“Understated with great attention to detail”

Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Broughton
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel while on a training course nearby.
First impressions were great.
Hollie at reception made us very welcome and was always bright and cheerful when we saw her throughout our stay.
While I didn't have time to use the onsite pool etc, my colleagues did and they gave them a glowing report.
The rooms are clean, comfortable and surpass the standard you might expect of a room in this price range.
The hotel is very easy to find and it was not difficult to find a parking space despite the hotel being quite busy.
I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to colleagues or friends.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet but the room I had was quite a distance from reception. If this is an issue, ask...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Thomas D
Many thanks for your review. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your kind comments on to Hollie who will be so pleased to have received a special mention.
Thank you for your recommendation and I hope you will be able to visit us again soon.
Paul

Write a ReviewReviews (1,566)

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Me and partner would just like to express what a fantastic place!! We got married here in September and what a great day it was from the minute we first visited it right till the end the staff were amazing and always at hand. We had such a great day and the food was amazing from the minute we turned up the toast maker was their right till the end of the day.. Friends and family were saying how nice it was and what a great day it was the only downside to it was after spending alot of money on the wedding their we checked out the following day to receive a phone call saying we owed 50 pounds for a room upgrade something we never asked for the man on reception was very rude and upset us the way he spoke to just ruined the following day something that shouldn't of happend

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Gates10
Many thanks for your review. I was so pleased to read that you had a fantastic wedding with us. Please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding regarding your room upgrade. I have personally spoken to the receptionist concerned. I do hope you will be able to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Fanatstic food and evening, slightly marred by slow bar service but all in all a very good night in an excellant hotel. A proffessioanl photographer was on hand which I must say took fanatstic photographs at a very reasonable cost. The bag pipes although not at midnight gave an added dimention. The table comapny was good there were four in our party and six in theirs. The room was spacious and clean and we never heard any noise from revellers and had a fantastic nights sleep. The breakfast service was spot on and run very efficently for a full hotel and again the food choice and taste was faultless.

1  Thank Jackie-Sue300
Paul S, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Jackie-Sue300
Thank you for your review. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your New Years Eve with us and I hope that you will be able to return in the near future.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel 3 to 4 nights a week since November and i am always impressed with the friendliness of the staff. In particularly Alice, Charlotte and Hollie who always welcome me with a smile, remember my name and checking in is effortless and quick. I have recommended this hotel to my colleagues who have also commented on the above mentioned staff. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and have Sky sports for those who wish to watch a match in the comfort of their room. Ollie (bar) and Jayne (Breakfast) are also extremely friendly and polite.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear giggleboxdury
Many Thanks for your review. I will pass your kind comments on to Alice, Charlotte, Hollie, Ollie and Jayne who will be so pleased to have received a special mention. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on 21st December as we were attending a Christmas Party night at the hotel, this is the second year running we have been to Forest Pines and could not fault anything. The rooms were large and very comfortable and the staff could not do enough for you. Breakfast the following morning was also very good, with vegetarian sausages made fresh if you wanted them, not that I did but it keeps the wife quiet.

The only thing that let the night down was the room used for the Christmas party as it there were no signs that it was a Christmas do, no tree, no trimmings we could have been at a conference in the middle of summer if it hadn't been as cold outside.

Looking forward to next year already

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Paul S, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Nick51
Many thanks for your review and continued loyalty. I am so pleased that overall you enjoyed your Christmas party. Forest Pines prides itself on its food quality and service and I'd like to thank you for letting others know.
We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We attended the gala party night at Forest pines on New years Eve,after a last minuet change to our parties plans.
I had read several trip advisor comments regarding the poor food & service,however we attended open minded.
The price was a little to high for our older party members.
The venue - As expected of a 4* star property the function room was tasteful, comfortable & clean.
The staff on arrival were attentive welcoming & helpful.
The food - The starter was good, the soup was tasty, the fillet steak steaks were cooked perfectly, & the desert was over indulgent.
Only negatives were -
The price
The vegetables were poor, it needed another potato dish and extra vegetables as everything is plated up, I can understand that due the amount of guests int he room, the logistics of silver service would cause a nightmare for the chefs.
The disco was fine - perhaps on new years eve you need an mc compare to get everyone in the party spirit.
The band poor - The lead singer obviously had throat issues as you couldn't hear her!
Perhaps more excitement at midnight? a few exploding balloons ??
Wine pre-order was wrong on our table however it was resolved quickly and efficiently, I do think the next table benefited from our wine and beer .
Overall a good night.

Dear nanniemcphee
Thank you for you review. I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your New Year with us it is appreciated and of course we look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We booked three rooms for a family get together for an overnight stay on 29th December. The rooms were all together and were spacious with good facilities. Some of us used the pool and jacuzzi and the staff there were very helpful. There was a bit if a problem in the evening as we wanted to have something to eat, but not a meal.One of the party had been (wrongly) told that one of the bars would be open until 9pm for this purpose but in fact they had shut at 6.30pm However the deputy manager dealt with this very well and we were offered the room service menu which was brought to us in the lounge area and she took note of the problem of wanting to eat a snack but not having the faciltiy. Problem solved and everyone was happy. Breakfast the next morning was one of the best we've had anywhere in the world!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sambagirl51
Many thanks for your review. I was delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay with us and you were able to use of the facilities around the resort.
I hope you will be able to return soon.
Paul

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broughton
Travelodge Scunthorpe
#1 of 1 in Branston
The Lincoln Hotel
The Lincoln Hotel
#7 of 14 in Lincoln

Been to Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel? Share your experiences!