“Great Set Up for Golf”

Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Broughton
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Bunch of golf mad geordies turned up for a weekend of golf and we were not disappointed.
Hotel rooms: clean, tidy, 2 double beds, well appointed.No complaints.
Food: have to admit could do better at evening meals,wasn't the best, breakfast was on the other hand excellent, plenty of choice and go back as much as you want.
Drink: Expensive but with a 10% dis, not too bad.
Staff: couldn't do enough for you, excellent.
Golf: Well! as a 21 handicapper, I found the courses excellent, don't overhit, play to your h/cap and you will enjoy your round on this challenging golf resort. I disagree with the comment that the courses are set up for single figure golfers, but everybody to their own.
Great weekend let down by the evening meals a little.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
John A, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Geordie92

Many thanks for your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed staying with us at Forest Pines. Your comments are really appreciated and I do hope that you will be able to return soon.

John

Write a ReviewReviews (1,551)

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Recently stopped here on a q hotel offer. I found the hotel to be very clean and tidy and the staff extremely helpful. The food was lovely and the health spa was excellent. 2 small complaints in the rooms, the beds were 2 single beds braced together and not very comfy at all and also it was red hot in the room at night and the windows were bolted shut! Not good and also not the safest in case of a fire?! Apart from that though it was very nice, maybe a bit pricy if you just turned up but we were there on an offer which was great value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Steve210676

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at Forest Pines.

I was pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and you particularly enjoyed our health spa and restaurant.

I have taken on-board your comments regarding the issues which did not meet with your expectations and these have been shared with the relevant teams.

I do hope that you will not be deterred from staying with us again in the future, and look forward to welcoming you back should you decide to pay us a return visit.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I am a regular visitor with the family as both resident and diner. The venue is great for the family with plenty of choice between the main hotel bar to the Pines bar at the back. There is no pressure to order straight away which gives you time to chill with a few drinks and have some quality time with the kids. The staff are always polite and friendly, especially with the kids. The only thing that lets it down is the poor food which is somewhat overpriced!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Paul C, thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at Forest Pines. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, i take your comments on board regarding food quality and priceing and will dicuss with our Executive Chef. We look forward to welcoming you back should you decide to pay us a return visit.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Golf break for 2 nights with a group of friendswas spoilt by the dinner menu, Beefburger at that price is not acceptable, and the main courses lacked any vegetables other than the few arranged neatly on the plate. Penny pinching at its best.
Drinks in the bars were overpriced as were the snacks available after golf, even with the Q club card.
The course was well maintained but was set up for low single figure golfers, If you are not that then then the golf will not be enjoyable, I don't want it easy but would like to be able to find the ball just off the very narrow fairways.
Disappointed and will not return.

1  Thank richguyb
John A, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear richguyb, thank you for your comments and please accept my apologies for the issues that you highlighted. Our menu choices are designed for golfers who have had an enjoyable day on the course and we will add your comments to our ongoing development plan, to ensure that our excellent service is maintained. On the set up of the golf course, we have two cuts of rough and clearance in all landing areas to ensure the speed of play is maintained, with our course being in the Top 100 UK courses, it will always pose a fair but challenging test of golf.

John Angus

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Nice hotel and staff but some things need to looked at!
Rooms can be very noisy. Comfy beds. However, I had room service and it was terrible! Not as described, cold, hair in meal and the salt pot had the remnants of some previous customers dinner on it! Come on staff, surely you would notice it was filthy?,

Room Tip: The rooms are very noisy
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear skywitch, thank you for your comments and please accept my apologies for the issues that you highlighted. I have personally spent some time with my team to ensure that your comments have been corrected and our normal excellent service has been restored. I look forward to welcoming you back to Forest Pines in the near future.

John Angus

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Had a three night four day golf break. Course in good condition. Staff excellent BUT the cost of drinks and the food totally unacceptable.to the point that we will not return. Our 12 man group has visited the hotel many times before with little or no compaint. The cost of drinks has been mentioned but to pay £22 for a bottle of very inferior red wine(much more for anything better) and 3.50 for a coffe is not acceptable..
If I had paid 10.00 for a three course special and been served this fayre I would have been reasonably satisfied. I was not paying this price! My first meal comprised a piece of smoked haddock which would have been pushed to make a sprat look small. I refused to accept it and was then given a piece that was no bigger. The rest of the dish contained half a dozen pieces of cucumber cut in half 4 quarters of a small tomatoe and some sprinkled raw onion. The meals on the other nights were similarly poor. The choices were three main courses and a vegy option each night. Just not good enough. I complained and we were give some complimentary wine to go some way to placate us, but at the time of my complaint there was a mention that " we put the golfers in this room". I now asume from this that golfing parties are second class guests. These second class guests spent over £3800 in hotel fees and close to £1500 in drinks and other snacks. If QHotels find that it is worth losing this amount of income to save some pennies on food then they will not be in business for too long. Oh! by the way, a large group of lady golfers on a similar break to our own positioned on the refecory table behind us had to wait over one & a half hours for the main course over which I understand they were given little choice and indeed demanded some chips to fill them up. They also will not be returning and they also had been very regular visitors to the hotel.
Liile more to say

3  Thank arthurleeRedcar
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed at Forest pines as part of a golf break for two nights, whilst the golf course proved challenging and was very enjoyable that could not be said for the hotel. I could not believe the price of some of the items in the bar, whilst I except that hotels charge that little bit more I consider £3.25 for a cup of coffee to exceed what I consider acceptable and good value for money. Our golf group were staying on a bed breakfast and evening meal basis and in my opinion despite paying good money for this break £235 it did not come up to expectations in respect of the hotel. Whilst I accept the room was large and of a good standard I felt that when we had our evening meal we had a restricted menu and were sat apart from other guests in an area which I could only describe as a school canteen, marble topped tables placed together so our group of 16 could eat together the marble surface was chipped and dirty the food served was adequate but not substantial and lacked taste and vegetables. As I have indicated the menu was limited EG ham hock or soup for starter pork belly Cod loin or Pasta for main course and that was it. No vegetables Oh I forgot you could have chosen Beefburger and chips!!!!. In my opinion this selection was not good enough. The breakfast could have been good but undercooked sausages under cooked bacon and fried eggs swilling in hot oil in the frying pan did not make the first meal of the day particularly appetising. I am very disappointed in this hotel and despite the amount of staff working hard they have a very difficult job but they are following management requirements of Q hotels So it is not the staff. Something is very wrong at this hotel I stay on a golf break once a month throughout the year and as I have said the golf courses were great but I will not return owing to over pricing in the bar and poor food selection and quality

1  Thank jGinger
John A, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear jGinger, thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at Forest Pines.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed playing our golf course but that there where issues which did not meet with your expectations. Your comments relating to menu choice have been shared with our Chef who is currently in the process of reviewing all our hotel menus.

I do hope that you will not be deterred from staying with us again in the future, and would look forward to welcoming you back should you decide to pay us a return visit.

John

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broughton
Branston Hall Hotel
Ashbourne Hotel
Ashbourne Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Killingholme
Hampton by Hilton Humberside Airport

Been to Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel? Share your experiences!