“Never again”

Sugar Sugar
Ranked #24 of 25 Cleethorpes B&B and Inns
“Never again”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed in the white room, its defiantly in need of a refurbishment! Stains all over cushions on bed, on the sofa and rugs! Stains on the walls too!! Its just really cheap and shabby! Couldn't get much sleep due to the so called bar downstairs which sounds more like a night club!! We go woke up at 7 o' clock due to noise in the corridor. No parking at all, so you have to pay to stay in another car park and be up by 8am to go and put more money in machine so your car doesnt get clamped! Location is good and close to the centre but wouldn't go again unless I planned on staying up all night and partying.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Lyndsey17

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2012

hiya me and the girlfriend went for the weekend and didn't get any sleep at all we were staying for 2 nights and ended up coming home after 1 night because we couldn't sleep!. There is a Bar which becomes a NIGHT CLUB!!!! underneath the hotel and it goes on till 4am in the morning which is not good at all and then at 6-30am in the morning when you can get some sleep you get the market going on!!. Really nice room and staff are top draw, but no parking at all so don't go unless you want to party all night!!. They said they were going 2 give us a full refund but they have said vouchers giving us a 1 night break in the week as the club shuts at 11pm from Steve and Sarah from Leicester, enjoy if u go!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank steven s

Travelers are raving about these Cleethorpes hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The worst experience ever!!!! Room very dirty, loud and uncomfortable bed. Couldn't get any sleep. I been informed on my arrival that i can park outside the hotel until 8am. At 6am i could hear some noises, when looked outside my car was surrounded with the flower market!!!!!! I find £80.00 parking ticket.... lucky my car wasn't removed!!!No breakfast!!!Shower didn't work and when i decide to have bath it was only cold water!! Is just unbelievable that absolutely everything in that place was wrong! I m traveling very often for a business so i stay in different hotels.I have never experience anything like that before!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank izabela P
Brackley, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I'm coming to the end of a short 2 night stay having been on business in the area. I only wish I had read the reviews of other guests before booking - the clue to my dissatisfaction is the fact that the hotel is above a lively bar. unfortunately for me, despite my room being located on the top floor, the thumping music and loud vocals from the bar PA over the past 2 evenings have trashed my chances of getting off to an early sleep after 2 very long working days. Last night (Thursday) was karaoke night. I really did want to get my head down by about 10pm but in the end resorted to staying up late and watching programmes on BBC I Player whilst wearing my noise cancelling headphones which work brilliantly on planes but even they couldn't mask the noise from below. Finally at midnight, as the crowd joined in for 1 last song (Slades "So Here It Is Merry Christmas"!!) the night fell silent and I got some sleep. Other than this issue, the room has been fine although would have benefitted from a decent mattress on the bed and the mastic in the bathroom is mouldy and perished in places so without the nose I would have rated my stay 7:10. with the noise - sorry but a quite hotel room is a must for me and will never been achieved above a noisy bar so it's 0:10 although I do partly blame myself for not doing my research properly.

Room Tip: Read all of the reviews and only book if you are not bothered about loud musinc late into the night.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank GARY P
Cleethorpes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Stayed on 22nd Nov 2011. The girl behind the bar who showed us to the room upon check-in was friendly and helpful. Had tried to book for the Warhol suite but had left it a little late and ended up in the Play Lounge, definately wasnt disappointed though. Room was modern, clean, lovely and warm..and a bit of fun! Great (huge) bed, fab wall sized mirror and funky decor. Being a tuesday night the bar was fairly quiet downstairs although, even if it had've been busy, it would'nt have really bothered us. Have to laugh at reviews i've read about the bar downstairs being rowdy and noisy until the early hours on a friday/saturday night - what on earth do people expect booking a room over a busy bar at the weekend?!! Same goes for the early morning wake-up call from the deliveries to the supermarket close by etc, ok it did wake us, but again we knew what to expect booking a room overlooking a busy market place (besides we still managed to bob back off until 10am because the bed was so comfy)...Do appreciate some people just want peace and quiet on a night away so would suggest either choose a night here very early in the week or just book into this place when you want something a little different and fun..We did get to have a quick look in the Warhol Suite as we were checking out, the lady who was cleaning it allowed us in to have a nosey - and it looked ace ..Definately will be returning sometime to try this one out! ..p.s we're not teenagers but both in our late 40's, have recently returned from a quiet luxury holiday in Cuba- but still know how to appreciate a bit of a giggle too.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter night- book a room on the top floor and maybe at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Anne W
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2011

The room was clean and tidy but the layout was awful. The bed is situated next to low beams on the ceiling which everyday I got up I hit my head on them which is extremely painful. The noise from the bar below makes it impossible to get any sort of sleep until around 2:30am which for anyone is just a disturbance.We paid for a luxury room under the impression you get breakfast but as it turns out you don't which it clearly states on the website here; http://www.sugar-sugar.co.uk/sugar/rooms/warhol.htm but if you ring up it says you don't so that shows a lack of management if they can't even control a simple fact like that. The keys are shocking never worked. Staff dont arrive till midday or later. I will never return there again but cleethorpes as a place i cant fault.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Me and my partner stayed in the Warhol Suite at this hotel in the August bank holiday. The break away started off very well, the staff were friendly and the room was nice and clean. From there things started to go wrong, first of all we found out you don't get breakfast, when it clearly says on the website you do in all luxury suites. Then our hotel key stopped working, we had to go downstairs to get it sorted roughly 5 times. The music down below was rather loud, and being on top floor, I felt sorry for the people just above it. On the last day, we had to check out at 11, and just popped out in the morning, and when we came back we couldn't get through to the door, staff would never get there until gone 11 o'clock, and in cases like that, I think it's out of order. I had a good break away, but I will never step foot in that hotel again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple