“Perfection!”

Ranked #3 of 25 Cleethorpes B&B and Inns
Salford, United Kingdom
“Perfection!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This delightful B & B cannot be faulted in any way! The genial landlady, Rebekah, presented me with a pot of tea and a slice of Victoria sponge upon my arrival at 3.00 p.m., which was most welcome and gave the chance to admire the stylish Breakfast Room. I occupied the Green Room and found it to be most attractive and comfortable, I was most impressed by the colour co-ordinated cushions that added to the restful atmosphere. The breakfast was a gourmet experience. I chose to begin with a selection of fresh fruit accompanied by Greek yogurt with honey and granola and i was presented with a dish of apple rings, slices of banana sprinkled with both raspberries and strawberries. It was a gastronomic delight as was the cooked main course that followed with bacon, Lincolnshire sausages, scrabbled eggs and grilled tomatoes cooked to perfection. There were several other items on offer too. The hospitality tray in the bedroom held some items that you don't normally find in hotels such as fruit flavoured teas
and a special tea that contained vitamins.

Rebekah, her husband Tim and their son Felix were equally charming and the cat that I met, Elvis, was a real sweetie. I could hardly believe that Rebekah had only been running the B&B for 2 years as everything was run to perfection. Her explanation was that she only lets out 2 rooms on that site and can accommodate a maximum of 6 guests and therefore has plenty of time to pay attention to detail. Small is beautiful obviously! I am already recommending this lodging to others and certainly intend to return there myself.

Room Tip: The Green Room is on the front of the quiet avenue and the sun comes into it all day but the windows...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Susan255

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband myself and our grandson recently stayed at Brown's Rooms For 2 nights (18th,19th Aug) and were very impressed. On arrival we were treated to Pot of coffee and some home made cake ( we ate the remainder the following day yum yum).The rooms are lovely and clean, our grandson who's 12 stayed in the green room and was well impressed. My husband and myself had the white room which is enormous, it was nice to sit at the small table by the window and relax whilst enjoying our afternoon coffee and cake. For breakfast there are a variety of choices with something to suit everyone. All in all it was the perfect place to stay, we were warmly welcomed by Rebekah ( the hostess with the mostest ) Tim,Felix and the cats into their beautiful home. We will definitely stay at Brown's Rooms again when we next visit Cleethorpes.

Room Tip: The White room is ideal for a couple with children, there is a king size bed and a single bed. It i...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

just returned after a one night stay at this fantastic B and B, the rooms are lovely and clean and no effort by the owner is too much, we had a lovely breakfast on departure and will definitely return. Our first visit to Cleethorpes and thought it was a lovely little town off the beaten track a bit but well worth visiting.

Room Tip: There are only 2 rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tismyk
Glasgow
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Could not have asked for better treatment. Rebekha was so welcoming. We stayed in the Green Room and were very impressed, although small it had all we needed and we were only in the room for sleeping. The breakfast was excellent and so much variety, from cooked breakfast to cereal or granola. Nothing was too much trouble. You feel as if you are staying with a friend the atmosphere is so welcoming.

I would highly recommend this accommodation and will definitely return on my next trip to Cleethorpes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank aldoGlasgow
Settle, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Massive welcome, massive room and massive breakfast!!
What a fantastic weekend we had staying at Browns Rooms - we really did feel a part of the family, nothing was too much trouble.
We stayed in the white room which is huge, very clean and beautifully and comfortably furnished - it made it really hard to get up in a morning. In fact if it wasn't for the amazing breakfasts that Rebekah served i think we would have stayed in bed all day.
I would most definitely recommend this B&B to my friends and we are looking for another 'excuse' to visit Cleethorpes.
Thanks Guys!!

Room Tip: There are only two rooms so my tip would be don't mess about - book early!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TraceyEckersley
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Rebecca makes you so welcome (Coffee and Cakes on Arrival) its more like visiting friends then a B&B
Lovely fresh cooked Breakfast, spotlessly clean rooms. Even the two pet cats are amazingly friendly.
Rebecca could not have been more helpful highly recommended

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Resident of Chesterfield district
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We last visited Cleethorpes forty years ago and made a surprise visit again in the sunshine of last week. We stayed at Brown's Rooms and were met by the lovely owner with a pot of tea and little banana cake (with a secret piece of chocolate inside) !!

We were made so welcome from arriving to leaving. The twin room was so beautiful. White walls and lime green accessories. Little bottles of smellies for the well appointed bathroom. White fluffy towels and dressing gowns. Gorgeous Egyptian cotton sheets.

Breakfast next morning was a treat. Choice of "full" English and I mean FULL. Home baked bread and preserves. Grimsby kippers and haddock on a muffin with Hollandaise sauce. YUM.

I was in two minds whether to share this experience but I couldn't do it to you !! Do go and have a lovely lovely time BUT don't overbook the times I want to go again !! x

Room Tip: Book any room - you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Breaca
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
The Burlington Hotel
#2 of 10 in Grimsby
The Yarborough Hotel
The Yarborough Hotel
#5 of 10 in Grimsby

Been to Browns Rooms? Share your experiences!