“Amazing food and service!”
Review of So Thai - CLOSED

So Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Multi award winning authentic Thai cuisine. Trading now for over 6 years with a very good reputation not only locally but from regular customers nationwide. So if you like to dine with a difference come along to So Thai and taste the wonders of Thai cuisine.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We visited So Thai for a friend's birthday last night. The restaurant has great decor...an authentic Thai feeling to it. Staff were extremely helpful and explained the menu thoroughly and helped us to order according to our individual tastes. The food was absolutely phenomenal both in taste and appearance. They even advised us when we were ordering too much food!
I have eaten in many Thai restaurants, but the food here was simply exceptional. Amazing flavours and textures and everything was very fresh and light. Thank you!!

2  Thank Sarita K

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Went last night with my wife we have visited several times before but it's a year or so since our last visit. As always impeccable service food and atmosphere. Had a combination starter for two which was beautifully presented with a nice selection of accompanying sauces. Then had a mild beef dish with chicken fried rice for main followed by a shared chocolate cake for desert. Very satisfied customers x

2  Thank James K
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our party of 4 thoroughly enjoyed the refreshing Thai food on offer. You don't have to spend a fortune here to receive great service, well presented food that leaves you comfortably full! I'm saying comfortably full because you don't leave feeling you've eaten stodgy food, quite the opposite, it was light, fresh and tasty. I liked that the menu had plenty of combo dishes for 2. Our waiter was confident in giving us sound advice with our menu selections, tentative with our drinks which I personally appreciate. I also appreciate being asked how satisfied we are with our meal soon after we've tucked in and they did this upon each course.
Appearances can be deceiving, I would have walked straight past this restaurant based on the dated decor and dodgy colour scheme but I'm pleased it wasn't our choice to pick a restaurant that evening as I would have missed out on a beautiful meal. We will return

Reviewed July 27, 2014

It's a year or so since we visited So Thai but I'm sure we'll be back again sooner than that this time. It's right in the middle of Cleethorpes High Street in a pretty inauspicious looking building. Inside though it's beautifully decorated with relaxing lighting and beautiful carved buddha statues You are taken to the cosy upstairs bar where you can relax , have a drink and choose from the extensive menu. Once your table is ready you are led to the downstairs restaurant by friendly staff.
The food was beautiful - I've visited Thailand and it's totally authentic Thai food. Most main courses are available with various meat option, tofu and vegetable so this place is fantastic for vegetarians and carnivores alike. Special mention to the Pad Kra Prow with tofu (it's very hot so beware) which I had with sticky rice (how do they make that, it's awesome).
Wine was great - a nicely chilled Sauvignon, good wine list and some Asian beers as well to choose from.
Only slight down side was it was absolutely Scorchio inside the restaurant last night (or as one customer put it 'it's so hot it's just like being in Thailand in here') but we are in the middle of a heatwave and really, how often do you need AirCon in Cleethorpes?!
So, great service, beautiful Thai food and really very reasonably priced as well. A winner.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

The staff were very polite and helpful, the food was delicious.
We had never eaten Thai before and the staff helped us to decide what was most suitable for us.