Gilburn Bed & Breakfast
Burleigh Court(Loughborough)
$88
$85
Travelocity
Travelodge Loughborough Central(Loughborough)(Great Value!)
$68
$95
$91
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
$86
$71
  • Breakfast included
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bhotel roomplace to stayfree wifimalcolm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Gilburn Bed & Breakfast. We stayed in one of the 4 new rooms which have all the new facilities and comforts. There are rooms in the house as well. Our room was spotlessly clean and serviced every day. Malcom was a wonderful host and genuinely seemed to enjoy spending time talking with us. Breakfasts were wonderful and the special Shewsberry Cookies left in our room were so delicous. We would definitely stop again to visit with Malc as he made us feel at home.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank detrick_elizabeth_r
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just had the good fortune to stay at the Gilburn and can't say enough good things! Was visiting from Texas with my daughter and son-in-law who has family in Shepshed. They always stay here when they are in the area - and it is easy for me to see why. The room was large, comfortable, and spotlessly clean. I've stayed in many B&Bs through the years - I think this one now tops my list. My one regret is that we did not have a chance to enjoy the breakfast - but I'm looking forward to that opportunity when I next return. I've become a huge fan of 'the full English"!
Truly, you cannot go wrong if you choose to stay at the Gilburn!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Visit Shepshed for business on a regular basis. The Gilburn is a perfect place to stay. Rooms are nice and spacious. The owner, Malcolm is like a friend and (being a regular) even the dogs love to see me and play with me. Note about the dogs (in case you are not a dog lover), normally they are kept away from the guests, but if you like them, they are wonderful. Breakfast is excellent, freshly made to order with eggs from their own chickens, good French press coffee and all "full English breakfast" choices one can think of (many more than I need). Also the Gilburn has excellent quality free wifi and many TV channel choices. Very friendly and very comfortable place!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stay here quite regularily for work and always compare other B&Bs to this one. Malcolm, the owner, is an exceedingly friendly host and has plently of helpful advice when it is sort. Bedrooms are almost 5 star with top quaility beds and bedding, spacious rooms, immaculate bathrooms and large fluffy towels. The cooked breakfast is lovely with the most amazing bacon. The rooms are quiet even though the main road into Shepshed is fairly close.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've been meaning to write a review for quite some time now... so here it goes!

My husband and I stay at the Gilburn fairly frequently as we have family in the area. We absolutely adore it! The rooms are large, spacious, clean, modern and very comfortable. We always stay in the annex, so each room has its own en suite. The shower is great! Better than ours at home.

Malc (the proprietor) is a lovely man and we always like to have a chat with him. (Hint: If you're into golf, this man is your go to for information about the local courses.)

Take the breakfast option! Malc's fry up is the best I've ever had... We've even gone so far as to ask about his butcher so we can pick up some of the amazing sausages for our own breakfasts.

I could go into detail after detail, but I think it's easiest just to say: STAY HERE! You can't go wrong.

• Stayed: February 2013