I cannot for the life of me understands how this place has allegedly won any of the awards it has portrayed to have received from the local paper. Greased palms and back handers spring to mind as there is no way this place has won anything on its own merits.
We decided to try the place out based on such awards. The bar area was quiet apart from a rowdy couple who obviously knew the staff & management. He was a typical Mackem Neanderthal thug and his partner a lady [sic] of the night obviously using the hotels room facilities for business.
The meals ranged from mediocre to rubbish, which probably summed up the service. When the waitress asked how the meal was, we replied honestly and courteously that we hadn’t enjoyed it. Shortly afterwards we were confronted by the manager/owner who had obviously been drinking and we were showered with a tirade of abuse. He didn’t even have the dignity to introduce himself or ask what the problem was. Every time any of the party tried to speak, he just blurted out more diatribes.
Don’t waste your money here. Aldi and Netto TV dinners dressed up as French cuisine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly refurbished boutique hotel, in the heart of the seaside resort of Cleethorpes. Close to all amenities. Category winners of restaurant of the year 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotel.de so you can book your The Dovedale Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dovedale Hotel Cleethorpes
- The Dovedale Hotel And Restaurant Cleethorpes, England