“heaven”

Champneys Springs Health Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Packington
Reviewed December 18, 2012

i recently had my yearly 3 day break at springs.
what a fabulous makeover they have done in the seating area. a touch of luxury beautiful done,
the staff are always happy and nothing to much for them
.the rooms are lovely and clean and fresh smelling,with a cosy bed.
the food is excellent a choice for everyone love the wraps.
the treatments are my fab i like to try a different one every year so this year went for massage called lomi lomi i would recommend this treatment to anyone not going to tell you about it you got to try it yourself.
springs is such a chilled out place of heaven cant wait to save to go next year.

it such a chilled out

Room Tip: i have stayed in rooms all over the place there and they are all good
1  Thank brock532
Write a ReviewReviews (1,996)

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I spent a day at Springs and had 3 treatments. This was my first visit to the spa hotel and I must say from the moment I arrived I was most impressed. The setting is beautiful and nicely tucked away. The place itself is quite lavishly done throughout with a luxurious but not pompous feel to it. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful and the atmosphere around the spa is friendly and very relaxed.
I was supplied with a white robe and given complimentary Champeneys white flip flops. I soon found my way around and felt quite at home. I had 3 treatments booked, the first one being a full body massage which I thoroughly enjoyed and felt very good afterwards.
This was followed by a luxury pedicure and I even got to keep the nail polish of my choice which was an unexpected bonus.
There was complimentary tea, coffee, water and juices around as well as fresh fruit which I thought was a perfect touch.
The lunch was very tasty and healthy with plenty of choice of good food and freshly cooked stir fry which was satisfying but not too filling.
My final treatment was a floatation detox which I had never had before and it really was so relaxing. I would definately recommend this treatment I thoroughly enjoyed it and would certainly have another one.
I also made use of the sauna and steam room. The whole experience was amazing and I felt like I had been transported to a bubble away from the rest of the world by the time I had to leave and go back to reality!
Will definately be returning.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank A K L
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I recently stayed at Champneys on a two-night break (friends had managed to find the time for a 6 night break - very jealous!). This was my second visit to Springs and I must say it's my favourite Champneys. The setting is lovely, rooms brilliant and food fabulous .... then there's the treatments .. my package included a Thalassotherapy treatment, which is a mineral pool with powerful water jets massaging your body. Also included was a 25 min facial and a 25 min massage that I upgraded to an hour each (you just pay the difference). I also booked a luxury pedicare and a truly wonderful Mediterranean Bliss Hot Stone Massage. All the treatments were so relaxing and the therapists all lovely. My favourite was the Hot Stone, I felt like I'd been in there for hours and was fit for nothing afterwards, so completely chilled! :-). Definitely visiting again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My two night visit to Springs recently was a marvellous experience. I am disabled and have limited mobility which I mentioned when booking the break. The staff could not have done more for me and I was very impressed by every member of staff with whom I came into contact. They made sure my room was very near to all of the facilities so that I didn't have to walk too far and they made sure that I had all of the things I needed to make my stay comfortable.

From the receptionist who told me to sit in the comfortable area adjacent to reception and she would bring the check in process to me - to the lady in the coffee shop who insisted on carrying my coffee to the table where I was sitting - nothing was too much trouble.

As for the resort itself - well the swimming/jacuzzi/sauna etc., complex is brilliant. Well designed and beautiful. The treatments were a joy - my two hour manicure and pedicure session was a real highlight and Zoe who did them was an absolute joy. So caring.

Food - no lettuce leaves and water here. The food at all meals is incredible. Fresh, healthy and very tasty. A great choice at each meal. And again all of the staff very helpful and friendly.

I can't comment on the gym and fitness activities as I didn't partake - but my daughter who accompanied me - attended many sessions and declare them all brilliant.

All in all Springs is a great place to go for a break - and has certainly helped me to recharge ready for Christmas. Can't wait for my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sue C
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently stayed at Champneys Springs with my Mum for 4 nights. I've been before and it was every bit as fabulous as the last time! It was very relaxing and felt like we had a much longer holiday! The food was exquisite and very healthy. The gym was great and had little individual TV's that made the workouts fly by! The pool and spa area was simply divine. The staff were friendly and so helpful. We're already planning our next trip back there!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed for 1night with a friend.We booked Champneys as it's name is synonymous with what we thought was be a quality Spa. Sadly we were left disappointed. The package covered lunch, evening meal and breakfast as well as 2 treatments lasting 25 mins and cost £219 each. The treatments were rushed and we both felt sorry for the therapists as they seemed like they were under pressure to get us in and get us out on time. Their feeling of time pressure was passed onto us and we didn't feel the benefit of any of the treatments.The rooms were basic and no better than a budget hotel, we did get dressing gowns and slippers provided free of charge.We have been to other Spa/ Hotels that have provided better and cheaper.Sorry we won't be going to a Champneys again.

Room Tip: Maybe you could upgrade to a better standard, our room was very tired and my friends bed was so unco...
2  Thank no1airedale
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have been going to Champneys at Springs for quite a few years now, and have always benefitted greatly by my stay! The staff in all department throughout the resort are most helpfull and all of the treatments are sooo relaxing! I have had most of them now and re-book my favourite ones! The 2 night loyaly breaks are so usefull to look forward to over the winter for the spring or to use just before Xmas to set you up for the winter months ahead. The new changes in the Reception area and Lounge were much needed and bring those areas up to date. On our last visit we were upgraded to a Superior room which was lovely and had 2 good night sleep on comfortable beds! The quisine is second to none and the choice is so vast! Roll on next April for the next visit.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms by the lake side are lovely with patio doors and chairs and tables.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Packington
Bosworth Hall Hotel & Spa
Hermitage Park Hotel
#2 of 2 in Coalville
Jurys Inn Hinckley Island
Best Western Plus Ullesthorpe Court Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Champneys Springs Health Resort? Share your experiences!