“Brilliant! Fantastic! Amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Broughton
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant! Fantastic! Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My partner and I stayed for a golfing weekend and were wowed with all aspects of the hotel. Rooms, spa facilities and golf course were all fantastic and i don't think i have have ever had such value for money... More than anything, there was a real friendly buzz about the place, generated by the staff and transmitted to the guests - a wonderful place to visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pounters1
Paul S, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear pounters1
Many thanks for your review. I was delighted to read that you had a brilliant time with us on your golfing weekend. Your comments are really appreciated and I do hope that you will be able to return soon.
Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My hubby & I stayed here for a friends wedding, we had a few requests on check in such as booking taxis & arranging a gift to be put in the bride & grooms room, all of which were no problem & instantly sorted by the fabulous welcoming & helpful receptionist Alice. She also arranged food via room service for us whilst we got ready which was really good. Our room was excellent with a fabulous x-large bed!! The brilliant thick blackout curtains meant we slept soundly until our alarm went off for breakfast! Breakfast served until 10.30am which is ideal at the weekend! The breakfast was a good quality & selection. We also enjoyed a lovely massage before we left & again the staff were friendly & helpful. We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay & look forward to visiting again in the not too distant future x

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KateCoop
Dear KateCoop
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us to attend a friends wedding. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I will pass your kind comments on to Alice who will be so pleased to have received a special mention. We too also look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our company has used Forest Pines several times recently for day conferences and we have always been very pleased by our reception. The entire staff go out of their way to be helpful, and leadership is top quality. Best of all, value for money - Forest Pines excels at offering VfM.Our latest stay was as the hotel's guests at a promotions event. What comes across more than anything is strong team work throughout, a warm welcome and some good food. Our room was very clean and well equipped, the event was most enjoyable and ouronly regret was not taking full advantage of the wide range of facilities provided.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank DuncandGlenis
Dear DuncandGlenis
Many thanks for your review. I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed your several visits with us through your company. Thank you for your continued loyalty and we look forward to welcoming back soon and hopefully you will be able to take advantage of all our facilities at the resort.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

A very nice hotel, although we did meet with a couple of problems initially. There was myself, my husband and our two children staying for two nights in a twin room, which was very pleasant until later on in the evening there was a continuous loud mechanical buzzing noise which stopped us from sleeping. We contacted Reception who advised unfortunately the they could not do anything with the noise but they offered to move us, so we moved to room number 2. However come 6.30am the next morning another loud noise started which sounded like the room was going to explode we spoke to Reception who again offered to move us. The help and service we received from both Reception and Housekeeping was great and the 3rd room was fantastic, very peaceful. The other problem we encountered was in the Grill Restaurant the food was very poor, so much so that we had to speak to the manager on the second evening when we were dining with friends, again the staff were all very good, but I would not recommend eating in that particular restaurant. However there is other places to eat within the hotel. We also really enjoyed using the golf course, spa and treatments the hotel offered.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rebecca H
Dear GarethK95
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Forest Pines. I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your time with us. I have taken your comments regarding the Grill Restaurant breakfast very seriously along with breakfast staff remarks and these will be addressed with our Food and Beverage Services Manager as this is not our normal standard of service and corrective training will take place.
I do hope that you will be able to visit us again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel has a reputation as being the premier hotel in northern Lincolnshire and the reputation is deserved, though the lack of competition means there are certain little things that could be done to make it far better and more deserving of it's 4-star rating.

The reception staff were extremely good and I have nothing but praise for them. They were friendly, helpful and gave an impression of courtesy and professionalism. On arrival I went to the golf centre to enquire about the course and the golf pro was great at answering the kind of questions all visiting golfers have (do you need a handicap certificate etc...), I was therefore extremely disappointed when the heavens opened up the next morning which ruled out going out for a round.

I stayed in a standard room which was very good but I couldn't help but think it could be that little bit better for a 4-star hotel with such a strong reputation - in the US this would be a 3.5 star hotel and not a 4. The bathroom has a heated towel rail, a shaving mirror, plenty of shelf space and an anti-steam mirror. The wi-fi worked automatically and it was fast. There was a trouser press but no iron in the room (who needs to press trousers but not iron a shirt?!) and there was no fridge or ice bucket. As is the case at every hotel, there are never enough power sockets at the desk!

I met family (who were not staying) for dinner. The bar is excellent and we ate in the Grill which is labelled as the mid-market alternative to the AA Rosette restaurant Eighteen57. The Grill's food is significantly better than mid-market and the waiting staff were very knowledgeable about the dishes on the menu and friendly too. I think the prices for the Grill were actually under-priced. I had a blade of beef dish that was outstanding (though nowhere near enough gravy!!!) and far better than anything I've had in "mid-market" restaurants at any other hotel in the UK. Bread and oil, 3 mains, 3 drinks and a good bottle of shiraz came to £85 and I expected it to be well over £100.

Breakfast is served in the Grill and was hugely disappointing. As far as I was concerned the staff remained great but I expect a 4-star hotel to have an a-la-carte breakfast and not a buffet. The orange juice was concentrate and not fresh, there were not enough cheeses, no black pudding etc... If a 4-star hotel serves a buffet for breakfast then it has to do it extremely well. The one criticism was from a couple of businessmen on the next table who I overheard saying that as they walked through to breakfast they'd heard a member of staff saying to another while watching the news on the bar TV "they should have shot her in the head years ago" referring to the death of Margaret Thatcher. I'd like to think this was a case of Chinese whispers but even if it was taken out of context it's a reminder that people who work in hotels need to be extremely careful what they say even when they think nobody is listening!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear GarethK95
I do hope that you will be able to visit us again in the future.
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed here half a dozen times, and been generally happy each time, although I did get a partial refund on one occasion when there was no heating in my room in midwinter. The staff were apologetic and quick to organise a heater.
The gym is comprehensive, and the pool is larger than most hotel pools. Althogh, both can get busy with locals, paying for the privilege. Pick your times!
Evening meals are a big letdown, with the usual selection of microwaved big chain favourites.
Limited selection is available when hotel is quiet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Paul S, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear onestepforward
Thank you for your review and continued loyalty. I was delighted to read that you are generally happy with your stay. I have passed your comments regarding the evening meal selection to our Executive Head Chef to review. I hope you will continue to visit us in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just returned from a fantastic golfing weekend, food sound, golf fab, and the staff brilliant. A huge thank you to Alice & Charlotte who were a breath of fresh air, fantasic double act, every hotel sould have one.
#whotheeffisalice #jemimapuddleduck

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank skelly1312
Dear skelly1312
Many thanks for your review. I was so pleased to read that you had a fantastic golf weekend with us. I will pass your kind comments on to Alice and Charlotte who will be so pleased to have received a special mention. I hope you will be able to visit us again soon.
Paul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broughton
Branston Hall Hotel
Arties Mill & Lodge
#1 of 2 in Brigg
Washingborough Hall Country House Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln

Been to Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel? Share your experiences!