All reviewsstayed herelovely breakfastvisit cleethorpestop floorrooms were spotlesstea coffee making facilitiesfull english breakfastbreakfast roomnight staymin walkcomfy bedsea frontmintssuitehostsjoannaproprietor
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed here as I was performing at the local miniature railway for their 1940s weekend and have to say it was a lovely little place. Upon check in I was given a double room which was spacious and clean, although it wasn't ensuite the bathroom was just opposite and was very clean. Breakfast both days was great, and even though the lady owner was away due to illness the lady standing in was wonderful, kind and helpful.
Upon returning to the hotel later that day, there had been a bit of a mix up and I had to change in to a single room, which didn't cause me too much bother as the single room was lovely too and it was only for one more night. This did mean that I had to share the bathroom with other guests but it was ok as I knew them as I was working with them at the railway.
Breakfast on the second morning was just as good as the first.
The only thing I would say is to be very very careful where you park, as I received a car parking ticket from an over zealous attendant !! So beware !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed at the arlana for one night at the beginning of august. It was in an good location, literally five minutes walk from town. Upon arrival we were shown to a ground floor room next to the breakfast room which doubled up as the treatment room for spa treatments! The room was fairly small but tastefully decorated with a lovely ensuite bathroom. All the usual tv, tea and coffee making facilities included. The bed had a memory foam mattress which was very comfortable- breakfast was of a good quality.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Must say that I am very dissapointed, booked one of the so called luxury en suites, and when we checked in the bathroom was filthy, hair everywhere, waterstains and even an old razor in the bin plus the room looked like it hadnt been properly dusted. Secondly I threw out four spiders the first night and the next morning found three more, could be because the room we stayed in was a newbuilt room with a massive hole in the wall.
When the big light in the room broke down, I asked them to do something about it, but obviously that couldnt be done because it rained... We checked out a day early, mostly because of the spiders.

I am confident that the other rooms in Arlana Guest house have quite a different standard, so my advise would be that you request that they book you in one of the older rooms, if you like me dont like spiders, howling wind and big holes in the wall.

The only positive experiences I had with this B&B is with the owners, very friendly and the breakfast was alright.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 190479Molly
crystalfacialwaters, Owner at Arlana Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Wow! we are truly mortified to hear that our guests had such an unsatisfactory stay.
This really is not representative of feedback normally left by our guests.
Accordingly this poor review is taken very seriously by its owners, who are made grateful for this right of reply.
I: Cleaning staff are employed on a daily basis to ensure that a high standard is maintained. It is quite unacceptable if your room was not adequately prepared.Please be assured that we will get to the bottom of this matter and take the appropriate steps.
Ii: The newly constructed loft room as referred to,which boasts sea views of the Humber Estuary, and a new bathroom with a walk in shower room, has been well recieved but it has come with the obligatory teething problems. These problems, typically associated with new building works,are currently being resolved.
*There has been an issue with the centre fan light but hopefully the three other room lights will have allowed for adequate night vision.
*The 'massive'hole in the wall,to be fair, is actually a six by six inch access panell under the desk.
The cupboard behind it, as usually hidden by a laundry bin and is awaiting fitment of an access panel.
*We are grateful for having been made aware of the insect problem. We had no prior knowledge of this. Perhaps this is where our eight legged intruders found access. Either way, please equally be assured, that 'Boris' and co will be hisory after this!
Our guest experice and satisfaction is of paramount importance to us.In order to maintain standards within the propery,considerable investment (both financial and emotional) is ongoing .
All customer feedback is valued and taken seriously.
It is such a pity that these problems were not brought to attention at the time of the stay, thereby allowing the owners to address these issues and put the situation right.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

stayed at the arlana guest house with my husband and teenage daughter for one evening.
room was basic but very clean.bed comfortable so had a good nights sleep.room was very cold when we first arrived but we were early and it warmed up in the evening.
breakfast was very nice with choice of cereals yogurts etc,full english with quality bacon and great coffee.
the television was on at breakfast which for me is a big no no but thats just me, some people it wouldnt bother.also would have like brown sugar for the coffee. again, thats just a 'me' thing.
when we went the room next to ours was being renovated but it didnt affect our stay with it being only for one night. it might bother someone staying for longer though.
overall fine for the price we paid.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed at the Arlarna B&B for one night and found the room to be clean, the bed comfortable and breakfast very nice.
The decor was 'modern' in design, the dining room was a little cluttered and the hallway and the stair case rather dak and in need of a face lift. One negative would be the walls's between rooms were thin and you could hear other guests speaking.The location was approx 10 minutes from the town centre, where there are plenty of bar's and fast food outlets.
The b&b was ok for a night's stay.

Room Tip: We had room 5 which was at the rear of the house
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple