As a team we are hungry to please and with every element of service we try to make sure we meet the customer’s requirements. Our menu is flexible to suit the requirements of all our guests, offering excellent value for money. We have found our privilege card is a great way to give back to our loyal customers by rewarding those that support what we do at the brasserie. I trust you will take advantages of many of our monthly offers going forward.
Many thanks,
F & B Manager

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went on a Friday Lunch time, table booked for 4 people.
Good menu choice.
Food well presented by attentive staff.
Had fish and chips which were EXCELLENT.
Will return.
. Also bill very reasonable for both food and drink.

Humberab, Manager at The Brasserie at Humber Royal, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Customer,

We thank you for your comments and thrilled that you and your guests enjoyed the experience at the Brasserie. A team effort has gone into creating a menu that meets the needs of all customers that dine with us, so glad it has exceeded your expectations. We are very proud of our product at the Brasserie so please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Meal for two and the evening was spoilt by hair in the soup. We had a three course meal which was presented well and tasted very nice, but spoilt by THE HAIR. The waitress that served us could not say sorry enough. She promised to report it to the chef. Result NOTHING. We filled a questionaire out at the end of the evening, and the staff said " we would be contacted by customer servises Manager " . Result NOTHING no contact, no formal apology
This is a local hotel to us and since it has changed hands ( and upgraded to a 4 star it has been a disappointment)

Humberab, Manager at The Brasserie at Humber Royal, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Customer,

I was both saddened and disappointed that you felt your evening was spoilt by this isolated failing. I firstly would like to apologise as we try to provide a level of service and attention each individual customer deserves.

I have discussed your points further with my Head Chef and we believe the hair in question was part of the vegetables used to make the soup. I appreciate your concerns with regards to this and would like to assure you that our procedures for both preparation and handling guest feedback have been reviewed following your visit.

My supervisor who dealt with you personally assures me that she did all she could in this situation and thought you had left knowing your feedback was taken forward. I am sure you appreciate that the questionnaire is purely for feedback but do acknowledge this should have been dealt with sooner.

My general manager has also responded to you personally to apologise and hope you do accept my sincere apologies for our shortcomings as we would love to see you again at the Brasserie.

Many thanks,

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently stayed at The Humber Royal Hotel, as a solo traveller I normally find dining on my own really awkward but not on this occassion. When I checked In I was given the impression that nothing was too much trouble, asking to look at the menu and advised that as I said I was on a diet 'the chef would most definatley be able to take ingredients away from the meal or add if needed'. There was a buzz coming from the restaurant and as I popped my head in to see if it would put me off a lovely girl from behind the bar greeted me with a big smile and personality to match, this made me feel at ease straight away. I opted to have a drink at the bar, a wine was recommended and eventhough I hadnt made up my mind to eat in the brasserie the young lady read out the specials of the evening and I was soled. Grilled Plaice with veg instead of potatoes- perfect. Nice wine, great food, lovely staff and wonderful experience....... I'll be back!

Dear Customer,

I would like to thank you for your recent review; we understand customers dining alone can feel awkward at times so we try to encourage personality in our staff to make customers feel at ease and ‘home away from home’. We strive to meet the needs of all our customers and know how important it is to accommodate all dietary requirements and make our customers feel important.

Our chefs are always looking to be challenged with coming up with new ideas so I was really encouraged to hear that you had enjoyed your meal with us.

I have shared your kind comments with all concerned and confirm that they were well received by all. We are an establishment which takes pride in what we do and we are passionate about our product. Please continue to support us and we look forward to looking after you again soon.

Kind Regards,