“A good value meal”

Pear Tree
Ranked #60 of 143 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Pear Tree. Bring the family along to our great 2 for 1 menu, you'll be sure of a warm welcome.
Habrough, Immingham United Kingdom
“A good value meal”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The Pear Tree is a two for one on all main meals and as such offers excellent value for money. The staff are polite and helpful and the food is good. There is a very good choice on the menu and specials board including vegetarian and plenty of fish dishes.

Visited April 2013

“Average”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have visited this place a couple of times.
Would not say it was better than average, service okay, little slow, and food was also okay.
But for standard pub food when not in a rush its okay to visit.

Louth, Lincolnshire
“Good value standard pub fayre”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Early evening meal after work. Efficient service and generous portions with good value for money. The food was basic pub food but week executed.

• Visited April 2013
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Very Good Restaurant, Food could be better”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Me and my family ate here because of others in our family recommending it to us. I ordered a Double Cheeseburger with tomato sauce and bacon. Mine came with BBQ sauce not on the burger but in a sauce pot, had to ask for some in the end. I also ordered some potato wedges which were HUGE! The biggest I've ever seen. Although I asked for just Cheese, Bacon and Tomato Ketchup. THE BURGER CAME WITH SALAD UNDERNEATH THE MEAT! Once I took the salad off the burger was nice but why should I have to remove salad when I did not ask for it. The vanilla ice cream that I had for desert was lovely, could not complain about that. The staff were very friendly including one that kept asking me questions about history.

Overall

Burger: Nice

Ice cream: Great

Probably would visit again.

• Visited April 2013
Cleethorpes
“Average to poor.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

To be honest. I used to go to this place because its 2 for 1 most days but. I am was always terribly disappointed. Most of the staff are just useless and the food is noticeably reheated stuff from previous preparation. If not from a packet of some description. Steaks are dry and never cooked how you ask it to be cooked, despite them asking for a preference. They might as well just bring every steak out well done.

I haven't been back to this place for about 5 months now. When money gets tight and I fancy a meal out. I might, might... Just go to this place again.

• Visited December 2012