“Just back from Weekend stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Just back from Weekend stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just returned from a Fri-Mon stay.
We stayed in palm springs caravan 13. Caravan was lovely, different layout than we,are used to. It had 2 double beds instead,of the usual double and 2 singles. The Kid's wasn't impressed with having to share. Caravan looked clean but on closer inspection could benefit from a deep clean. Dust on sideboards, mildew on tap and shower, previous occupants food in cupboards. There was also a damp smell to the caravan which I put down the the upholstery just being washed which meant we had to sit on sheets that reception provided. Caravan was in a good location, right opposite the beach which was a big hit with the kids.
Entertainment was good in the evening, kids also enjoyed the archery and fencing. Swimming pool was a bit on the cold side for our 11month old so didn't stay in for long. Our older Kids wasnt impressed with the pool but that was down to the slides being closed this time of year.
Character breakfast on a Monday morning is good for getting photo's of all the characters and Kid's together.
Overall kids enjoyed themselves which is the main thing as they don't notice the little things that bug an adult.
Would return as it's one of the better Haven site's we have been to.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank K-RForbes
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear K-RForbes

Thank you for your review. I am truly sorry that there were a few lapses in the cleanliness of your caravan; we would have happily got a member of our team to come down and resolve this for you. However, I am very pleased that the caravan was lovely and you were happy with the location. I hope your children enjoyed the archery and fencing.

I am sorry you found the pool to be a bit cold and that your children weren’t as impressed. Unfortunately the outside lazy river and slides are closed during April, this is because we never know what the weather is like and can be too cold during April. If you are considering in returning I would recommend from the 23rd of May to the 31st of August, in the hope that the weather will hold out, so that your children and yourselves can experience them.

I hope your children were able to meet their favourite character during the characters breakfast and I look forward to welcoming you all back again, you are more than welcome to call me for a quote and I can make sure your caravan is to your satisfaction.

Kind Regards

Jessica Dale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from another weeks stay in a relatives owned caravan cant really find anything to complain about. Well run resort great facilities gets better every year. Perhaps some enforcement of the double yellow lines outside the Spar could take place by Security as there seems to be no end of Selfish people who park there causing an obstruction.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear andreaLancashire

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear you found our resort to be well run with great facilities and that it gets better every year. I have passed your comments onto maintenance and security regarding enforcement on the double yellow lines outside Spar to stop congestion, or that we may need to let guests know they need to park in the car park across the road.
I hope you will consider returning to us again in the near future.

hull
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Spot on. Ticked all the boxes for a Easter gathering, stayed in a Prestige Caravan and was as expected fully central heated which helped in the mornings. Site was clean and tidy, staff really friendly. If i had one slight complaint it would be the "caberet" Sunday night abou 9pm, man and woman murdering some songs and 3 lady dancers trying to be exotic? Badly! We left not long after they started as did others around us. Didnt ruin our break though, swimming pool good and clean. All in all a good place, would return.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank yogibear30
Dear yogibear30

It’s such a joy to hear that your weekend ticked all the boxes. It’s fantastic that you found the site to be clean and that the team on park were really friendly. I am sorry to hear that you weren’t as pleased with the entertainment and I have passed on your comments to the Entertainment Manager. I am pleased that this it did not affect your break and I hope you will return soon.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We went for a week over the easter period and had a fantastic time ,All the staff were pleasant had smiles on there faces and nothing was too much trouble .We had several meals in the entertainment centre and everything was cooked to perfection .The caravan was spotless but did lack a teapot lol .would highly recommend this site we have already booked for next year ,This was an anniversary present from our children and we could not have had anything better .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear dawn h

Thank you for your review. Its heart warming to hear you have had a fantastic time and that you could not ask for anything better. I have informed all the team on park with your comments on how pleasant they were and how nothing was too much trouble. That is the level of service we strive for; we love to hear when we achieve it. I am thrilled you will be returning again next year and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Having previously had a great holiday experience at Thorpe Park in October 2013 we booked another 4 night stay 21st to 25th May 2014. The caravan we were allocated was No 118 situated in Meadow Field a short walk from the Show Bar, Swimming Pool and outdoor activity centre.
The caravan can only be described as excellent, modern in style and equipped to a very high standard and spotlessly clean with the added benefit of an on suite toilet.
We took advantage of the on line booking system to pre-book our grandsons activities which ensured that he got the ones he wanted on the days and times that suited us and in addition we benefited by the discount we received for pre—booking them. He participated in the Leap of Faith, Zip Wire, Fencing, Archery, Shooting and Aqua Jets all of which represented excellent value for money. A special thank you to Sky, Daniel and Neil all of whom made sure that the children were supervised in a professional manner and gave them encouragement to challenge themselves to reach their personal goals – above all they made sure the kids really enjoyed the activities.
It was nice to see that the very high standards of cleanliness witnessed on our previous stay were being maintained across the site on this visit. Every member of staff we had the pleasure of meeting appeared customer focussed and very approachable.
Looking forward to booking another holiday at Thorpe Park in October.

Room Tip: Pre book the kids activities - they get them on the days thats best for them and you get a discount...
2 Thank HullG_mac
Dear HullG_mac

It’s such a delight to hear you have stayed at our park last year, came again this year and even better that you are looking forward to booking again with us this year. I am pleased to hear that your caravan was excellent, equipped to a very high standard was spotlessly clean.

It’s always a pleasure to hear that our team is approachable and customer focussed. I have passed on your special thanks to Daniel and Neil, who were thrilled to hear they encouraged your children to reach their personal goals.

Thank you for your review; I enjoyed reading it and thank you for sharing the pictures of your children enjoying the fencing and leap of faith. I look forward to welcoming you back again in October. You are more than welcome to call me for a quote.

Hereford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

lovely park
outside pool wasn't open even though lovely weather
mash and barrel staff didn't listen and messed order up on more than once
the activity staff were fantastic and lots of activities for all ages
very clean park
caravan was clean and tidy
would go again
only downfall was the complex entrance only one way in and all the other ways were fenced off need to be more open to make access easier for all areas of the park and the gates weren't ideal for a pram let alone a wheelchair

Dear Rio M

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you thought our park was lovely and that the activity team was fantastic. I am sorry that the outside pool and lazy river was not open this is due to the weather, which was too cold at the time. I hope it didn’t affect your holiday with us. I appreciate your feedback and I hope you will consider returning to us again in the future where you will be even more impressed.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I went hear with 3 adults and 2 kids (age 9 and 8) from monday to friday, the price of the holliday wqs good and it was easy to find the site, we all haqd a great time and will return soon, the only problem was my caravan was
On the whole i would highly recomend going hear as my kids had a amazing time and both didnt want to leave and are aready asking to go back, only been home for 2 hours

Room Tip: request a caraqvan near the main complex
Dear claireharrison1980

I am delighted to hear that you all had an amazing time and that your children are already asking to come back again. I am sorry that you had a problem with your caravan; if you do return to us again soon I would be happy to personally supervise your booking to make sure your caravan is to your satisfaction. You are welcome to give me a call on 01472 813395 with your reference number.

Jessica Dale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
Premier Inn Cleethorpes Hotel
The St. James Hotel Grimsby
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
#3 of 9 in Cleethorpes

Been to Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!