“wanted to go home”

Ranked #71 of 148 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We visited this Restaurant on Saturday 3rd August, we had not booked anything but did manage to find us a table. The restaurant was very busy, Had to ask twice for someone to take our order. Had our starters, had to wait nearly 40 mins for our main to arrive, the place just seemed to come to a standstill and seemed more intent on getting takeaways out, rather than looking after seated customers. Felt like paying for what we had had and leaving. Sorry was not impressed, wished we had never gone out!!!

1  Thank susan b

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My friend and I visited later on a Friday evening. We both ordered a pint of Cobra (Indian Lager) the lager was the only one available on draft. It was around room temperature !
We both ordered a curry house special. We both thought the meat and the prawns were on the tough side.
We shared a naan bread. That came on a cold metal plate, so the bread soon went cold too.
A disappointing visit, but then there are lots of Indian Restaurants in Cleethorpes so we will return to our usual one next time (instead of this one)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

as a regular visitor to the eastern delights cleethorpes we have always been very satisfield with our favouite indian resturant until last saturday 27th july. the service was poor and two of the dishes went back because they were cold and two drinks on the bill we didnt get. bring back the metal serving dishes these keep the food hotter.

2  Thank TIGERWILLIAMS1955
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Recently moved back to the area and returned to what used to be my favourite Indian restaurant. I'm delighted to say that apart from the decor being brought up to date very little has changed. The service was very welcoming and efficient and the food was absolutely top notch.

The mixed kebab starter and the onion bajhi's were well presented after the obligatory popadoms. We ordered chicken tikka masala and lamb rogan josh accompanied by sag aloo, mushroom and pilau rice with a peshwari naan. The bread was cooked really well and wasn't burnt at all and the curries were amazing, full of rich flavours. Draft Cobra to wash it all down and all for less than £40.

The best Indian I have had in a long while.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My friend and I visited late on a Friday evening - probably after the Friday evening rush. It was our first time for over 5 years, not because service or standards were poor - more that there is massive choice in Cleethorpes for Indian Restaurants !
What a transformation the Eastern Delight has gone through (though for all I know, the changes could have been years ago) Either way the attractive shining, metal effect ceiling is still in place. Table and chairs are comfortable and modern. Staff are smart, friendly and helpful.
One of my photos a discreet shot looking down the restaurant.
The menu is clear and easy to understand. Meals are easily viewed in sections - mild / medium / medium-hot/ hot etc.
I had a Curry House special ( a mixture of meat / sea food) My friend had Chilli Garlic Chicken Curry. Both came with Pilau rice. We had two nan breads (the Keemanan was the best I've ever had!). Both curries were lovely, and thoughrally enjoyable.
Two curries, two nan breads, two pints of Cobra Indian lager (£29.50). Well done Eastern Delight, we will come back soon!