“Acceptable, but thats about it.”

Stallingborough Grange Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Grimsby
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stallingborough Grange is a perfectly adequate hotel, but nothing more than that, really.
Room was clean, but facilities fairly basic. Not ideal for business use, as the desk was extremely small, chair not very comfortable and the WiFi (although free, which is great) was extremely slow, which made it difficult to work. Comfortable enough bed, and TV was OK. Bathroom adequate.
Breakfast in the morning was good. In short, I think for the money it was simply "OK", nothing particularly to complain about, but nothing particularly outstanding either.
If you're not on business, it would probably be fine. Although I am not sure why anyone would be in the Immingham area for pleasure !

1  Thank Simon M
philmark, General Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you Simon M for your recent review. I am very sorry to read you thought our hotel was only OK. We are a country hotel just on the edge of the Wolds offering all the facilities any run of the mill chain hotel offers except we offer a quality service with very very friendly staff and excellent food. Our rooms are all individual with proper wood furniture not melamine which you get in so many hotels now adays and are furnished to a high standard. So many people now are happy with the basic Travelodge standard which unfortunately is not what we are. We are a good quality country hotel and am sorry you did not like us.

There are newer reviews for Stallingborough Grange Hotel

Reviewed March 22, 2013

3 of us stayed here as our usual Hotel for the area was fully booked. I was a little disappointed with the experience, mainly the rooms. The staff were friendly enough, although some may have been a little inexperienced.

The restaurant and bar area were pleasant and welcoming, with a nice range of real ales available. The food was good, although the choice at breakfast was a little limited. The cooked breakfast was served at the table and looked like it had been freshly prepared to order.

The restaurant area was part of the old manor house etc, but the bedrooms etc were in the more modern extension.

My main niggles were with the bedroom. It was in the modern extension, but felt very dated rather than olde world charming. The were a number of design or layout glitches.
The TV was small and fixed to the wall in a corner so it was impossible to view easily from the desk or the bed. The desk/dressing table itself was small and was difficult to do work on, additionally there was no desk chair only a dressing table stool(There was a wing-backed chair in the room, but would not fit by the desk). The WIFI, although free did not work very well .
The bed was comfortable, but looked fairly old. The bed valance wad not properly fitted and the two halves of the bed were not joined and had a 3 inch gap between them.

The Rooms were clean, although dated and in need of a new coat of paint and refreshing. The bathroom was small, and they manged to place the towel rail in the one place where you could not reach it from the bath, The Shower(pumped) was quite noisy as was the extractor fan, I was concerned I was waking up my neighbors when I switched them on. The button on the toilet was broken and unpleasant to use.

I think that with a little more thought that this could be a nice Hotel. At the moment it is just ok, and not one I would choose over others in the area.

The car park is free. The location i think is good for local industrial estates etc. I was commuting to the Docks area in Grimsby and the trip was ok with only slight delays on the way back in the evening rush.

Tom Tom directs you to the wrong location by about 200 meters if you use the postcode or POI. However when you get close there are signposts so follow them instead.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was sorry to read that parts of your stay were not to a higher expectation, mainly the bedroom you stayed in. We are in the process of refurbishing some of our rooms and the one you stayed in clearly was one which requires upgrading. Our hotel is traditionally furnished and not a modern hotel however we do offer all the facilities of a modern hotel. Our food is all prepared on the premises and cooked to order and we offer a very high standard of cuisine. Our aim is to offer value for money along with a high standard of service. I do hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed at the Stallingborough Grange Hotel due to business in the area. This hotel was excellent value for money. Food in the restaurant was great, as was the breakfast. Staff very friendly and helpful. We were made to feel very welcome. We will definately stay again when working in this area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
philmark, Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I am pleased your enjoyed both our food and service and do hope you will find the time to visit us again in the near future.

Heather Dutton - General Manager

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here one evening on business.

I was really impressed with the warm welcome I received from a gentleman at reception and was quickly checked-in.

The room is of a good size, slightly dated but had a very comfortable and clean bed. That said, many fixtures in the room could have done with a good dust and the hospitality tray in the room was also dirty; I had to clean the mug myself before drinking out of it.

I had dinner and drinks in the bar which is a lovely cosy place to be, however I was confused by the service arrangements. Table service in the bar didn't seem to exist- or did it? I was welcomed to eat dinner in the bar area but every time I wanted to order something, I had to go up to the bar to do so.

The girls working in the bar were really friendly and helpful but slightly inexperienced, perhaps this may be why customers are confused about how they can order. That said, they really do deliver very friendly customer service so good on them.

The food was mediocre to be fair; wasn't anything special and my haddock was far too greasy and I'm convinced the fish wasn't fresh. The scallops were good.

The bar/restaurant prices are reasonable and I would stay here again. I also noticed that my shower hose was burst meaning it was leaking everywhere; I did report this to reception on my departure and hopefully they have fixed it.

Definitely a few issues that can be easily ironed out, however I would stay here again.

The first thing they REALLY need to sort out is the Wifi which didn't work the whole time I was there and other customers in the bar reported the same problem. Due to the remote location, it means there is only GPRS which is often very slow. This could be a problem for business travellers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
philmark, General Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your recent stay with us. Our aim is to provide a high standard of service with a personal touch. I feel on this occasion we did not come up to the level of service expected from us. All the issues I have looked into. We do offer a service for dining in the bar however as this is more casual then customers do generally order at the bar. Our restaurant is more formal service. Our battered haddock is one of our local dishes and we have daily deliveries of fresh fish from our local supplier Oscar Cleve. As it is deep fried then it can tend to be greasy although we do try to not let this happen. the issues concerning your room I have looked into and remedied. We do on occasions have wifi issues as we are at the very end of the exchange but generally we have good service and have very few complaints. I am pleased you had a friendly welcome and the service of our staff was high. This is one of our main aims to provide very friendly and welcoming staff. We do hope you will come back and visit us and perhaps try something a little different off our new menu.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Husbands birthday treat with 2 friends - we only had a meal and did not stay in the hotal, although the place looked very inviting! Great service by the bar and restuarant staff - we all enjoyed our meals, but unfortunately my husbands steak was a little "overdone" having ordered medium rare it was well done to say the least. Nice place to sit, chat and relax after your meal. Nice ambience and would definitely recommend and give it a visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maureen E

We were delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable meal in our restaurant for your husbands birthday. I am sorry your steak was not cooked to your liking. We do always check on our customers to ensure everything is ok and we do urge customers to let us know if there is anything wrong with there meal at the time so as we can put things right immediately. I do hope you will come and visit us again soon as we have a lovely new menu on.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We visited for the valentines night special meal and was very pleased with the service and the food was excellent, the fish was lovely and moist in the middle. All this at a very reasonable price.
Will certainly be visiting again.
Many thanks Ray and Jo

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johane P
philmark, Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you Ray and Jo for you very kind review of your visit to our restaurant to celebrate Valentines Day. We are so pleased you had a very enjoyable meal with us and we look forward to you visiting us again soon. Our new menu is availble from next week and Mothers day is just around the corner.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at The Stallingborough Grange Hotel for two nights and found everything to be fine.
The staff were welcoming and attentive . The rooms were a good size with modern furnishings and well cleaned. We ate in the hotel both nights and found a good choice on the menu. Meals were well presented and were very reasonably priced . The hotel has a lovely tranquil side garden, where we enjoyed sitting and having a quite drink after our meal. Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TonyLynn
philmark, Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us last year. We are pleased you had a very enjoyable stay with us and hope you will come and see us again very soon. We have new menus now available for you to sample. We look forward to welcoming you once again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grimsby
Healing Manor Hotel
#7 of 10 in Grimsby
Ashbourne Hotel
Ashbourne Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Killingholme

Been to Stallingborough Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!