“a very long wait!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The White Hart - CLOSED

The White Hart
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grimsby
“a very long wait!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have been to the White Hart several times in the evening. It has a lovely atmosphere & very good food. I recently went for Sunday Lunch for the first time. After we gave our order we actually waited an hour for our food. The food was very good but couldn't believe the wait. The waitresses were very nice & apologetic but I have never waited so long for meal to arrive.

• Visited January 2013

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Four of us visited on a special deal and we all thought it was excellent value and the food was very good. There was a slight problem with our booking but this was sorted out after a few minutes and this didn't detract from our overall enjoyment.

Visited January 2013
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Excellent Freshly Cooked Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I visited here for lunch on a Saturday recently, staff were very friendly and attentive.

I was very impressed with the quality of the food, I had Steak and Ale Pie which came with freshly cooked vegetables. Both Pie and Vegetables were very good, however this is not a place to visit in a rush, as all of the food is freshly cooked you do have to wait, however this is not a criticism as the quality of food served is excellent.

• Visited November 2012
United Kingdom
“Lovely service & meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is the second time we have dined here and have been very impressed on both visits!
The service from the young lady originally took our latest short notice reservation over the telephone & who served us throughout was excellent.

Upon arriving at the restauarnt we were greeted in a cheerful & polite manner. Whilst taking our initial drinks request we were given the option of sitting at our reserved table in the restauant or use of the lounge area. We opted for the lounge and the menus were given to us to choose from. Our order was taken and we were politely informed that we would be shown to our table around 10 minutes prior to serving.

All four of the various dishes we chose were excellent quality. My daughter had requested 2 starters as a combined main which was no problem what so ever. All the food had been freshly preapared and cooked to perfection. Although there was a minor ommission of the listed red cabbage on our chicken dish the quality of everything else that was served overode the need to really question this.
We also had 2 deserts which in my opinion were the best I have had in a restaurant anywhere!

We have no hesitation in recommding the White Hart & will be visiting again sooner rather than later!

• Visited January 2013
lincolnshire, uk
“Fantastic Sunday lunch - the best I have had in a restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went in October for my husbands birthday, and the food was lovely. We have just revisited for Sunday lunch and it was the best Sunday lunch I have had in a restaurant. The red cabbage has an amazing tang to it- everything was perfect. The gravy was superb, very tasty and not too thin. There was nothing frozen on this plate- (one if my pet hates is frozen Yorkshire puddings on a Sunday lunch). It is only 9.99 for two courses, amazing and very clean. My only complaint is that it always seems a bit cold in the dining area, but it is a very old building so it is to be expected I suppose .

1 Thank Annie C