All reviews silver service traditional hotel a family run hotel sea facing room melba toast undercover parking under cover chain hotels sea front humber estuary this lovely hotel up to date sunday lunch lovely meal breakfast was excellent enjoyable stay stayed for one night
Selected filters
Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

Great hotel. The massive front area looks over the sea. Lovely staff, clean place. Food was good with lots of choice. Great for a fancy place to stay. Prices are average but pay a little more for a little more luxury.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

Ate here last night with family. The starters and the mains were all excellent. Great quality and plenty of it. All served piping hot.

Dessert was a little disappointing with limited choice. My mum had the creme brulee and this was like cold custard. The cheeseboard also lacked one of the cheeses (no explanation). Although there still was plenty of it.

The service is very good. Although it appears the staff are told not to speak. Also, I prefer to pour my own wine! I didn't like they started setting up for the next day though. The coffee afterwards was awful.

Overall though very good and I would eat here again. It seems very popular so would suggest booking.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

Last night I took my husband to the Kingsway for a lovely meal and we weren't disappointed. There was a good choice to pick from and enjoy, we couldn't fit a desert in as we were full by then but we had coffee and mints to finish with.
Please try here, I know some say it's old fashioned but there is nothing wrong with that :-)

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2017

This hotel is not flashy, but I really like staying here when away with work. The hotel has retained its rather endearing 1980s feel, but is very well maintained and spotlessly clean. The rooms are comfortable and recently renovated. Breakfast is generous and freshly cooked (and tasty....great sausages). Parking is secure and the location is very pleasant (take a brisk stroll before breakfast along the promenade)

Room tip: Ask for a recently renovated room....but all are good
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2017

Starff great very polite spotless rooms restaurant very good Jane in resterant great manger great frecption starff great will be back as this is our 3rd time staying here and never had a bad time it in the middle of the town and restaurants all around off all types

Room tip: Any room is a good room
Date of stay: January 2017