Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
Travelodge
$111
$100
  • Breakfast included
Hallmark Hotel Hull(North Ferriby)
$73
$68
Agoda.com
$66
PremierInn.com
Village Hotel Club Hull(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
$53
1,600 results
All reviewsgolf courseq hotelsevening mealgreat golfspa treatmentsgolf breaktwo double bedsgolf barround of golflight lunchgolf societyrelaxation roommain restaurantleisure facilitiessteam roomspa areasuperior room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is unashamedly a golf resort, but if you're not a golfer don't pass it by. There is something for everyone. There was a hen night booked in on the Saturday and plenty of women on spa breaks, though they may have been with golfing husbands. Perhaps not the best place to take pre-teens, though they are catered for there isn't a lot for them to do.

The rooms are large, clean and well equipped. Not much more to be said about those really.

This is a true four star hotel from the rooms to the restaurant and the leisure facilities. Three great 9 hole golf courses that can be played in any combination to make an 18 hole round and provide variety over a longer stay. The layout is beautiful, the greens challenging and the conditions excellant at the time of playing (July 13). Possibly not the courses for a beginner, but low 20s handicappers can enjoy the course if you don't look at the scorecard too closely afterwards.

The leisure faciltities are great. A good length pool (can get busy), a large fully equipped gym and full spa facilities. I didn't try the spa, but if its the same standard as everything else then it will be good.

The food is very good quality and if you are on a package you can get an excellant meal within your spending allowance. Supplements apply for some menu selections though (steaks, cheese board and others). be sure to book a table though when the hotel is busy. Bar food is available in the Pines Bar if you haven't booked - the haddock and chips are recommended.

A final word in praise of the staff. Everyone we dealt with was well trained, friendly and professional. A word to the management though - more staff on the bar at busy times please, especially around dinner time.

To get the best value look for package deals. I just checked the Q Hotels company website and they were charging £100 more for the package that we were on. Golfers should try the dedicated golfing websites, and non golfers could do the same. You can always cancel your tee-times if you don't want to play golf.

Room Tip: We got an upgrade because we were booked into twin rooms (6 blokes sharing) and they had run out, so we all got a room each. Try checking in later in the day.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Jacquie H, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear bobcubitt
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read that you and your colleagues enjoyed your recent golf trip with us. I am so pleased that you were able to use all the facilities around the resort and I do hope you will be able to return soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a one night stay at Forest Pines after attending a wedding nearby. Every member of staff we came into contact with was extremely helpful and polite. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to any of my friends. There are lots of golfing parties using the hotel, but we found the extra bodies enhanced the atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacquie H, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Margaret W
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us to attend a wedding. Many thanks for your kind recommendation and I do hope you will be able to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Perfect hotel for your golfing needs and spa days to hotel was fantastic only prob as there was 24 of us and the hotel was full the food turned up late and some of it was cold but as Charlotte holder sorted my room and problems out was still 100 % happy and the 27 hole golf course was amazing will be back soon

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Dave J
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your golfing trip with us. I will pass your kind comments on to Charlotte who will be so pleased to have received a special mention. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I visited this hotel with my wife for 2 nights Sunday to Tuesday in early July hoping for a few days relaxation. Whilst we enjoyed the facilities I was surprised at how dominating golf is at the hotel. The place was over run with golfers, numerous groups of men with very few couples/families staying. I must confess I too am a golfer and had a game whilst my wife enjoyed the pool however mine was an unpleasant experience as a single golfer stuck behind 4 balls! Everything about the hotel, golf course and complex are fine just overdone with the golf!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacquie H, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Plasmadreamer
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was disappointed to read that you found the resort to be dominated with golfers as we do cater for family's and couples that visit us on a regular basis. I am pleased that you and your wife were able to use the facilities around the resort and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

As always we and our friends looked forward to returning to Forest Pines as we have usually enjoyed our stay there. It all started out fine with reception being very courteous and helpful but from then on it was fraught with problems. Firstly the wine that was supposed to be in the room was not there. We then were told that the Grill restaurant was not available and that more chic " 1857 " would be better for our evening meal. What a disappointment !!! To be fair the main courses were edible but the starters were largely tasteless and the dessert of Bakewell Tart Nickerbocker Glory was awful. The pieces of Bakewell tart were rock hard the cherries tasteless and the cherry gum more like squares of raw jelly. Various condiments were missing from the table and had to be asked for . We did complain about the desserts but to no avail.
Looking forward to the golf the following day we were then asked to pay £30 instead of the £25 already agreed over the phone when booking . Eventually the price quoted to us was accepted but it felt as though we were being given a favour !!

The following night we decided to eat in the Pines which is used by the golf ears. What a difference !! A chef who could clearly cook and attentive service by our waiter.

All in all not bad but we would think long and hard before returning.

1  Thank ianboardman64
Jacquie H, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear ianboardman64
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent visit with us here at Forest Pines. I will contact you separately regarding your comments.