“Very nic stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Bourne B&B and Inns
Belper, United Kingdom
“Very nic stay”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

First impressions showed the place to be a little tired, my room was upstairs above the bar. However the room was excellent in a oldie worldly way.

The restaurant was first class and the service is excellent. There was a little bit of noise from the bar in the venong, but not too bad.

Breakfast was also very good, an all round pleasure to stay.

My only issue was, the site I booked on neglected to tell me the Hotel is part of a golf course, I'd of taken my clubs if I'd have known

Room Tip: Take your golf clubs...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ToftManagement, Owner at Toft Country House Hotel And Golf Club, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your time to leave your feedback on tripadvisor. Hopefully we will see you again soon and remember to bring your clubs!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Hampshire, UK
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have eaten at the Toft on a number of occasions as it is the nearest pub and restuarant to a close relative that we visit a number of times each year. The pub itself is quite pleasant, expecially in winter with the log fires, it also seems to double as a clubhouse for the Toft golf course. We have eaten a couple of times in the bar and, for me, that is preferable to eating in the lofty restaurant. The food is quite pleasant without being too exciting and the kitchen and waiting staff are quite competent but I just find it a bit boring.
I have not stayed in the hotel but I have attended a function in the newer extension and this was very good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. Hopefully we will see you again in the future.
Bourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the Toft Hotel several times over a few weeks whilst working in Stamford.
Overall I would catagorise my experience here as very satisfactory.
The outstanding feature of this hotel is without a doubt the superb level of service. Close second is the fantastic value for money. On average I was paying £60 per night, which is about the going rate for most of the larger chain hotels, and very competative for this area.
The food is very, very good and the portion sizes are very generous. The choice on the menu is good, although there could be more lighter options. The breakfast is superb also.
I stayed in the courtyard rooms, and these are spacious and very comfortable. The decor is a little dated and tired looking, but the rooms are very clean and you even get an iron and ironing board.
On the whole this is very worthy of a visit, for a stay, or just for a meal. I would even say that the larger chain hotels could learn a few things about service from the staff here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ToftManagement, Owner at Toft Country House Hotel And Golf Club, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for your time to leave your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope that we see you again soon.
Guernsey, Channel Isles
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Every year we visit the Burghley Horse Trials and were delighted five years ago to find the Toft Hotel, which is a short drive away. We've stayed there from Thursday - Sunday, the weekend of the Horse Trials, ever since. The hotel gets better each year and we always look forward to a warm welcome from Frank, Isabel and the team when we arrive. Attention to detail is high on their list of priorities. The hotel is in a lovely location, the rooms are comfortable and clean. We enjoy the ambiance of the bar where we dine each evening and the food is excellent. We have already booked for 2013.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ArtemisTT
ToftManagement, Owner at Toft Country House Hotel And Golf Club, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on here, we look forward to seeing you next year!
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Our daughter and new son in law held their wedding reception here on 25th august and from the moment the venue was originally booked we have found Isobel to be the most helpful and accommodating host. On the actual day all our expectations were met to the full and myself and my husband cannot thank Isobel and her team enough for helping to make the day the success it was, including the somewhat odd dietry request from the groom!.Some of the party stayed overnight and all rooms were well equipped and comfy. I would definately reccommend Toft as a wedding venue and look forward to visiting again soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your time to leave your feedback. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed the day, I will pass it onto the team. Thank you for your card aswel. Hopefully see you again soon.
Lincolnshire UK
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We vsited the restaurant as a party of 9 to celebrate a family members birthday. The hotel is set in beautiful, well kept grounds with a tranquil atmosphere. The bar area is modern and well staffed, perfect for a pre-drink before you go through to the restaurant. The restaurant is light, airy, well decorated and seats around 25-30 people. Although the setting feels upmarket, it is certainly not 'stuffy'

There was a set menu on the Sunday that we went, 3 courses for £20 per head, this included two roast options, which are carved at your table. The food was absoultely delicious and piping hot. The staff cannot be more attentive, they were also spot on with timings between courses.

It was such a beautiful day, that we ate our deserts / coffee's outside on the patio area and again the service was faultless.

Overall, this felt a real treat for the price of the three courses. Real value for money as the food, service and setting was perfect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ToftManagement, Owner at Toft Country House Hotel And Golf Club, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for your time to leave your comments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here at Toft. Hopefully see you again in the future.
Stamford
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We live very locally to Toft Country House Hotel and Golf Club, it's in a beautiful setting and has a lot to offer there's a small campsite with electric hook-up, hotel rooms, function and meeting rooms, golf course, beauty rooms, bar and food..... The property and grounds have had lots of work done to them to modernise and make them more attractive however it is still not quite to a great standard yet.

A few years ago we held our work's Christmas party at Toft and the food was excellent considering it was done on a mass level, much better than we'd expected. However this year we were sent a letter with a leaflet telling us about the Christmas functions and they didn't put enough postage on! We were fined the £1 to receive it and when I called advising them it was like I was talking another lanugage (also we'd called and left a message to book Jackson Stops their sister restaurant) and I mentioned this saying we'd not been called back - again no apology.

The outside area is lovely, you can sit looking over the fields and watch the sun go down whilst having a drink. The food menu is extensive and there's a lot of choice many of the products coming from a local supplier.

I had t-bone steak and, whilst it was cooked just right, it had no seasoning, the sauce was bland the vegetables were microwaved with a slight congealing over the top. The potatoes of the day were new (which was fine) but no butter or seasoning. Yes we said the meal was ok as it was but it could've been so much better and was disappointing. It was definitely a 3 out of 5 meal.

Toft Country House has so much potential if just a little more effort, care and attention where made.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DianeLS
ToftManagement, Owner at Toft Country House Hotel And Golf Club, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. I am so sorry to hear that you had to pay £1 extra for the postage, I can assure you that this was not intentinal, as we sent many of the same leaflets out and have not heard anything from anyone else, so please accept my sincere appolagies for our mistake.
I will pass your comment on regarding you calling the Jackson's and hearing nothing back to the managment there, as we do value all our customers and I am not happy to hear that you were not called back.
Regarding your last meal with us, I am sorry to hear that you felt it was not up to our normal standard, so we can investigate this further please could you contact me to tell me which day you visited us. I look forward to hearing from you soon, and thank you for your custom and hopefully we will see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourne
The William Cecil at Stamford
#4 of 7 in Stamford
The Pearl Hotel
The Pearl Hotel
#1 of 27 in Peterborough

Been to Toft Country House Hotel And Golf Club? Share your experiences!