“Great Food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Ship Inn

The Ship Inn
Ranked #2 of 189 Restaurants in Grimsby
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Armagh, United Kingdom
“Great Food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Visited your Restaurant on Sunday 8th september,I must say we had a lovely meal and when we come back to grimsby we will return to The Ship Inn.

Norma R, Owner at The Ship Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments.
You are a long way away but I hope if ever you are in this area again, we will have the pleasure of your company.

“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

The place was busy, but we managed to get a table.The food was good and there nothing to complain about. Staff were very friendly and attentive. Nice cosy pub for some decent food.

Visited March 2013
Norma R, Owner at The Ship Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments and hope to welcome you back soon.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Traditional Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

From the minute we arrived (late for our reservation!) we were warmly welcomed as though our lateness was not a problem on this very busy Sunday lunchtime. We both enjoy quality food and service and we were not disappointed with our visit to the Ship Inn. We sat in the sun in the courtyard whilst waiting for our table which we were told would be ready in 20 minutes - and it was. The service in the restaurant was excellent, the food looked delicious, well presented on warm plates and tasted fabulous. We live in Leeds now so this was a trek back in time for my partner and he and I thought it was worth the mileage. I would highly recommend the Ship Inn and we will be visiting there again very soon.

1 Thank Bev I
Norma R, Owner at The Ship Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your very kind comments.

I am so pleased that your journey was worth while and hope that we shall see you again soon.
cleethorpes
“Best overall meal experience in this area by far...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I have been regular visitors to The Ship Inn for the last few years, since relocating back to the area from London. We do a lot of traveling around the world and have eaten in some of the most fabulous places, so like to think of ourselves as "foodies" for want of a better word! The Ship Inn never fails to delight in, not only the quality of food, but also the quality of service and general ambiance. I am a fish lover and the fish is always fresh and cooked to perfection. My husband is a "carnivore" and absolutely loves the steaks served here - always cooked to a very high standard and always cooked to order. We generally eat from the specials board as the dishes are frequently changed, so we never become bored of the choices on offer. The starters are usually spectacular, not only in taste but also presentation and I'm frequently snapping away at the dishes we choose to show to friends!! The staff are very friendly and the service is excellent! Nothing is ever too much trouble, and our requests are always met, no matter how diverse they may be!!

I would not hesitate in recommending The Ship Inn - after trying various other pubs/restaurants in the area, I would not eat anywhere else.

Norma R, Owner at The Ship Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
What a delight to read such a lovely review!
It is so good to hear that our food has pleased you especially as you have obviously had great experience world wide.
Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again soon and hope you continue to enjoy our meals etc.
Lincolnshire
“Poor quality fish...........”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was a not a pleasure for me. The mature lady whom served us, was quite rude to say the least........ on not eating my fish she questioned as to why so being polite i said i do not eat much when really i should have said it was terrible unlike this lady whom then passed comment and said i can see you dont eat alot how humiliating i felt so embarrassed by this .......... she then came back to the table and said that the fish was not fresh and would not charge for it. To be honest it should not have been served in the first place, and this person needs to learn some manners when deling with customers, would not recommend and shall not return.

• Visited July 2013