“brilliant hotel”

Leicester, United Kingdom
“brilliant hotel”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

we booked for the 17-18 august got a room no problem we have room 12
we got at the hotel about 1.15pm was welcomed with friendly staff we was early for booking in but with in 10 minutes we was given the keys to are room
when we got to are room its was lovely and clean in facted it was lovely.
we went in and out most of the day and every time we seen a member of staff we had a hello or a smile.
at night time we sat in the bar area and all the staff was friendly again had time to stand and talk asking if every thing was ok.
in the morning we went down for breakfast good gob I looked how big the breakfast was I went for the children size. but once's again very welcoming offered tea coffee you could also help your self to orange milk and apple juice there was othing bits you help your self to.
check out is at 12 but we checked out early and asked if we could leave the car in the car park and the lady said yes that's alright as long as your not blocking anyone in

over all I loved my stay here and will be booking again soon
and thank you to all the staff for making are stay welcoming

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank carla050586

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

my wife and eye had walked past this rather nice looking hotel a few times and today decided to have a creamtea.
the sun was out and we sat outside in nice table and compty chairs.
we ordered full creamtea and singe creamtea.
well out came the tea in nice old fashioned teapot, very nice.
but for bizzare reason the rest never came out for 20minutes.
now the place was empty,now we are from down south and ived had plenty of lovely cream teas but this was a cheap n cheerfull effort trying to be posh but failing.
the cost wasnt cheap just under £14 well we had nice sandwiches with crisps a scone with cheap whipped cream,now when you say its clotted cream then you use it.
now the cakes this was biggest joke they were cheap kids cakes with smarties on top,two of them.
i did complain as this was very poor standard of ingredients.
also down south leaftea is served not up north .
at least the food was edable just not worth £14 please dont waste your money, all i got was a im sorry
not good enough

6 Thank 959Hatter

Travelers are raving about these Cleethorpes hotels

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I must say i didnt stay at the Hotel, but did go there to dine in their restaurant. I was impressed that they had a ramp in place for disabled customers in wheelchairs. the Hotel looks amazing outside and in. As a registered blind person who uses a guide dog though i was a little disappointed. The reason being, we were told that we would have to sit near the fire exit, which i didnt mind, but when we entered the dining room, all the diners were at the top end of the dinning room and we were shown to the far end to an area which wasnt being used and put right in the corner because we had the guide dog with us. i have telephoned the hotel to express my disappointment at this and they have apologised. I asked if they could make their staff aware of disabled rights as i felt i was being discriminated against and couldnt join the rest of the diners. When i go out i like to be with others as i go out to be social. Hopefully the next time i visit things will be different.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank AJMBEE
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had a very enjoyable weekend stay at this hotel. We were very impressed with the standard of the room and furnishings. Most importantly, the bedroom and bathroom were very clean! We took our own travel cot and there was plenty of room to accommodate it in the room. The little touches also made our visit, such as plenty of milk and good quality loo roll! The breakfast was very good also, with plenty of choice. We also ate in the restaurant one evening and again had a really good meal. The staff were very friendly especially towards our one year old. Overall, very impressed with this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
chesterfield
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel. Room Was lovely we had an executive room was very clean it had a nice little balcony it sit out on and enjoy the weather. Staff were friendly. I could only find a few faults we ate in the restaurant waited almost an hour before before ate. Steaks were wonderful but them only had the house dressing for the salad with no other option and pepper corn sauce tasted like flour. Thank You for a plesant stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Donna F
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I am confined to a wheelchair, because I can't walk or stand. I told the receptionist of my predicament when I booked, and was assured that they had disabled facilities.
On arrival, accompanied by my brother and nephew, I found that the ground floor room was far from satisfactory. There was a fusty smell, probably due to a section of skirting board and door frame that was rotten. The wooden laminate flooring was curling up at the edges,and there was tape holding down the door mat. The wet room was very small with no grab rails. I couldn't use the shower because there was no fold down seat on the wall, The bed was so high that I couldn't transfer onto it with the aid of my slide board. My brother and nephew had to lift me out of my wheelchair and put me on the bed. I've slept in beds in many Hotels in many countries and have never experienced any thing like it before.
When I told the receptionist of my findings, I was met with negative comments.
Had it been my wife who had been with me, we couldn't have stayed.
I am pleased it was only for one night. Never again.

Room Tip: Find disabled accommodation that is regulated
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank Kevan R
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Not a bad little hotel, staff was friendly enough, could do with new carpets and the wood work on the stairs could do with cleaning( very dusty) the bug bear though was when we returned from a 80th birthday meal, we all went back to the dovedale but got told there was a private function on and wasn't allowed in the bar for a drink...was mostly shocked, but got told we could sit outside in the smoking canopy being June the weather wasn't brilliant and having 3 pensioners over 80 I though how generous NOT.....not impressed at all...will not be staying again on that principle and will no recommend to anyone

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gas_Heads08
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
The Burlington Hotel
Ashbourne Hotel
Ashbourne Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Killingholme
Holiday Inn Express Grimsby

Been to The Dovedale Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!