“Very Good Restaurant, Food could be better”
Review of Pear Tree

Pear Tree
Ranked #57 of 156 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Pear Tree. Bring the family along to our great 2 for 1 menu, you'll be sure of a warm welcome.
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Me and my family ate here because of others in our family recommending it to us. I ordered a Double Cheeseburger with tomato sauce and bacon. Mine came with BBQ sauce not on the burger but in a sauce pot, had to ask for some in the end. I also ordered some potato wedges which were HUGE! The biggest I've ever seen. Although I asked for just Cheese, Bacon and Tomato Ketchup. THE BURGER CAME WITH SALAD UNDERNEATH THE MEAT! Once I took the salad off the burger was nice but why should I have to remove salad when I did not ask for it. The vanilla ice cream that I had for desert was lovely, could not complain about that. The staff were very friendly including one that kept asking me questions about history.

Overall

Burger: Nice

Ice cream: Great

Probably would visit again.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

To be honest. I used to go to this place because its 2 for 1 most days but. I am was always terribly disappointed. Most of the staff are just useless and the food is noticeably reheated stuff from previous preparation. If not from a packet of some description. Steaks are dry and never cooked how you ask it to be cooked, despite them asking for a preference. They might as well just bring every steak out well done.

I haven't been back to this place for about 5 months now. When money gets tight and I fancy a meal out. I might, might... Just go to this place again.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very good --- we'll come again. A dining experience first class. Service also to a high standart. would and did recommend already to many many friends and all of them reported back very positive. Staff is welcoming and polite and friendly. Bacause of the indoor kids play area also good to visit on rainy days.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Theres a park for the kids and a play area indoors, the staff are chirpy, food is great usually bogof! Lovely when its warm because then the kids can play out and you can sit outside without freezing. The staff are always willing to help with no huffing and puffing,

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The chips were of a cardboard texture and the chicken was very dry. The staff didn't seem very helpful and almost seemed like we were an inconvenience. This is why I haven't been back in a long time until word of mouth brings me back in, however I hear its still poor.

1  Thank TheReputation