“Golf weekend”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Broughton
Lincoln
“Golf weekend”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

A very pleasant stay, room was first class, food very good, service excellent. Very clean and well laid out, good arrangement of function rooms.enjoyed the golf, very testing courses but in fine condition.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
John A, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear PhilandsamLincoln
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at Forest Pines. I was happy to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and that you found our golf course to be in excellent condition (even if it was a little testing!). I will make sure our Greenkeepers are made aware of your comments, I am sure they will be pleased to hear that all their hard work in keeping our course to such a high standard doesn't go un-noticed!
John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is just off the M180, but far enough away for it not to be a problem. Clean reception, pleasant staff, long long walk to the lift to get upstairs! Room bright, clean, well stocked. Wifi suffered from distance from reception?
Breakfast, buffet, but freshly cooked, good range of foods, some bread a bit stale but in general ok meal.
Obviously popular with golfers and wedding partys.
In the absence of any other quality in the area, a good find.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear poggy11
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at Forest Pines. Our wifi coverage should reach all areas of the Hotel, and we are currently looking into the reason behind any problems you may have encountered during your stay. We would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do hope that the problems you experienced with your wifi did not spoil your stay,and that you will not be deterred from staying with us again in the future. We would look forward to welcoming you back!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Recently spent a night at Forest Pines attending a conference. My room was spotless and comfortable, had a very good nights sleep.
Food provided with the conference was good.
All the staff I came accross were friendly and polite.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear doneanddusted
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at Forest Pines for a conference. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay, that you found our facilities to be clean and comfortable, and that you were well looked after by our staff team.
We look forward to welcoming you back if you decide to pay us a return visit!
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

My friend booked us on this half day spa offer for forest pines. Did not stay over on the hotel. The coffee and pastry in the bar area was very good and the service in there was great.

The spa itself is quite tired. It looks like it need abit of TLC. The jacuzzi is on the small side, only could fit 4 at the most. The steam room was good and so were the heated mosaic beds.

Didn't book any extra treatments as we weren't that impressed. Wouldn't spa there again even if on offer.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank cathy187067
John A, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear cathy187067
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent Spa Half-Day with us here at Forest Pines. I was sorry to learn that that there were some aspects of your visit that did not meet with your expectations, Forest Pines Spa has a lot to offer, our Beauty Therapists are very knowlegeable and we have a wide range of fabulous treatments available for our guests, I was disappointed to learn that you would not consider returning in the future.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was a Hen Party for two! Service, spa facilities ,massage, restaurant and food were all of excellent quality and excellent value for money. Would definitively recommend this for some R&R.
Our evening meal in the eighteen 59 restaurant was tasty, not overwhelming, hot and excellent value. Nice ambience and a very pleasant maître D.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room. Quiet and well appointed.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear debdobs_12
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent 'Hen Party for two' with us here at Forest Pines. I was pleased to learn that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay, and we hope to see you again soon!
Grimsby
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my colleague booked on a Overnight Spa Break for her birthday. The hotel itself was lovely and the reception staff were welcoming. The room was clean and the lunch and the evening meal we had as part of our package was great. The only disappointment was the treatment side of the package. We had both booked in for the same treatments which we were allowed either a 55min treatment or 2 x 25 min treatments so originally we asked for the 25 min back massage and the 25 min facial. However, recently I had been diagnosed with a condition and my Dr. advised me against having a facial or any type of skin scrub so I asked at the desk if it was possible to change my treatment to a 55 min full body massage instead. I found the reply I received from the member of the beauty team quite rude. The answer was a curt NO that is not part of the package! I tried to explain and was going to offer to pay any difference if they could accommodate my request but she just stated the same response. As a Beauty Therapist myself I found her manner to be very unfriendly. I wouldn't even have minded if the response was a "I am so sorry but I am afraid we can only offer certain treatments as part of the package but I will have a word with my manager to see if there is anything we can do for you but can't promise anything". I felt that as this was probably the main reason for going away to be pampered ourselves it let the weekend and the experience down. Also as I couldn't have a full body massage I stuck to my original choices but like I said we both had different treatments even though we were supposed to have the same!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Alison F
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at Forest Pines. I was sorry to hear that your visit did not meet with your expectations and that you left us feeling disappointed with your stay. I have passed on your comments relating you your Spa treatments to our Spa Manager, who will in turn address the issues you raised with her team. I do hope that you will not be deterred from staying with us again in the future, when hopefully your faith in Forest Pines can be restored and your visit remembered for all the right reasons.
london
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Well Forest Pines is not in the greatest of locations being just off the M180. Its very much a business hotel but with the added advantage of a spa and golfing facilities. We stayed there because its near relatives so I know the area well and this is the best hotel around. Its not the first time I have stayed there.

The bedrooms are very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was of a very high standard. Room service cam very quickly and served with courtesy. In fact all the staff are very courteous and friendly.

I would definitely recommend and shall be staying again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear caz1000
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at Forest Pines. I was pleased to learn that you were well looked after by our staff team, and that you would be happy to recommend us to others and plan to return.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
John
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broughton
Branston Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Brigg
Humber Royal Hotel
Humber Royal Hotel
#1 of 10 in Grimsby

Been to Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel? Share your experiences!