“Excellent value for money”

Stallingborough Grange Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Grimsby
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed at the Stallingborough Grange Hotel due to business in the area. This hotel was excellent value for money. Food in the restaurant was great, as was the breakfast. Staff very friendly and helpful. We were made to feel very welcome. We will definately stay again when working in this area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
philmark, Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I am pleased your enjoyed both our food and service and do hope you will find the time to visit us again in the near future.

Heather Dutton - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Scotland
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here one evening on business.

I was really impressed with the warm welcome I received from a gentleman at reception and was quickly checked-in.

The room is of a good size, slightly dated but had a very comfortable and clean bed. That said, many fixtures in the room could have done with a good dust and the hospitality tray in the room was also dirty; I had to clean the mug myself before drinking out of it.

I had dinner and drinks in the bar which is a lovely cosy place to be, however I was confused by the service arrangements. Table service in the bar didn't seem to exist- or did it? I was welcomed to eat dinner in the bar area but every time I wanted to order something, I had to go up to the bar to do so.

The girls working in the bar were really friendly and helpful but slightly inexperienced, perhaps this may be why customers are confused about how they can order. That said, they really do deliver very friendly customer service so good on them.

The food was mediocre to be fair; wasn't anything special and my haddock was far too greasy and I'm convinced the fish wasn't fresh. The scallops were good.

The bar/restaurant prices are reasonable and I would stay here again. I also noticed that my shower hose was burst meaning it was leaking everywhere; I did report this to reception on my departure and hopefully they have fixed it.

Definitely a few issues that can be easily ironed out, however I would stay here again.

The first thing they REALLY need to sort out is the Wifi which didn't work the whole time I was there and other customers in the bar reported the same problem. Due to the remote location, it means there is only GPRS which is often very slow. This could be a problem for business travellers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
philmark, General Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your recent stay with us. Our aim is to provide a high standard of service with a personal touch. I feel on this occasion we did not come up to the level of service expected from us. All the issues I have looked into. We do offer a service for dining in the bar however as this is more casual then customers do generally order at the bar. Our restaurant is more formal service. Our battered haddock is one of our local dishes and we have daily deliveries of fresh fish from our local supplier Oscar Cleve. As it is deep fried then it can tend to be greasy although we do try to not let this happen. the issues concerning your room I have looked into and remedied. We do on occasions have wifi issues as we are at the very end of the exchange but generally we have good service and have very few complaints. I am pleased you had a friendly welcome and the service of our staff was high. This is one of our main aims to provide very friendly and welcoming staff. We do hope you will come back and visit us and perhaps try something a little different off our new menu.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Husbands birthday treat with 2 friends - we only had a meal and did not stay in the hotal, although the place looked very inviting! Great service by the bar and restuarant staff - we all enjoyed our meals, but unfortunately my husbands steak was a little "overdone" having ordered medium rare it was well done to say the least. Nice place to sit, chat and relax after your meal. Nice ambience and would definitely recommend and give it a visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maureen E
We were delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable meal in our restaurant for your husbands birthday. I am sorry your steak was not cooked to your liking. We do always check on our customers to ensure everything is ok and we do urge customers to let us know if there is anything wrong with there meal at the time so as we can put things right immediately. I do hope you will come and visit us again soon as we have a lovely new menu on.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We visited for the valentines night special meal and was very pleased with the service and the food was excellent, the fish was lovely and moist in the middle. All this at a very reasonable price.
Will certainly be visiting again.
Many thanks Ray and Jo

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Johane P
philmark, Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you Ray and Jo for you very kind review of your visit to our restaurant to celebrate Valentines Day. We are so pleased you had a very enjoyable meal with us and we look forward to you visiting us again soon. Our new menu is availble from next week and Mothers day is just around the corner.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at The Stallingborough Grange Hotel for two nights and found everything to be fine.
The staff were welcoming and attentive . The rooms were a good size with modern furnishings and well cleaned. We ate in the hotel both nights and found a good choice on the menu. Meals were well presented and were very reasonably priced . The hotel has a lovely tranquil side garden, where we enjoyed sitting and having a quite drink after our meal. Recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TonyLynn
philmark, Manager at Stallingborough Grange Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us last year. We are pleased you had a very enjoyable stay with us and hope you will come and see us again very soon. We have new menus now available for you to sample. We look forward to welcoming you once again.
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here with my partner in May 2012, after purchasing a deal on Groupon. Arrived early afternoon and found the service to be very friendly and efficient. We were shown to our room, which was lovely. We then spent a fantastic afternoon in the lovely garden in the sun! The three course meal we enjoyed in the evening was excellent quality and we rounded off the day with a drink in the cosy hotel bar! Breakfast the next morning was also excellent. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, we had a lovely time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased you had such a lovely stay with us last year. The gardens are very beautiful and relaxing to enjoy a summer evening drink. We hope you will come and visit us again in the very near future and we look forward to seeing you.
warwickshire
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Excellent rooms and food however the restaurent service was a little to be desired, we ordered a bottle of red with our meal and when taken through had to ask the waitress for the bottle, surely it should have been on the table waiting!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1 which was nice and comfy.