“Just wonderful”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Just wonderful”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Just had a meal at the white hart , Monday can lack atmosphere as no one is about but the food and staff madeup for this ,we have had an excellent meal cooked to perfection with good attention from staff not many places in Grimsby where you can celebrate you anniversary on a Monday evening it was just excellent thank you !!

Grimsby, Lincolnshire, UK
“First time visit”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and i walked into Town on a cold Sunday afternoon to have Sunday Lunch. I had heard good things about the White Hart but only ventured inside once about 18 months ago when we were the only customers. On that occasion we decided to move on elsewhere.

The Sunday lunch was extremly good value and excellent quality. I had roastbeef and was pleasantly surprised at the amount of meat and the quality. My wife went for the roast pork and again was very impressed. I think it was priced at £6.50 each which we considered excellent value

Well worth another visit (soon)

• Visited February 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Excellent food & service in the 'hart' of town.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

As a local, we struggle to find quality food within town centre (mostly fast food places are around this area). But to our delight we tried this place as it had been recommended through word of mouth. The menu isn't extensive but there is something for everyone. It is clear to see they specialise in fish dishes which is pleasing to see in the heart of Grimsby. We all had something different and it was all delicious (especially the homestyle chips!).
There isn't a child's menu as such but they did make my daughter a small fish and chips which they said was a special but had no idea of this as I couldn't see it on the special board.
The service was brilliant too, all staff were friendly and efficient.
Give this place a go, it's worth it!

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Valentine Meal”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

How good is it in here now, always knew of it to have good food but Saturday night was something else. The service was brilliant and the New Manager Chris was the perfect host. I had the Fillet of Beef for a Main which I would recommend, it was perfectly cooked as I asked for it Rare, I then had their new dessert special which was 3 Pancakes filled with Movenpick Ice Cream, after 2 courses and then that, I was very full indead. Bottles of Wine start at £10 as well so I couldn't find fault at all. Will definatly visit again.

• Visited February 2013
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Spur of the moment Saturday lunch.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Dropped into town for a quick browse and popped to the White Hart for some lunch.

Wasn't busy, they had no trouble fitting us in. Got a drink and ordered our food, had to wait a little while considering it wasn't busy, however when it arrived it was excellent. We both had the haddock, chips and mushy peas, fantastic, recommend it.

Reasonable price, and friendly staff.

Will definitely return when we're next in town and need something tasty to eat at lunch time, or perhaps sample the evening menu.